Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Vicente Still Not in Full Training?

Wilko

LUZZING chairs about
Sep 19, 2003
BN1
We don't want to send him anywhere where it's going to be an ugly Monday night, raining and cold. I don't think he would like that.

I am going to have a word with my boss and see if I can arrange to only work on days when there is sunshine, I do not really like getting up and going to work on rainy, cold days. Mondays in particular I do not really like. I will get back to you all after my meeting and tell you how I get on.

seagullsovergrimsby

#cpfctinpotclub
Aug 21, 2005
Crap Town
He will not be here next season I suspect so it would be nice to see something from him.

Agreed , we will be looking at bringing in another player of his experience , stature and skill who is less injury prone.

Tony Meolas Loan Spell

Slut Faced Whores
Jul 15, 2004
Vamanos Pest
He is Vincente he plays when he wants.

He plays when he wants

He is Vicente

He plays when he wants.

Right Next.

Oscar

Nov 10, 2003
Interesting quotes from Gus. It's almost as if he's deliberately trying to expose Vicente as a very difficult player to manage.

Last week Tano said he was a loner and now this. That said, the guy is such a brilliant player it's hard not to want to put up with his personal failings if there is even a slim chance he might be available to play a few games before the end of the season.

DIFFBROOK

Really Up the Junction
Feb 3, 2005
Yorkshire
To be fair to Vicente, they are Gus words and not his. Also, sometimes the context gets lost in typed quotes. Was Gus laughing and joking when he came out with that comment?

Its obvious his fitness does have to be managed and it would be stupid to throw him in on a very slippery, boggy pitch after spending this much time building up his fitness.

At the end of the day he is a luxury player. A bit like a ferrari - and after all how reliable is a ferrari......but I bet we would all want one on the rare days that we can actually drive it.

ditchy

a man with a sound track record as a source of qua
Jul 8, 2003
brighton
To be fair to Vicente, they are Gus words and not his. Also, sometimes the context gets lost in typed quotes. Was Gus laughing and joking when he came out with that comment?

Its obvious his fitness does have to be managed and it would be stupid to throw him in on a very slippery, boggy pitch after spending this much time building up his fitness.

At the end of the day he is a luxury player. A bit like a ferrari - and after all how reliable is a ferrari......but I bet we would all want one on the rare days that we can actually drive it.

A Convertable car in the UK . Rarely able to use . That dosent stop you using with the roof up . Ie getting your head down and getting on with it !

DIFFBROOK

Really Up the Junction
Feb 3, 2005
Yorkshire
A Convertable car in the UK . Rarely able to use . That dosent stop you using with the roof up . Ie getting your head down and getting on with it !

Not quite the same analogy is it? Putting the roof up on a convertible car, turns it into a normal car. A Ferrari is no ordinary car and Vicente is no ordinary player. Both top end, both unreliable, both wanted.

Dub-67

Sep 12, 2012
A Ferrari is no ordinary car and Vicente is no ordinary player. Both top end, both unreliable, both wanted.

but when they go they go like sh*t off a shovel.

He is sucj a joy to watch when he's playing.. total class. I think Gus is playing this right. You cant put him out with the reserves on a cold wet monday night. I'm sure Gus is treating him differently and he probably should.. He could make all the difference with a string of appearances..

Albion Dan

Banned
Jul 8, 2003
Peckham
At the end of the day a previously injury prone Vicente wanted out and we forced him to come back AFTER Gus previously publicly said he could go if he wanted too. A very high risk strategy as he could always play the injury card and still get paid. Saying that I still believe that Vicente is up for it with us when he's properly fit.

What is completely unprofessional is the language people at the club use when discussing Vicente, very poor PR, but then that is Poyets forte I guess. It should be a shut case of he's injured and no more until that situation changes. The current insinuation and Naylor stirring of any Vicente omment is breeding this nonsense and pure conjecture which people then convince themselves is fact amongst supporters

ditchy

a man with a sound track record as a source of qua
Jul 8, 2003
brighton
Not quite the same analogy is it? Putting the roof up on a convertible car, turns it into a normal car. A Ferrari is no ordinary car and Vicente is no ordinary player. Both top end, both unreliable, both wanted.

yeah guess so.. what i was trying to say i guess is that he needs to get his head down and be seen to be making more of an effort .. On the whole he is adored at brighton to almost hero worship status... you would think he would love to be out there lapping it up

Dub-67

Sep 12, 2012
At the end of the day a previously injury prone Vicente wanted out and we forced him to come back AFTER Gus previously publicly said he could go if he wanted too. A very high risk strategy as he could always play the injury card and still get paid. Saying that I still believe that Vicente is up for it with us when he's properly fit.

What is completely unprofessional is the language people at the club use when discussing Vicente, very poor PR, but then that is Poyets forte I guess. It should be a shut case of he's injured and no more until that situation changes. The current insinuation and Naylor stirring of any Vicente omment is breeding this nonsense and pure conjecture which people then convince themselves is fact amongst supporters

I agree. He was injured lots last season as well.. that wasnt because he didnt want to be here. He is a bit crocked but I think he wants to play.. when he took his shirt of after scoring last season he looked pretty happy to be here! I think he still is... maybe not his misses but who knows.

DIFFBROOK

Really Up the Junction
Feb 3, 2005
Yorkshire
I agree with that.

I wonder if at the age of say 21 and just starting out and had these type of probelems, whether he would have pushed himself harder to play.

At his age he is bound to get aches and pains, I bet no player is totally pain free at his stage of his career.

yeah guess so.. what i was trying to say i guess is that he needs to get his head down and be seen to be making more of an effort .. On the whole he is adored at brighton to almost hero worship status... you would think he would love to be out there lapping it up

Seasidesage

May 19, 2009
Brighton, United Kingdom
Fact is, scoring goals is our problem. Vicente is a master creator of chances and without a doubt the most talented player in the Championship. If we are to get promoted we need him in the big games to come...

Tony Meolas Loan Spell

Slut Faced Whores
Jul 15, 2004
Vamanos Pest
Maybe thats the plan. Keep him in cotton wool for the next few weeks then unleash him on 1/12...

goldstone

Jul 5, 2003
Still unable to fathom why Gus played him in that pointless game at Swindon. Stupid decision in my opinion.

marshy68

Jul 10, 2011
Brighton
While I agree how long do we wait until it's time to say enough is enough and let Gus look for an alternative.
If Vicente isn't fit by the January window I'd let him go and bring in fresh legs for the second half of the season.

I think Dobbie will be the alternative playing as an attacking midfielder...

kevtherev

Feb 28, 2008
Tunbridge Wells
" It would be perfect for him to play but it would have to be a nice one. We don't want to send him anywhere where it's going to be an ugly Monday night, raining and cold. I don't think he would like that."

And that my friends says it all.

ahhhhhh, didums.....Is our manager really saying that about a member of the Brighton and Hove Albion playing staff?....I just bet that makes all the others feel wonderful.

Commander

NSC Patron
Apr 28, 2004
London
Still unable to fathom why Gus played him in that pointless game at Swindon. Stupid decision in my opinion.

For once, your negative drivel is right. It really was a ridiculous decision, I just cant see the thinking behind it. Massive mistake from Gus that one.

Blue Valkyrie

Not seen such Bravery!
Sep 1, 2012
Valhalla
I imagine they are now targetting the home match v Leeds for the gifted one to return :beer::beer::beer:

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here