Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Vicente Still Not in Full Training?

Rich Suvner

Skint years RIP
Jul 17, 2003
Worthing
This is EXACTLY the sort of thing people were saying last season. Then we all saw him play...

It's very frustrating but I'm sure the club knew they could afford him for another year and with that being the case i am prepared to wait on this one.

Talented he may be, but he did not make us a better team in terms of results.

He is a waste of wages.

Rich Suvner

Skint years RIP
Jul 17, 2003
Worthing
And can people stop referring to Vicente as a legend. There are many players more deserving of that title, past and present.

seagullondon

Mar 15, 2011
Actually yes, but that is not the point, its fairly obvious. I've been a behavior recognition trainer, mostly in the security industry, since 1989.

child-behaviour-problem3.jpg

What behavior is being shown here :moo:

Rugrat

Mar 13, 2011
Seaford
He never wanted back in the first place and I'm sure this is all designed for us to wave the white flag and let him go. If so then just let him and if Elche want to register him then they can pay us some sort of fee

Comparing to Hoskins is all wrong, and I think possibly another bit of club misinformation. I think it's a fact that we did a deal to send him off to B'Muff without telling him and all credit to him for saying No ... it was a backward step but it could've got under Gus's skin. So why not take a loan out to Sheff U when Gus isn't going to play him here ... it was a way he could demonstrate that he was good enough to play in our team and I reckon that's good initiative .. supposition of course, but I'm not in the camp that believes 100% that comes out of the club

marshy68

Jul 10, 2011
Brighton
If this was last season I would be pissed, but we have plenty of cover. Getting bored of this Vicente saga now, if he plays great if not I couldn't give a toss any more.

Completely agree. It looks like he either doesnt want to play or cant play for whatever reason. He is a fantastic player been a privilage to watch him. But he is not BHAFC.

Adios Vicente.

marshy68

Jul 10, 2011
Brighton
Why does Andy Naylor feel the constant need to shit stir when it comes to Vicente? I dont see anything like the amount of commentry from him on Will Hoskins who has been immeasurably more sicknote.

Hoskins has had a knee injury, a hernia operation and a broken foot FFS

marshy68

Jul 10, 2011
Brighton
How many minutes has hoskins played for us? When he was finally fit, he swanned off on loan. Seems to have a bit of a bad attitude. Hoskins is the one who needs to be shown the door for me.

Swaned off on loan.... after the club tried to sell him clearly against his wishes to bournemouth.

perseus

Broad Blue & White stripe
Jul 5, 2003
Sūþseaxna
Captain Sparrow has got his number ??? Not quite yet !!!

JBizzle

Apr 18, 2010
Seaford
Sorry to jump in but I believe I'm right in saying nobody has even the faintest clue what the situation is with Vicente. The club say he's injured, surely thats speculation over on that front?

With regards to him and the Albion, I can guarantee that if he's fit again people will continue their worship of him where they left off at the end of last season. If he never gets fit enough and leaves in January or June then, in my opinion, its been a risk worth taking that didn't pay off.

ditchy

a man with a sound track record as a source of qua
Jul 8, 2003
brighton
Sorry to jump in but I believe I'm right in saying nobody has even the faintest clue what the situation is with Vicente. The club say he's injured, surely thats speculation over on that front?

The club also said that all those injured would be back in training when they meet up on monday !

JBizzle

Apr 18, 2010
Seaford

The club also said that all those injured would be back in training when they meet up on monday !

Haha! Good point! I just think the histrionics on here are very O.T.T sometimes...

k2bluesky

Sep 22, 2008
Brighton
I'm surprised people still talk about Hoskins as if they expect to see him again, I thought like Sparrow and Vincelot he had been written out of the clubs history.

Commander

NSC Patron
Apr 28, 2004
London

Icy Gull

Back on the rollercoaster
Jul 5, 2003
The club have not been very forthcoming on what is going on. I struggle to believe that Gus or Bloom will have a player on the books who is "swinging the lead" but the club don't help the situation when they only allude to injuries. Can't say I blame fans for being pissed off, it does APPEAR due to the lack of info that he is a classy Paul Kitson.

Seagull on the wing

Sep 22, 2010
Hailsham
Cannot deny the talent of vicente or hoskins.....committment is a different matter...do we cut our losses or hope for a return of the almighty

Lower West Stander

Mar 25, 2012
Back in Sussex
As has already been mentioned on here results were not brilliant when he was in the team. Unbelievable to watch when he turned it on but do we really need him now?

Genuine question.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here