Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Vicente Still Not in Full Training?

Commander

NSC Patron
Apr 28, 2004
London
This is EXACTLY the sort of thing people were saying last season. Then we all saw him play...

It's very frustrating but I'm sure the club knew they could afford him for another year and with that being the case i am prepared to wait on this one.

Yep. And what people seem to forget is that if Vicente was going to be able to play 40 games a season then he wouldn't be playing for us anyway.

Tony Meolas Loan Spell

Slut Faced Whores
Jul 15, 2004
Vamanos Pest
He has probably gone to spain for some more sunshine :)

BRIGHT ON Q

Jul 5, 2003
Yep. And what people seem to forget is that if Vicente was going to be able to play 40 games a season then he wouldn't be playing for us anyway.

That's just about it in a nutshell.

seagullsovergrimsby

#cpfctinpotclub
Aug 21, 2005
Crap Town
Why can't Ryan Harley be Andy Naylor's scapegoat ???

Gritt23

Jul 7, 2003
Meopham, Kent.

EXACTLY!

It's spells like this that we actually NEED, or the moment he plays half a dozen games and lights the place up, teams would be swooping straight in for him. It's because of this we've got him, and it's thanks to this that we avoid losing him.

Easy 10

Brain dead MUG SHEEP
Jul 5, 2003
Location Location
For me, this was the fear in the summer. I was surprised and delighted when it was (eventually) announced that he was staying for this season, and was cautiously optimistic when he returned to complete most of the pre-season training and appeared in the friendlies and at Swindon (abeit in a daft role up front). But this now seems to be playing out according to the concerns. He appears in a couple of games, then gets a mysterious injury, and is not seen again for months on end. Out of the squad for Hull, a reluctant 15 minute cameo v Cardiff, and that, once again, is that.

Yes its a tremendous bonus when he's fit, and no we don't rely on him. But I am starting to wonder if this is really all worth it, especially when you consider our results when he's been on the pitch. If his wage is taking up a serious chunk of the playing budget, then I think I'd like to see us call it quits, let him cop off back to Spain, and put that money towards a contract for another quality forward in January, rather than keep living in hope of seeing him for 10 games if we're lucky.

seagullsovergrimsby

#cpfctinpotclub
Aug 21, 2005
Crap Town
It wouldn't surprise me at all if Vicente signed for Elche in January for an undisclosed (nominal) fee. Both the player and the club will spin it as a win-win situation.

Thunder Bolt

Silly old bat
It wouldn't surprise me at all if Vicente signed for Elche in January for an undisclosed (nominal) fee. Both the player and the club will spin it as a win-win situation.

We've already had the win-win situation of Bruno signing for us. Would he have signed if Vicente hadn't already been here?

ewe2

Mar 14, 2008
Hailsham area
The man,when fit is a class act,of that I feel there is no dispute.I will also take at face value ,at the moment he is not fit.........the rest is just rumour and conjecture ,which is in itself is quite compelling. I just wish the club would give just a little more to us about him......or perhaps its none of our business,as fans.

pork pie

Dec 27, 2008
Pork pie land.
This is EXACTLY the sort of thing people were saying last season. Then we all saw him play...

It's very frustrating but I'm sure the club knew they could afford him for another year and with that being the case i am prepared to wait on this one.

Yes, this is now the second season of his pathetic "injury" bollox. The guy is pathetic - it is a good job that he does not play rugby! lol

Pavilionaire

Jul 7, 2003
There's an information gap. The injury that put him out in August should have cleared up a long time ago, and if it hasn't the medical staff need to make a new statement as to why not.

Blue Valkyrie

Not seen such Bravery!
Sep 1, 2012
Valhalla
The anti-vicente crew are going to LOVE this thread!!!

I'm going to play pub golf and down some drink each time one surfaces. Looking forward to getting VERY drunk :beer::beer::beer::beer::beer::beer::beer::beer:

Notters

Oct 20, 2003
Guiseley

Quite. Can't believe what poor memories people have.

Easy 10

Brain dead MUG SHEEP
Jul 5, 2003
Location Location
Its not a case of having a poor memory. What I saw of him last season was superbly entertaining (although resultwise not overly productive). Would I want to have to wait till around next March again before he makes another appearance ? If it was a choice between that, or releasing his wages back into the pot and bringing in a quality forward in January instead, I know what I'd pick.

Blue Valkyrie

Not seen such Bravery!
Sep 1, 2012
Valhalla
Its not a case of having a poor memory. What I saw of him last season was superbly entertaining (although resultwise not overly productive). Would I want to have to wait till around next March again before he makes another appearance ? If it was a choice between that, or releasing his wages back into the pot and bringing in a quality forward in January instead, I know what I'd pick.

I'd pick both myself, and if we are still in the mix by January, I'm sure it will happen :beer:

Tom Hark Preston Park

Will Post For Cash
Jul 6, 2003
Happy to wait for Vicente to regain match fitness if he gets it together just enough to turn in match-changing performances like he did last season.

CHAPPERS

DISCO SPENG
Jul 5, 2003

Exactly this.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here