Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Vicente not training with the rest of the squad.

BHAFC_AMEX

Feb 5, 2011
Mmmm yeh maybe - I have heard different but ya never know what's true. Either way everone needs to lay off the bloke - give it a little more time FFS people.

Exactly! At least someone agrees with me. As I said, we should be grateful that he has played for us once let alone 5 times. If his wage was anything ridiculous I think Gus would be a bit less patient with him. But he's not, he' giving him a bit of extra time to get back to 100%.

beefypigeon

Aug 14, 2008
I don't get the mentality really... A player being injured if anything there should be sympathy for him, instead Vicente is injured and everyone detests him and think the club are mental for signing him. Tommy Elphick... Is he a waste of wages? Buckley?

The Vicente deal is a win win situation whether he plays much or not. If he plays a handful of games he brings that national team class and can turn a game with a moment of genius. If he doesn't play he brings not only experience and knowledge of the game to the current first team and youth, but the signal the club sent out in being able to sign him in the first place is staggering, it shows we mean business and it shows how ambitious we are.

Yes it's frustrating etc etc - everyone wants to see him play. But people saying he should go back to Spain must have very little knowledge of football to say such a thing.

BHAFC_AMEX

Feb 5, 2011
i don't get the mentality really... A player being injured if anything there should be sympathy for him, instead vicente is injured and everyone detests him and think the club are mental for signing him. Tommy elphick... Is he a waste of wages? Buckley?

The vicente deal is a win win situation whether he plays much or not. If he plays a handful of games he brings that national team class and can turn a game with a moment of genius. If he doesn't play he brings not only experience and knowledge of the game to the current first team and youth, but the signal the club sent out in being able to sign him in the first place is staggering, it shows we mean business and it shows how ambitious we are.

Yes it's frustrating etc etc - everyone wants to see him play. But people saying he should go back to spain must have very little knowledge of football to say such a thing.

this

Couldn't Be Hyypia

We've come a long long way together
NSC Patron
Nov 12, 2006
Near Dorchester, Dorset
He had to splash the cash to sell season tickets. Buy big and the fans want some if the action and will buy tickets. Mr bloom has to keep the momentum up now as if he doesn't then season ticket sales could drop.

The latest in a long line of NSC cocks. Wind up or just plain ignorant - I don't care to hear from you again thanks. Ignore.

GBT25

Sep 28, 2011
I think you have to realise that if Vicente was fully fit, and able to maintain his fitness he would be playing in a league that is a level above us.

He is only 31 and clearly does have fitness issues hence why he joined a lower league team to try and get back to match fitness.

I think Gus took a flyer on Vicente and we should all get behind him and hope he gets back to being fit and playing a string of games for us in the New Year. I am sure he does not want to be in the sidelines.

Guinness Boy

Tofu eating wokerati
Helpful Moderator
NSC Patron
Jul 23, 2003
Up and Coming Sunny Portslade
I don't get the mentality really... A player being injured if anything there should be sympathy for him, instead Vicente is injured and everyone detests him and think the club are mental for signing him. Tommy Elphick... Is he a waste of wages? Buckley?

The Vicente deal is a win win situation whether he plays much or not. If he plays a handful of games he brings that national team class and can turn a game with a moment of genius. If he doesn't play he brings not only experience and knowledge of the game to the current first team and youth, but the signal the club sent out in being able to sign him in the first place is staggering, it shows we mean business and it shows how ambitious we are.

Yes it's frustrating etc etc - everyone wants to see him play. But people saying he should go back to Spain must have very little knowledge of football to say such a thing.

I agree entirely. Given that Mr Bloom is a poker player hardly a surprise that we've gambled on Vicente and I still think it's a measured gamble. We haven't gone all in on a 2, 7 unsuited - there's a good chance that Vicente will be an end of season impact player and we'll f*** everyone over on the river!

TWOCHOICEStom

Sep 22, 2007
Brighton
I can't see why everyone goes mental about this. Why rush him back? If he get's his fitness back in his own time and comes back as late as March I wouldn't care, when he does come back IF he's fit, he'd be absolutely astounding for us. The man is a genius with a football.

Biscuit

Native Creative
Jul 8, 2003
Brighton
Personally, I have a huge amount of respect for a player who picks football over wages, and make no mistake he could have gone else where and been on A LOT more.

Mellotron

I've asked for soup
Jul 2, 2008
Brighton
Personally, I have a huge amount of respect for a player who picks football over wages, and make no mistake he could have gone else where and been on A LOT more.

Agreed. Anyone who thinks he came to BRIGHTON for the MONEY is painfully thick as pigshit.

Bruntburger

Mar 9, 2009
Peacehaven
Vicente is the best player I've ever seen in an Albion shirt.

I'm grateful he's here and when he fit to play we will all be claiming he's the best signing ever!

Daffy Duck

Stop bloody moaning!
Nov 7, 2009
GOSBTS
Vicente is the best player I've ever seen in an Albion shirt.

I'm grateful he's here and when he fit to play we will all be claiming he's the best signing ever!

Well said, Bruntburger. Couldn't agree more.

It really pisses me off with some of the spiteful crap that people have put on here about the guy.
Show some respect, please.

And there was me thinking only women could be bitchy!!

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here