Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Vicente not training with the rest of the squad.

Jack Daniels

Aug 25, 2011
Buggers Hole
I wish I could play poker with all those slagging off vicente. No patience whatsoever. Fickle spoilt brats the lot of you. There is no need to rush vicente back. We are not in a relagation battle or struggling for wingers. We are chugging along nicely in the championship. We are well poised for a run at the playoffs. We have time on our side with vicente he not got an expiry date on him. A player of his quality can play in the championship into his late 30's. He has not played much football over the past couple of seasons and when he did it was at a slower pace than this. He simply needs to reach a diffrent level of fitness. IT DOESNT HAPPEN OVERNIGHT.

Anyone saying he should leave The Albion needs to f*** off back to the pub and whatch their premership teams again. We dont want you, Dont like you and dont need you. I am proud to wear Vicente 15 on the back of my home shirt. Its a big step up from Bear Barker whatever f***ing number he was. 12 i think. oh year you dont know what I am talking about

WHERE WERE YOU WHEN WE WERE REALLY SHIT.

GET A GRIP.

ps this thread was started by that knobjockey who never attends a game

Jim in the West

NSC Patron
Sep 13, 2003
Way out West
I wish I could play poker with all those slagging off vicente. No patience whatsoever. Fickle spoilt brats the lot of you. There is no need to rush vicente back. We are not in a relagation battle or struggling for wingers. We are chugging along nicely in the championship. We are well poised for a run at the playoffs. We have time on our side with vicente he not got an expiry date on him. A player of his quality can play in the championship into his late 30's. He has not played much football over the past couple of seasons and when he did it was at a slower pace than this. He simply needs to reach a diffrent level of fitness. IT DOESNT HAPPEN OVERNIGHT.

Anyone saying he should leave The Albion needs to f*** off back to the pub and whatch their premership teams again. We dont want you, Dont like you and dont need you. I am proud to wear Vicente 15 on the back of my home shirt. Its a big step up from Bear Barker whatever f***ing number he was. 12 i think. oh year you dont know what I am talking about

GET A GRIP.

Sensible post alert.....

Acker79

NSC Patron
Nov 15, 2008
Brighton
USELESS STAT ALERT:

Player Played Points per game
Vicente - 5 - 1
Buckley - 11 - 1.6
Hoskins - 6 - 1.3

That's not right. Firstly, you're including cup games in which points aren't available. Even so, the calculations are wrong.

Vicente
2 League Starts
2 League Subs
4 League Appearances
0 wins (0pts)
2 Draws (2pts)
2 Losses (0pts)
(plus one loss in the cup)

4 League appearances for 2 points = 0.5pts per game

Buckley
1 league start
8 league sub
9 league appearances
5 wins (15pts)
4 losses (0pts)
0 Draws (0pts)
(plus one of each in the cup for is other two appearances)

9 league appearances for 19 points = 1.7 points per league game

Hoskins
2 League Starts
4 League Subs
6 League Appearances
2 wins (6pts)
1 Draws (1pts)
2 Losses (0pts)
(no cup games)

6 League appearances for 7 points = 1.2pts per game

Last edited:

HP Seagull

Danny Cullip: Hero
Sep 26, 2008
Buckley
1 league start
8 league sub
9 league appearances
5 wins (15pts)
4 draws (4pts)
0 Losses (0pts)
(plus one of each in the cup for is other two appearances)

9 league appearances for 19 points = 2.11 points per league game

Could have sworn Buckley came on on Saturday, and we lost...

Gregory2Smith1

J'les aurai!
Sep 21, 2011
Auch
nobody really knows the situation here

many suspect vicente is taking the piss and ripping off bloom for a few quid

if he's still here next season and plays 20 odd games that would be great

wait & see job

dadams2k11

ID10T Error
Jun 24, 2011
Brighton
Don't really care about Vicente. It's like he was never here. Bullshit signing in the first place. :shrug:

OMG!!! Why do people slate the signing of Vicente? Gus took a punt with him and it as not paid of yet. How do you know that he wont be playing in the second half of the season and be unbelievable for us? I bet you were creaming it like the rest of us on here when we found out he had sign for us. I have seen so many negative post about Vicente from people but i would put my house on it that if he DOES come good for us all them people would be creaming it all over again.

Rant Over!!!

Twinkle Toes

Growing old disgracefully
Apr 4, 2008
Hoveside

wait & see job

I think your opening sentence explains why people are getting pissed-off. If folk actually knew what was going on with him (via the club), they might cut him some slack innit.

D

Deleted User X18H

I asked Gus yesterday specifically re the Vicente situation. I am sure it has now been widely reported how he responded. Personally I am sure we will all be delighted when our Spanish Superstar is back in the team.

Also got a nice quote from Liam Bridcutt re the City of Brighton & Hove.

Vegas Seagull

Jul 10, 2009
I asked Gus yesterday specifically re the Vicente situation. I am sure it has now been widely reported how he responded. Personally I am sure we will all be delighted when our Spanish Superstar is back in the team.

Also got a nice quote from Liam Bridcutt re the City of Brighton & Hove.

A post that deliberately says nothing : pointless

Lady Whistledown

NSC Patron
Jul 7, 2003

GET A GRIP.

I think I love you.

bhawoddy

Jan 25, 2011
What will be funny is when vicente pulls on the albion shirt in the new year, plays a blinder, and gets a standing ovation from the tossers on here who slated him just weeks before. Double standards or what!

MattBackHome

Jul 7, 2003
He looks great in wristbands too.

cVicenteBrighton_newshubdotbg.jpg

Silent Bob

( ͡° ͜ʖ ͡°)
Dec 6, 2004

wait & see job
Again, why would he have come here to take the piss. Compared to what he earned with Valencia what is a year at Brighton going to do for his bank balance, and what is it compared to what he could have got if he'd chosen to go to Liecester, or Blackburn? Or a move to a club in the Persian Gulf or China or somewhere tha he doubtless could have had if he'd wanted to?

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here