Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Tunnicliffe leaving on loan

The Wizard

Jul 2, 2009
which defender hasnt done that. At least Tunnicliffe has some composure on him and realises that in football a pass doesnt have to travel 50 yards in the air to no-one.

I think he is a great defender and not given a fair crack, as he always seemed to be dropped despite being better (well making less mistakes) than the Hoofatron Twins

I don't care about his passing, he is a DEFENDER and I can assure you at this moment Elphick and Virgo are miles, and miles ahead of him defensively.

Making less mistakes you say? lets go back through the games he played and see how many goals his positional sense cost us eh?

Last edited:

BensGrandad

Jul 13, 2003
Haywards Heath
I don't care about his passing, he is a DEFENDER and I can assure you at this moment Elphick and Virgo are miles, and miles ahead of him defensively.

Making less mistakes you say? less go back through the games he played and see how many goals his positional sense cost us eh?

I agree and it also appears that Gus doent want to use his long throw as a weapon.

Forster's Armband

Sep 23, 2008
London
I too believe Tunnicliffe and McNulty are of suffciant ability to do well at this level.........however Tunni has had very mixed displays this year and Jimmy Mac has also struggled at times. I have a feeling that Gus is going to get shot of one or two players this summer that will surpirse us. BUT he sees them day in and day out on the training pitch AND he knows what kind of player/squad he wants to put together. I don't know who will stay and who will go but if Gus want's to loan Tunni out then I trust him. Infact for some reason I trust Gus' judgement better than any manager since Coppell (I don't know why it's simply a hunch!) Further more I guess this shows that Painter is perhaps going to slot into the centre should Virgs or Tommy get injured. It's all very interesting but I think we will find that by August 2010 we will have a very different squad in terms of personnel and feel than we have now.

Box of Frogs

Zamoras Left Boot
Oct 8, 2003
Right here, right now
Not good enough for our team but seemingly good enough for a team pushing for the play-offs! :facepalm:

Forster's Armband

Sep 23, 2008
London
Not good enough for our team but seemingly good enough for a team pushing for the play-offs! :facepalm:

Things are not this black and white with our squad mate. It's clear that the combo of players has been a problem for some time. I have no inside knowledge but we have all be confused as to why a decent looking squad has struggled for a season and a half. I am not suggesting that Tunni is a problem I am just saying there could be more to it and the lad obviously wants first team football.

Rookie

Greetings
Feb 8, 2005
Strange one, loan to get games but they are above us so will he go straight into their team?

Couldn't Be Hyypia

We've come a long long way together
NSC Patron
Nov 12, 2006
Near Dorchester, Dorset
Happy with our settled Centre Back pairing (first game as a pairing was Wallsall - I'll take this over what we saw before Xmas):

Conceded:

Hudd 0 (draw)
Orient 1 (draw)
Millwall 1 (aberation - loss)
Stockport 1 (draw)
Wallsall 1 (won)

fleet

Jul 28, 2003
Not a shock. He is a decent player, but not part of the plan at this time. Squad has to be reduced to a manageable size, so logical to go on loan.

Finchley Seagull

Feb 25, 2004
North London
which defender hasnt done that. At least Tunnicliffe has some composure on him and realises that in football a pass doesnt have to travel 50 yards in the air to no-one.

I think he is a great defender and not given a fair crack, as he always seemed to be dropped despite being better (well making less mistakes) than the Hoofatron Twins

I would have agreed with you before our recent run, but we have looked a lot more solid with Virgo and Elphick at the back. Despite their lack of passing ability we have still managed to play some good football during those games.

With the reserves not playing and Tunnicliffe out of the team, loaning him out is probably the best solution. I think he will be a great player for us but needs to play first team football at the moment. We have enough defenders to cover him with the normal back four plus Hoyte, McNulty, El Abd and the forgotten Whing.

Bluejuice

Lazy as a rug on Valium
Sep 2, 2004
The free state of Kemp Town
On the plus side it is quite flattering that teams higher up than us are interested in our players. Have to hope it is ONLY a loan or that if he does go for good we make a tidy profit and have somebody fresh in to replace him

algie

The moaning of life
Jan 8, 2006
In rehab
It's on offical site now.

severnside gull

May 16, 2007
By the seaside in West Somerset
can't see it personally.............Dons have a fairly solid defense so my guess is he is going with a view to a transfer

Husty

Mooderator
Oct 18, 2008

Considering our new ball playing style I'm slightly miffed as to why he hasn't been given an opportunity in place of one of the two hoofers.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here