Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Tunnicliffe leaving on loan

Silverhatch

Feb 23, 2009
Preston Park
Defenders need to defend first and I think Gus is getting it through to Virgs and Elf that that's what they should do. That's also why Navarro plays - he can just sit in front of the two lead-footed ones and make sure they don't try to play. Jimmy Mac is great going forward but is he a better defensive left back than Painter? No!

El Abd is uncomplicated and wholehearted and I reckon Gus likes this as well.

Tunni needs to play and develop - so does Jimmy Mac so don't be surprised if he's allowed to get some games at another club.

El Presidente

The ONLY Gay in Brighton
Helpful Moderator
Jul 5, 2003
Pattknull med Haksprut
Of course it makes no difference. But then didn't stop a lot of posters pointing how much "bollocks" I was apparantly talking...

Richie OWNS a few on here at present.

Any chance of predicting that the dream I had involving Fiona Bruce, a nurse's outfit and a bucket of custard comes true too please Walt?

Ta

EP

x

seagullsovergrimsby

#cpfctinpotclub
Aug 21, 2005
Crap Town
I wonder if Tunny will be perfecting his long throws again ? If he is not in Gus's plans for next season we cant let him go without a fee.

KrustyKrab

Aug 6, 2009
I don't care about his passing, he is a DEFENDER and I can assure you at this moment Elphick and Virgo are miles, and miles ahead of him defensively.

Making less mistakes you say? lets go back through the games he played and see how many goals his positional sense cost us eh?

You clearly dont know modern day football then my friend. What we will see now is while he is on out on loan, yes virgo and elphick have been playing well and i agree with people on here that he does stand off, the thing is though you have to understand in a young footballers mind, they dont wanna be about the future, they want to be about now so itll only be good for the lad. Plus well see over the next month whatll happen, if we lose or continually draw and mk are doing well, thtll clearly say sumthin

The Wizard

Jul 2, 2009
You clearly dont know modern day football then my friend. What we will see now is while he is on out on loan, yes virgo and elphick have been playing well and i agree with people on here that he does stand off, the thing is though you have to understand in a young footballers mind, they dont wanna be about the future, they want to be about now so itll only be good for the lad. Plus well see over the next month whatll happen, if we lose or continually draw and mk are doing well, thtll clearly say sumthin

I clearly do understand modern football, DEFENDERS should be able to DEFEND, simple enough..

KrustyKrab

Aug 6, 2009
I clearly do understand modern football, DEFENDERS should be able to DEFEND, simple enough..

so your sayin tunnicliffe cant defend then? well thts utter shite in itself. like i say we will see what happens, at the end of the day draws arent good enough and thts all that is happening at the moment. cant wait to be able to prove you wrong on this one. the fact is i think tunnicliffe is better than both of them clowns who are playing now and so is jimmy mac, and as people are saying one bad game and theyre dropped.and someone else said, name the times tunnicliffe has made drastic mistakes. yes hes missed headers and blocks but that isnt as bad as passing it to another player UHUM VIRGO and gitfing them a goal UHUM El Abd and putting other players under pressure and play for yourself UHUM ELPHICK

The Wizard

Jul 2, 2009
so your sayin tunnicliffe cant defend then? well thts utter shite in itself. like i say we will see what happens, at the end of the day draws arent good enough and thts all that is happening at the moment. cant wait to be able to prove you wrong on this one. the fact is i think tunnicliffe is better than both of them clowns who are playing now and so is jimmy mac, and as people are saying one bad game and theyre dropped.and someone else said, name the times tunnicliffe has made drastic mistakes. yes hes missed headers and blocks but that isnt as bad as passing it to another player UHUM VIRGO and gitfing them a goal UHUM El Abd and putting other players under pressure and play for yourself UHUM ELPHICK

You sound like your getting desperate mate, you admit here that Tunnicliffe misses headers and blocks which have cost us goals (Look at the highlights), Virgo and Elphick don't do this, the fact you call them clowns is a joke as well considering when ever they play consistently we are solid defensively, this has been proved over the past 2 years.

I'd much rather have Virgo/Elphick at the back who can defend, than Tunnicliffe who doesn't do the basics of defending, poor marking, poor positional sense and he is scared to tackle people when players run at him, the passing points you make are irrelevant to me anyway, defenders don't need to be able to pass, that isn't their job.:glare:

WhingForPresident

NSC Patron
Feb 23, 2009
Marlborough
You sound like your getting desperate mate, you admit here that Tunnicliffe misses headers and blocks which have cost us goals (Look at the highlights), Virgo and Elphick don't do this, the fact you call them clowns is a joke as well considering when ever they play consistently we are solid defensively, this has been proved over the past 2 years.

I'd much rather have Virgo/Elphick at the back who can defend, than Tunnicliffe who doesn't do the basics of defending, poor marking, poor positional sense and he is scared to tackle people when players run at him, the passing points you make are irrelevant to me anyway, defenders don't need to be able to pass, that isn't their job.:glare:

:facepalm::facepalm:

The Wizard

Jul 2, 2009
Has Tunnicliffe f***ed your missus or summat? Seem to have a bit of a personal vendetta going on..

No vendetta mate, as I said earlier on, he has some potential as he is only 20/21 but I really don't agree with those people who seem to think he is the best thing since sliced bread, which on performances this season, he clearly is not. I especially do not agree with anyone suggesting Virgo/Elphick should be dropped and/or calling them 'donkeys'.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here