Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Tunnicliffe leaving on loan

DIFFBROOK

Really Up the Junction
Feb 3, 2005
Yorkshire
This is what Poyet has to say "He is joining a good club and we will make sure we keep an eye on his progress and performances while he is there. We will see how things go, but we may extend the deal until the end of the season - but he will be back with us this summer, getting ready for next season."

Read the last bit, hardly a sign that we dont want him. He is young, still learning the game.

He is not playing at the moment and he will come back (hopefully a better player) A win/win situation

WhingForPresident

NSC Patron
Feb 23, 2009
Marlborough
No vendetta mate, as I said earlier on, he has some potential as he is only 20/21 but I really don't agree with those people who seem to think he is the best thing since sliced bread, which on performances this season, he clearly is not. I especially do not agree with anyone suggesting Virgo/Elphick should be dropped and/or calling them 'donkeys'.

fairplay- i pretty much agree.
i reckon it'll do Tunni some good to go out on loan for a while, as long as he come back of course. He is a good player, but not as good as Virgo and Elphick We need some stability at the back if we are going to get anywhere.

supaseagull

Feb 19, 2004
The United Kingdom of Mile Oak
No vendetta mate, as I said earlier on, he has some potential as he is only 20/21 but I really don't agree with those people who seem to think he is the best thing since sliced bread, which on performances this season, he clearly is not. I especially do not agree with anyone suggesting Virgo/Elphick should be dropped and/or calling them 'donkeys'.

For what it's worth - I find myself agreeing with you on this one. I personally don't think that there's alot between Virgo, Elphick, El-Abd or Tunnicliffe.

All four have played well at times and all four have had howlers. But then if they didn't have howlers every now & then, none of them would be playing football for a relegation threatened league 1 team - instead they'd probably be playing for a team at a higher level. e.g. championship level.

Jul 5, 2003
Polegate
We're in a relegation battle - unless we have a similar injury crisis, then players that are 'ones for the future' aren't really of any use of us.

Unless, that is, we sign a player as 'one for the future' and then decide to fall out with a player in his position and drop another one for no reason. :jester:

mikes smalls

Dec 13, 2006
Isleworth
Tunnicliffe is a better footballer than Virgo and Elphick, by that I mean he can pass the ball to one of his team on the floor.
In the games I have seen his main problem is he doesn't get tight enough to his man.
Judging by some of the other teams in this division who are doing much better than us you don't need your centre backs to play much football. Inigo and Painter havemade a big difference to our distribution from the back.
I hope Tunnicliffe returns a better player.
I would like to see our centre backs be a bit nastier, surely Tarrico can teach them a few tricks,we never seem to rough up the opposition forwards. Look at the way Murray was bullied by Millwall.

Beach Hut

Brighton Bhuna Boy
Jul 5, 2003
Living In a Box
Our best central defender now out on loan, poor decision.

Keeping The Dream Alive.

Naming Rights
May 28, 2008
WSU
I've got an idea...

Why don't we send our 3rd best centreback, who is deservedly out of the side at the moment as Virgo and Elphick have been in good form, on loan for a month (Yes, thats one month. One) to a club in the same league as us where he can prove his ability at this level without having a detrimental effect on our relegation battle? While he is there he may learn to mark his man, jump to try and win headers and concentrate at all times. Attributes he lacks which people on here have ignored, partly because he's new, and partly because he's 'more stylish'. Bit like the Mcnulty situation really.

Oh, we have done? Well done Tunnicliffe and well done Gus. Good move for both parties.

Anyone who thinks he should be in the side at the moment probably has an agenda against Virgo or Elphick. Either that or they don't understand the importance of stability and the importance of playing your best players.

Thunder Bolt

Silly old bat
I've got an idea...

Why don't we send our 3rd best centreback, who is deservedly out of the side at the moment as Virgo and Elphick have been in good form, on loan for a month (Yes, thats one month. One) to a club in the same league as us where he can prove his ability at this level without having a detrimental effect on our relegation battle? While he is there he may learn to mark his man, jump to try and win headers and concentrate at all times. Attributes he lacks which people on here have ignored, partly because he's new, and partly because he's 'more stylish'. Bit like the Mcnulty situation really.

Oh, we have done? Well done Tunnicliffe and well done Gus. Good move for both parties.

Anyone who thinks he should be in the side at the moment probably has an agenda against Virgo or Elphick. Either that or they don't understand the importance of stability and the importance of playing your best players.

Couldn't have put it better myself.

Ninja Elephant

Doctor Elephant
Feb 16, 2009
What's the problem? El-Abd is the best defender at the club, and he's getting back to fitness. Tunnicliffe would be 4th choice at centre back anyway, so loaning him out makes perfect sense.

In the wacky world of Gustavo Poyet. :jester:

Beach Hut

Brighton Bhuna Boy
Jul 5, 2003
Living In a Box
On current form Virgo is by far the best central defender at the club.

Indeed let us praise him for his fantastic defending against Milwall

Finchley Seagull

Feb 25, 2004
North London
Indeed let us praise him for his fantastic defending against Milwall

Your obsession with Tunnicliffe is boring. Yes, Virgo made a mistake against Millwall. Other than that he was great in that game and has been since. I think he should have got man of the match midweek and was one of our best players against Orient. On your basis I assume you would drop Kuipers as he was at fault for Orient's goal.

Finchley Seagull

Feb 25, 2004
North London
I've got an idea...

Well put but way too much common sense for people on here. They would far rather break up the most solid defence we have had all season or keep a talented player as back up when he can get games elsewhere and improve.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here