Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Tunnicliffe leaving on loan

Ninja Elephant

Doctor Elephant
Feb 16, 2009
Elphick has been our best central defender all season, with the exception of the Huddersfield and Stockport matches early on. And no, I'm not being cryptic and trying to be funny. I think Elphick is the best central defender at the club. Tunnicliffe has fantastic potential, but I don't think he should be starting every game for us just yet and a loan move is wise for us. But to MK Dons, that's a bit odd. I wasn't expecting that.

He's got a big future here, no need to rush him just yet. Virgo is in the team on merit, though I thought Tunnicliffe was hard done by when originally replaced.

Barrel of Fun

Abort, retry, fail
What's the problem? El-Abd is the best defender at the club, and he's getting back to fitness. Tunnicliffe would be 4th choice at centre back anyway, so loaning him out makes perfect sense.

In the wacky world of Gustavo Poyet. :jester:

We've got cover at centre back and was El-Abd not our best defender in the period between Gus taking over and offering him a contract? Did he do much wrong? Didn't he perform rather well in an alien position?

Barrel of Fun

Abort, retry, fail
Indeed let us praise him for his fantastic defending against Milwall

It was one error in an otherwise faultless display. Most players will make at least one error per game. Our strikers seem to make countless errors, yet they are not generally as fatal. It was just one of those things.

Judging a player on that single moment, in one match, is callous and misleading.

algie

The moaning of life
Jan 8, 2006
In rehab

Father Jack

Aug 21, 2005
Poyet hinted last night at the fans forum in Burgess Hill that when a player doesn't play for 3 games the current loan system encourages them to ask for a move elsewhere via their agent whereas if there wasn't a loan system a player would have to fight for their place, i think Poyet was refering to Tunni, cox, Forster et al..

fleet

Jul 28, 2003
As far as I can see every decision has been spot on - including the Forster is not the centre of the world decision

Feb 14, 2010
As far as I can see every decision has been spot on - including the Forster is not the centre of the world decision

spot on. I hope he shows Forster the door at the end of the season. Duno who the bloke thinks he is, not even close to Ward, Case, Lawrenson, Gotsmanov or Zamora but the bloke thought he was the big I am. Fooking pleased Poyet faced him down

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here