Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Tunnicliffe leaving on loan

Barrel of Fun

Abort, retry, fail
There is bound to be hysteria over this move, but let's wait and see what happens.

We've been crying out for a settled partnership and we seem to have that in Elphick and Virgo and we have stopped leaking goals left, right and centre. Tunnicliffe needs games and we haven't had a reserve game this decade.

He might do well, he might not do well and he might not play that much up in Milton. If he plays well, then it can benefit us, particularly as they are playing Carlisle and Southend in the near future.

Perhaps he is unsettled and fancies a move away?

algie

The moaning of life
Jan 8, 2006
In rehab
As long as this is not with a view to a permanent move, as he looks to me like he could develop into a damn good player. We've got a settled back four now so (injury permitting) I'd ensdorse Gus sticking with it for the rest of the season, and if Tunnicliffe can pick up some vital experience at MK during that time then all well and good.

I want him back here competing for a place next season though.
And how often do players go out on loan to never return? I'm not talking about youth here either.

If Mk like him then i expect they would place a bid in the summer.

Pantani

Il Pirata
Dec 3, 2008
Newcastle
I always feel he lets strikers turn too easily, he needs to get tighter in most situations. However he is much more comfortable on the ball than Elphick or Virgo.

sydney

tinky ****in winky
Jul 11, 2003
town full of eejits
how can you ***** be so conradictory on such a continual basis..........someone has to be wrong , who is it...:US: is he a good young player with potential or is he a goon......come on then....???

Easy 10

Brain dead MUG SHEEP
Jul 5, 2003
Location Location
And how often do players go out on loan to never return? I'm not talking about youth here either.

If Mk like him then i expect they would place a bid in the summer.

Virgo and Jake, off the top of my head.
Didn't work out here for Jake in the long term, but it did both of them good. Keeps them match fit, gives them more experience of first team football, and we save a few bob on our wagebill.

The Wizard

Jul 2, 2009
how can you ***** be so conradictory on such a continual basis..........someone has to be wrong , who is it...:US: is he a good young player with potential or is he a goon......come on then....???

He is a good young player, obviously he is only 20 so has time to improve but I find his positional sense & marking extremely poor.

algie

The moaning of life
Jan 8, 2006
In rehab
Virgo and Jake, off the top of my head.
Didn't work out here for Jake in the long term, but it did both of them good. Keeps them match fit, gives them more experience of first team football, and we save a few bob on our wagebill.

Well i reckon he is part of Gus's clearout.He never got on the subs bench.I can see McNulty going the same way like Jake Wright.

sydney

tinky ****in winky
Jul 11, 2003
town full of eejits
fair enough , i was under the impression that he was a bright prospect. maybe he needs match practice or a bigger dose of ritalin.

Easy 10

Brain dead MUG SHEEP
Jul 5, 2003
Location Location
Well i reckon he is part of Gus's clearout.He never got on the subs bench.I can see McNulty going the same way like Jake Wright.

Maybe, maybe not. We really don't know whats in store this summer, but it would be a brutal cull indeed to get rid of the likes of McNulty and Tunnicliffe, who are decent players at this level.

If Gus is ditching players of that calibre, then he's setting some VERY high standards for himself when it comes to bringing in their replacements. Tonys chequebook will be looking very well thumbed come the end of August if he's backing him to that extent.

Superphil

Dismember
Jul 7, 2003
In a pile of football shirts
Perhaps he is unsettled and fancies a move away?

Might just be pissed off with the Albion, especially if he has ever strayed onto this site. He is after all one of the 25 or so Albion players this season who this season have been roundly lambasted as being utter shit by members of this very board. Makes you wonder if there are any Albion fans left on here, why are so many just desparate to see us fail?

Bald Gull

Jul 5, 2003
London
Does anyone know if we have an instant recall option in case of injuries to others?

severnside gull

May 16, 2007
By the seaside in West Somerset
he has the potential (yet to be realised) to become an excellent modern ball playing centre back in the Rio Ferdinand mould but needst to develop better positional sense and to learn that there is a crucial difference between languid and slow.

I would still play him ahead of Elphick but there you go...................

Re: "instant recall" - I believe that a loan player cannot be recalled in the first 28 days but if this one month loan was extended (as with Davies for example) the club can recall the player immediately if required

Last edited:

Easy 10

Brain dead MUG SHEEP
Jul 5, 2003
Location Location
Might just be pissed off with the Albion, especially if he has ever strayed onto this site. He is after all one of the 25 or so Albion players this season who this season have been roundly lambasted as being utter shit by members of this very board. Makes you wonder if there are any Albion fans left on here, why are so many just desparate to see us fail?

I seriously doubt that NSC has even the slightest smidgeon of influence with a player and his desire to stay at the club. I'd be surprised if more than a couple (outside of your old-school OGH's and Mayos) even bother venturing onto these pages.
Tunnicliffe has always had a good reception from fans at the game, in my experience. Thats where it matters.

Husty

Mooderator
Oct 18, 2008
think he is a very decent player with tons of potential, if he goes in the summer then i really hope Gus has some serious aces up his sleeve because we will struggle to replace players like him and mcnulty who are both good at this level.

Mendoza

NSC's Most Stalked
:lolol:

What a pile of shit, Tunnicliffe has been bad this season and cost us countless goals with his poor marking and poor positional sense.

which defender hasnt done that. At least Tunnicliffe has some composure on him and realises that in football a pass doesnt have to travel 50 yards in the air to no-one.

I think he is a great defender and not given a fair crack, as he always seemed to be dropped despite being better (well making less mistakes) than the Hoofatron Twins

BensGrandad

Jul 13, 2003
Haywards Heath
The only suprise is that he has been loaned to a top div 1 side would have thought a div 2 side challenging for promotion. The good side of it is that if he can prevent other sides around us in the league winning matches that will be a bonus for us. Hope he gains experience which doesnt cost us goals and that he comes back in a month revitalised. Do they want Forster as well!!.

Are you talking about Tunnicliffe or Wright? Because Tunnicliffe played against Torquay away in January and has been on the subs bench for every match since.

Last edited:

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here