Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Tunnicliffe leaving on loan

Finchley Seagull

Feb 25, 2004
North London
Within the next week.

After Virgo's COCK up I really am starting to question some of the sense of a few recent decisions.

So Virgo makes one mistake, having been sound other than that last week and played well yesterday, and you spend your time slagging him off for it. But why let facts get in the way of things. You have clearly heard something or made it up and now feel an opportunity arising to slag off Poyet, who apparently you "don't rate". What a pathetic way to behave. As has been said elsewhere in this thread, if Poyet doesn't regard Tunnicliffe as first choice (and at the moment I am inclined to agree with him as we have looked far more solid with Virgo and Elphick) then loaning him out can only be good for him. El Abd, Hoyte and McNulty are more than enough cover and I assume we would be able to recall him after the first month. As I said though, don't let the facts and common sense get in the way of an opportunity to slag off Poyet.

Mackenzie

Old Brightonian
Nov 7, 2003
East Wales
As long as we have a recall to cover for injuries, its obvious that at the moment Virgo and Elphick are the chosen two for the CB position, giving him match time is good for us.

Whether he should be first choice is a different argument, but I tend to go along with what the manager thinks as he sees them everyday.

KrustyKrab

Aug 6, 2009
I am not shooting any defenders down here but each of the centre halfs we have have their advantages. The majority of people on here are cmparing virgo and tunnicliffe. On the whole everyone is forgettin tunnicliffe is only 21 and i honestly think he will get far, he looks like a very good modern day footballer but i can agree that he stands of strikers too easily. Thats where virgo is different he gets stuck in, however he cannot play football he is just hoof hoof hoof. Anyway i would like to see where tunnicliffe will be soon enough as i think that these people saying he is shite (The Wizard), will more than likely be wrong. We will see...

Publius Ovidius

Jul 5, 2003
at home
two weeks on the trot comedy defending has cost us though. Virgo against Millwall and satdi, Elphic;'s back pass to Kuips at the very end where their goalkeeper made a howler as the ball was bouncing around the area like a baloon.

Sheebo

Jul 13, 2003
Poyet was a mad man as a player, he also seems to have brought those same traits through into his management. He will probably bring us success in his own quirky and weird way however recent decisions have been slightly baffling I.E. the lack of GOOD buys on deadline day, Forster, Carole's deal and now Tunnicliffe.

One can only assume he see's something in Colin Hawkins.

Do you realise that it is very hard to sign players attached to other clubs?! Poyet said he didn't want to bring people in for the sake of it. And just cos he didn't bring anyone in on deadline day that doesn't mean he hasn't done good business before the dealine (we signed 4 players). We will def stay up and then Poyet can build in the Summer - everyone needs to calm down :)

Rookie

Greetings
Feb 8, 2005
IF this is true would be surprised seeing as how we have 3 fit centre backs. If anyone was to leave on loan thought it might be McNulty to get some games/fitness/confidence as we have Painter and El-Abd coming back to fitness

hans kraay fan club

The voice of reason.
Helpful Moderator
Mar 16, 2005
Chandlers Ford
Richie is MATEY with Jimmy Mac, and his old man, innit. I'd not be at all surprised if the odd bit of talk leaked out. Doesn't mean it WILL happen, but nor does it mean Morris is simply making stuff up.

As you were...

tobemeister6

Jan 15, 2008
Stratford, London
Tunnicliffe on load to MK Dons???

Just seen on skysports news, that Tunni has joined the Dons on a months loan deal, surely with El-abd not yet match fit again this has got to be a slightly suspect decision with no other cover at centre half?

algie

The moaning of life
Jan 8, 2006
In rehab
Really don't understand this one unless Gus is lining up another loan player for us.

Barry Izbak

U.T.A.
Dec 7, 2005
Lancing By Sea
Very disappointing. Our best defender IMO.
I certainly haven't seen him make the mistakes any and all of the others have done.

Easy 10

Brain dead MUG SHEEP
Jul 5, 2003
Location Location
As long as this is not with a view to a permanent move, as he looks to me like he could develop into a damn good player. We've got a settled back four now so (injury permitting) I'd ensdorse Gus sticking with it for the rest of the season, and if Tunnicliffe can pick up some vital experience at MK during that time then all well and good.

I want him back here competing for a place next season though.

strings

Moving further North...
Feb 19, 2006
Barnsley
Not a bad decision if true. I really think Tunnicliffe is the future, but he isn't getting a look in at the moment. No harm loaning him out to keep him match fit. Painter can play at Centre Back, El Abd is fit again (alothough out of match practice) and McNulty is there or thereabouts too.

strings

Moving further North...
Feb 19, 2006
Barnsley
[edit] I put the same comment on two seperate thread, which have now been merged.

Last edited:

The Wizard

Jul 2, 2009
Very disappointing. Our best defender IMO.
I certainly haven't seen him make the mistakes any and all of the others have done.

:lolol:

What a pile of shit, Tunnicliffe has been bad this season and cost us countless goals with his poor marking and poor positional sense.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here