Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Tunnicliffe leaving on loan

West Hoathly Seagull

Honorary Ruffian
Aug 26, 2003
Sharpthorne/SW11
my thinking too

how come its the older fans who have the same pragmatic view

Perhaps it's because we've been watching the team for a few more years than others and get to know what makes a good all-round footballer. Not that I want to say that I know more than the younger fans about football; I don't, but I'm afraid that in a relegation battle you need experience, not potential. Last season proved that.

seagullsovergrimsby

#cpfctinpotclub
Aug 21, 2005
Crap Town
Tunny has a long throw , which has never been fully exploited. That alone could do serious damage.

KrustyKrab

Aug 6, 2009
Virgo cost us 1 goal last week. yes it was fatal but Tunnicliffe did it in every game that he played. He has great potential and perhaps a loan spell playing games will improve him.

ur a knob you! are u sure!, every game haha u make me laugh. all uve ever done is slate tunnicliffe since he joined the club, u lick the home grown players arses thats y

seagullsovergrimsby

#cpfctinpotclub
Aug 21, 2005
Crap Town
When a player is making mistakes and you notice them then they become more apparent whereas if they are playing well , their shortcomings get ignored to a certain extent.

Husty

Mooderator
Oct 18, 2008
Painter is a proven championship centerback is he not? Mcnulty back in at left back, doesnt really make any sense to me though.

Gritt23

Jul 7, 2003
Meopham, Kent.
I've been rather dismayed by his omission from the team, nut ship him out on loan, and I will start to worry about Poyet.

Uncle C

Jul 6, 2004
Bishops Stortford
ur a knob you! are u sure!, every game haha u make me laugh. all uve ever done is slate tunnicliffe since he joined the club, u lick the home grown players arses thats y

Any chance you could say that in English.

BensGrandad

Jul 13, 2003
Haywards Heath

A very articulate post:lol:

I will try to explain in simple English Tunnicliffe has tremendous potential but he is let down by his inexperience and is shown by the fact that on many occassions instead of attacking the ball and heading it clear he allows it to bounce thus giving the opponents strikers an extra chance to get the ball. If he went out on loan he would play more games and hopefully get used to attacking the ball lumped in to the box. If he fails it will not cost us a goal.
So to my mind a loan is a good idea.

DIFFBROOK

Really Up the Junction
Feb 3, 2005
Yorkshire
Well lets all wait and see shall we.

Tunni has potential, no doubt about it. But he needs games and loaning him out will get him games. If we need him (which I doubt cos we have so many players who can play at that position), then as a loan surely we can recall him. By playing regularly, Poyet will have his reports and if he is playing well, then he will come back a better player. Better for Tunni and better for the Albion.

Well done Gus for making a sound decision, rather than have a decent player who needs games and confidence rusting on the bench.

Other teams loan out players to nurture them, why not us.

And I'm with Bens Grandad, Tunni is not worth a 1st team place.............not yet.

Deportivo Seagull

I should coco
Jul 22, 2003
Mid Sussex
Having worked as a journalist for the last five years, I think 'wannabe' might be a bit strong.

Also, as I have said before, the blog on Brighton I was asked to do is meant to be purely on players and transfer speculation. Who we should sign, who should sell etc.

If you don't like it, don't read it.

Well start acting like one, don't you know it's naughty to pass off gossip as fact, especially when you've generated it.

Leave it in your blog and not on here

onthebeach

Jul 15, 2009
If this is true, I will be totally outraged.

I couldn't give a f*** who Poyet was as a player, if he see's it fit to send Tunni out on loan then he is losing the plot. Should be starting.

definately should be starting has great presence with his height and build and is a great defender. dont blame him going out on loan though his arse must be getting numb sitting on that bench all the time. go and get yaself a name tunni let gussy see what he is missing out on.

The Wizard

Jul 2, 2009
Good, he's been shite anyway, can't defend.

Have none of you Tunni fans noticed we have stopped conceding thousands of goals since he was dropped?

onthebeach

Jul 15, 2009
I offer you three words on the subject......"Jim Gannon Peterborough"

nope....... Bristol Rovers

See gannons peterborough got a win though yesterday eh. maybe a few of his ex players will be making a phone call or two soon. ...

Have to say, I thought Tunnicliffe has been quite poor this season, most notable the goal where he let the ball float over his head to Jermain Beckford against Leeds at home.

However, IF he goes out on loan that leaves us with El-Abd for cover or Painter if needed, it would seem a puzzling decision. The real confusing bit is why everyone want's to or is being shipped out after the bloody transfer window.

onthebeach

Jul 15, 2009
The real confusing bit is why everyone want's to or is being shipped out after the bloody transfer window.[/QUOTE]

maybe they wanted to before the transfer window but havent been allowed to.,,,:glare:

BensGrandad

Jul 13, 2003
Haywards Heath
An unlikely scenario I know but I would like to see us send Tunnicliffe out on loan for the rest of the season to play some games and then loan back Joel Lynch.

Mr Banana

Tedious chump
Aug 8, 2005
Standing in the way of control
Please let me put a £5,000 bet on this with you. This sort of shit is an uttter embarrassment. There is a chance he could leave on loan, but to say it's going to be this week, when there's no-one in for him at the moment (unless I'm missing something), is ridiculous. Journalism is about facts, not conjecture.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here