Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Today we were relegated, now F*CK OFF Mcghee

Icy Gull

Back on the rollercoaster
Jul 5, 2003
Goring Gull said:
Balls, He loved it here and was Pushed out by DK wanting to get a yes man in charge, Coppell wanted to be his own man and told DK rightly to fcuk off out of team affairs to which Dick "The Ego" Knight decided was best to shop him off.

Well that's the first time I've heard that take on it. Did you just make that up to suit your argument, or is there any truth to it? If so how come you know it when most obviously don't?

I understood that DK would rather take the 200k than put up with Coppell not commiting himself long term.

Last edited:

bhaexpress

Jul 7, 2003
Kent
I have from somebody inside the club that Goring is inebriated.

BUTTERBALL

East Stand Brighton Boyz
Jul 31, 2003
location location
I spoke to Mark McGhee at the raceday and he intends to hang around as long as the club want him to see through the job with the promising youngsters.

Best club news i've had for ages! :clap2:

Kinky Gerbil

Im The Scatman
NSC Patron
Jul 16, 2003
hassocks
BUTTERBALL said:
I spoke to Mark McGhee at the raceday and he intends to hang around as long as the club want him to see through the job with the promising youngsters.

Best club news i've had for ages! :clap2:
uncrontrolled joy

Tony Meolas Loan Spell

Slut Faced Whores
Jul 15, 2004
Vamanos Pest
Pop Quiz: Which CURRENT first team player at a recent sponsors dinner said that they love the city but wish Brighton had a professional team as they do not do much training...

fosters headband

Aug 15, 2003
Brighton
One question for the MM outers.
Do you think that Dick Knight and the board performed well this season in providing the required finances to stay in the championship?
Or was the manager hung out to dry?

ROSM

Dec 26, 2005
Just far enough away from LDC
Once again we hear the 'DK would rather take the compensation than keep Coppell' Argument.

As has been covered many time on here before, is an alterntive view:

- Coppell didn't want to manage the albion initially. he missed two interviews and kept Knight waiting to agree a third.

- 13 games in. Knight gets rid of Hinshelwood. Coppell is now consultant and Swindon and fancies the job.

- Coppell comes to end of season.

- We go down. Coppell cannot make his mind up to stay. After 4 weeks of thinking, he agrees a deal.

- We do well (very well in fact) and Reading enquire of his agent is he is available. he agrees to speak to them and his agent meets with reading twice before official approaches are made to the Albion.

- The club let him speak to reading. Coppell says he cannot make up his mind (although the agent by now is already talking terms).

- he goes to DK and expects an offer of more money (to match the reading offer) still no guarantees he will stay. With no guarantees, DK is unwilling to make that offer.

- Reading offer a compensation package and the Albion accept.

- Coppell joins reading.

Now ask yourself this question. You have a wife. She through friends, is seeing someone else behind your back and making plans to run off with them. When they come and see you to buy them a sportscar (with no guarantee that they wont run off with the next spanish waiter who comes their way), what do you do?

Schrödinger's Toad

Nie dla Idiotów
Jan 21, 2004
fosters headband said:
One question for the MM outers.
Do you think that Dick Knight and the board performed well this season in providing the required finances to stay in the championship?

Yes. Unfortunately, the money was poorly spent.

PILTDOWN MAN

NSC Patron
Sep 15, 2004
Hurst Green
BUTTERBALL said:
ffs change the record. McGhee is doing his best. If we had managed to get players like Lupoli or Barnard (down to bad luck) we would not have struggled so much.

I hope he sticks around to take us back up next season.
#
if he's doing his best then he aint good enough. f**k off

PILTDOWN MAN

NSC Patron
Sep 15, 2004
Hurst Green
London Irish said:
Try it yourself, you're a bright lad, allegedly. My guess is that in the lottery pitch conditions, he wanted to stiffen up the flanks defensively. Of course that one move cost us the game, didn't it?

stiffen the flanks in a game we had to f**king win. Doughnut. Get out of MM arse. Face the facts again the guy has shown he does not have a clue tatically

Kent Seagull

Jul 5, 2003
Tenterden, Kent
God there's some bollocks in this thread! As far as yesterday is concerned, the result could easily gone either way in the atrocious conditions. Both sides had chances when they could have won it, the game was a complete lottery, especially in the second half. The only thing McGhee did that baffled me was bringing Seb on so late in the game. Aside from that I think the tactics were pretty sound against a good footballing side. Luton are no mugs and I think that at any other time a draw would have been seen as a good result. It's just unfortunate that we really needed to win to have any hope of survival.

I really take exception to posters on here, who obviously didn't attend the match, questioning the players commitment. From where I was sitting I thought that some of the tackles flying in were bloody brave in the conditions. That pitch was getting quite dangerous in the 2nd half yet no-one shirked or lacked commitment on a surface that must have been incredibly energy sapping.

I can't accept that the inevitable relegation is all MM's fault either. The likes of Adams, Taylor and Coppell all left to manage clubs with decent playing budgets, MM has battled on with the lowest playing budget in the division when others would have walked away. Sure, he's not the greatest manager in the world and, like most managers, he does things that baffle the fans. However he must have a reason for some of his strange substitutions, unfortunately us fans are not privvy to a lot of the info he bases his decisions on. At the moment I still believe that MM is probably as good a manager as we can afford and I do think that he should take some credit for some of the other things that go on at the club such as the fantastic youth development. I still believe that the team will run out at Falmer in 3 years time with a fantastic young team and that long term success will follow. Despite the current doom and gloom there are some great days to come. Following Albion is always a rollercoaster, you can't have the highs without the lows, after this season we're due to be on the up again, I for one am looking forward to it!

If we end up at the Wembley play off final next year MM will be the greatest thing since sliced bread. I for one am prepared to let him have a good go at getting us there. If we don't make a decent start next season then I reserve the right to change my mind, but until then I will get right behind him and the team.

PILTDOWN MAN

NSC Patron
Sep 15, 2004
Hurst Green
London Irish said:
One who has had bad injury problems in the last couple of months and who has looked tired recently. One whose talents were probably not suited to that lottery of a pitch.

Any more?

The best talent ( Mr Peter Ward) was at his best on wet muddy pitches. he used to take defences apart. Carole is, skill wise not that different. Temperant wise maybe but that is the skill of a manager to get the best out of your players. Sadly lacking with MM.

Bromley shrimp

Aug 24, 2003
Beckenham, Kent
PILTDOWN MAN said:
stiffen the flanks in a game we had to f**king win. Doughnut. Get out of MM arse. Face the facts again the guy has shown he does not have a clue tatically

LI is an articulate poster, who unfortunately doesn't know when to stop digging when in a hole, judging from his posts after this ridiculous assessment of yesterday's substitutions.

He is rapidly turning into the MM propaganda machine, but worse now appears to actually believe his own spin on things. This afternoon I did start to wonder if it was a wind-up, but his intimate knowledge of situations tells me his an ardent if nieve and increasingly arrogant fan, as his gift for his way with words, he probably realises, is disarming to a lot of people.

dougdeep

May 9, 2004
SUNNY SEAFORD
Kent Seagull said:
God there's some bollocks in this thread!

Well look who started it, the original armchair fan. I bet he wouldn't recognise half the players if he met them in the street.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here