Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Today we were relegated, now F*CK OFF Mcghee

El Presidente

The ONLY Gay in Brighton
Helpful Moderator
Jul 5, 2003
Pattknull med Haksprut
Compared to the side that was relegated in 2003, this is a very poor team.

No Cullip, Ingmarrson, Zamora, Cullip, Blackwell, Rogers, Kitson (when occasionally fit)

That was a half decent team, but still managed to go down despite not being in the bottom 3 with half a dozen games to go.

Goring Gull

Jul 5, 2003
Huddersfield
El Presidente said:
Compared to the side that was relegated in 2003, this is a very poor team.

No Cullip, Ingmarrson, Zamora, Cullip, Blackwell, Rogers, Kitson (when occasionally fit)

That was a half decent team, but still managed to go down despite not being in the bottom 3 with half a dozen games to go.

Thats was DK's bloody fault that season with his appointment of hinshlewood as boss - if we'd had Coppell from the start we wouldn't have gone down that season.

Finchley Seagull

Feb 25, 2004
North London
Repugnant Toad said:
I disagree.

It appears to me that the majority want McGhee out, but if you're waiting for the whole of Withdean to be rocking with chants to that effect, you'll be waiting a while. Brighton home crowds are quiet enough at the best of times, why would that change now?

I come across far more anti-McGhee fans than pro- ones.

If so many supporters wanted McGhee out there would be a certain amount of chanting etc especially after games. The simple fact is there isn't any.

Now why is this? I think it is because most people are realistic about our finances and situation and accept that there was a good chance of relegation at the start of the season. We could not have asked any more of the players than they gave yesterday.

McGhee is building a young side which could be very good as early as next season. If we were to sign Noel Williams and a couple of others I see no reason why we should not be at least in the play offs. If by Christmas we are struggling again then maybe it is time to question Mark McGhee's position. Not while we are not on a level playing field in terms of resources.

Kinky Gerbil

Im The Scatman
NSC Patron
Jul 16, 2003
hassocks
Finchley Seagull said:
If so many supporters wanted McGhee out there would be a certain amount of chanting etc especially after games. The simple fact is there isn't any.

Now why is this? I think it is because most people are realistic about our finances and situation and accept that there was a good chance of relegation at the start of the season. We could not have asked any more of the players than they gave yesterday.

McGhee is building a young side which could be very good as early as next season. If we were to sign Noel Williams and a couple of others I see no reason why we should not be at least in the play offs. If by Christmas we are struggling again then maybe it is time to question Mark McGhee's position. Not while we are not on a level playing field in terms of resources.

Or maybe people get behind the teams at games? How many chants of hinsh out was there? not many.

Goring Gull

Jul 5, 2003
Huddersfield
as on another post i put

I tell you mate, too many of these frigging Left wingers protesting against LDC, Nimbys and the like. All to ready to get dressed up in their activist gear and holler around the town about how unjust the world is and how BHA are crucified but you don't hear a peep out of the feckers at the withdean once we are a goal down.

bhaexpress

Jul 7, 2003
Kent
Goring Gull said:
as on another post i put

I tell you mate, too many of these frigging Left wingers protesting against LDC, Nimbys and the like. All to ready to get dressed up in their activist gear and holler around the town about how unjust the world is and how BHA are crucified but you don't hear a peep out of the feckers at the withdean once we are a goal down.

Friggin left wingers ? What's that about then ? Nobody's politics have any bearing on the general dislike of LDC and NIMBYs in general.

Were you hungover when you posted this ?

bhaexpress

Jul 7, 2003
Kent
Goring Gull said:
Did have a few Orangebooms last night but nothing excessive.

Its just that your previous post seems to have been made out of a need to lash out in frustration and it didn't make a whole lot of sense, positively Looneyesque in fact.

dwayne

Jul 5, 2003
London
Caveman said:
:clap:

- But he doesn't go to many of the games so he wouldn't know.

huh, Ive been to about a 3rd of games this season, I think that entitles me to a say!

MCGHEE OUT

bhaexpress

Jul 7, 2003
Kent
dwayne said:
huh, Ive been to about a 3rd of games this season, I think that entitles me to a say!

MCGHEE OUT

But you'd say it anyway wouldn't you ?

Schrödinger's Toad

Nie dla Idiotów
Jan 21, 2004
Finchley Seagull said:
If so many supporters wanted McGhee out there would be a certain amount of chanting etc especially after games.

Now why is this?

I can only assume then that all the people who argue they McGhee out in the pubs, on the way to the game, at work etc. suddenly change their minds as soon as they enter the ground, then revert to form once they leave.

Hmm. I reckon my idea's a fraction more plausible.

As Kinky says, we lost 10 in a row under Hinshelwood and there was no such chanting - only general murmurings of discontent. Exactly as there are now. Face it, the majority of Brighton fans just aren't very vocal.

Last edited:

El Presidente

The ONLY Gay in Brighton
Helpful Moderator
Jul 5, 2003
Pattknull med Haksprut
Goring Gull said:
Thats was DK's bloody fault that season with his appointment of hinshlewood as boss - if we'd had Coppell from the start we wouldn't have gone down that season.

Coppell turned us down at before the season started as he was hoping for a better offer, when nothing arrived he then came to us

Rougvie

Rising Damp
Aug 29, 2003
Hove, f***ing ACTUALLY.
The big fear I have is now Apathy, especially for next season.

McGhee has taken us down with a side that has showed limited fight, whether that it to do with quality I am not sure, but I have seen enough of certain players to make me think that they could be doing better, they certainly started the season better so I am not quite sure what the excuse is.

People wont shout loudly for McGhee's head until we are catagorically down, but there was enough rumblings of discontent yesterday in the North Stand to indicate that a good few will think long and hard of another season of uninspiring football before renewing and that will hurt the club when we have to get the chequebook out in the summer.

I think DK is backed into a corner over McGhee, the smart money seems to be that the board are erring on the side of wanting to get rid of him, but DK will do that over his dead body, I think undoubtedly DK will get his own way, but we need a boost to start next season with, that I cannot see us being able to afford which is going to leave McGhee treading eggshells early doors, it doesnt bode well for the flying start we will need.

Icy Gull

Back on the rollercoaster
Jul 5, 2003
Yoda said:
Yes it was. DK could have said NO to another club for once in his life where our managers have been concerned.

And in all probability SC would have left at the end of his contract, quite possibly having got us promoted leaving us managerless again. He made quite clear he wasn't convinced about Falmer if I remember rightly and would have been poached by another club with no 200k coming our way, lest you forget we needed that money at the time. These are things our farsighted Chairman would have taken into account when most of us wouldn't.

In the re-writing of Albion history Coppell is now the Messiah. What he has done at Reading bears no relevance to what he would have done with us imo and he made no bones about wanting to pit his wits at the highest level and said as much when he left. He had no chance of doing that, with us within the forseeable future, so would have left anyway.

Last edited:

Goring Gull

Jul 5, 2003
Huddersfield
Icy Gull said:
And in all probability SC would have left at the end of his contract, quite possibly having got us promoted leaving us managerless again. He made quite clear he wasn't convinced about Falmer if I remember rightly and would have been poached by another club with no 200k coming our way, lest you forget we needed that money at the time. These are things our farsighted Chairman would have taken into account when most of us wouldn't.

In the re-writing of Albion history Coppell is now the Messiah. What he has done at Reading bears no relevance to what he would have done with us imo and he made no bones about wanting to pit his wits at the highest level and said as much when he left. He had no chance of doing that, with us within the forseeable future, so would have left anyway.

Balls, He loved it here and was Pushed out by DK wanting to get a yes man in charge, Coppell wanted to be his own man and told DK rightly to fcuk off out of team affairs to which Dick "The Ego" Knight decided was best to shop him off.

Last edited:

woodster

Jul 18, 2003
Coppell DID NOT WANT TO LEAVE!

He could have stayed, certain individuals for their reasons wanted otherwise.

And I am not so sure it was due to DK wanting to stick his nose in to team affairs.

It is in the past now, but I believe we could have been lucky to still have Coppell even now.

Goring Gull

Jul 5, 2003
Huddersfield
woodster said:
Coppell DID NOT WANT TO LEAVE!

He could have stayed, certain individuals for their reasons wanted otherwise.

And I am not so sure it was due to DK wanting to stick his nose in to team affairs.

It is in the past now, but I believe we could have been lucky to still have Coppell even now.

As for selling Zamora :angry: he needs his arse kicked for that whats a million quid these days in football????? Also Spurs stitched us up over that one.

If the money was used for Falmer then where the hell are the bulldozers????

Poor Coppell. He must be rueing the day he was ever forced out of this club. I wonder if it features in the biggest regrets of his career?

Kinky Gerbil

Im The Scatman
NSC Patron
Jul 16, 2003
hassocks
Goring Gull said:
As for selling Zamora :angry: he needs his arse kicked for that whats a million quid these days in football????? Also Spurs stitched us up over that one.

If the money was used for Falmer then where the hell are the bulldozers????
Bull - Brighton stitched themselfs up

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here