Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Today we were relegated, now F*CK OFF Mcghee

Kent Seagull

Jul 5, 2003
Tenterden, Kent
dougdeep said:
Well look who started it, the original armchair fan. I bet he wouldn't recognise half the players if he met them in the street.

That's why I don't comment on games I haven't been to. Anyone who wasn't at yesterdays game couldn't possibly appreciate the appalling pitch conditions. There was never going to be a decent game on that pitch yesterday and it's really not fair to blame anyone for the result. We could have easily fluked a win, as could Luton. The game was a lottery, it's just a shame that the game we needed so badly to win had to be played in such bad conditions.

If we really must blame someone, how about the stay at home fans who could go and contribute to the clubs coffers but can't be arsed? Success costs money, as does empty seats. So because I've only been to a handful of games this year, I guess it's all my fault, sorry folks!

dwayne

Jul 5, 2003
London
dougdeep said:
Well look who started it, the original armchair fan. I bet he wouldn't recognise half the players if he met them in the street.

and Ive been to a 3rd of games this season....hardly an armchair fan...but carry on...

Last edited:

dwayne

Jul 5, 2003
London
Kent Seagull said:
That's why I don't comment on games I haven't been to. Anyone who wasn't at yesterdays game couldn't possibly appreciate the appalling pitch conditions. There was never going to be a decent game on that pitch yesterday and it's really not fair to blame anyone for the result. We could have easily fluked a win, as could Luton. The game was a lottery, it's just a shame that the game we needed so badly to win had to be played in such bad conditions.

If we really must blame someone, how about the stay at home fans who could go and contribute to the clubs coffers but can't be arsed? Success costs money, as does empty seats. So because I've only been to a handful of games this year, I guess it's all my fault, sorry folks!

I don't give a shit about yesterdays performance etc etc Mcghee f***ed it up well before then, but you've got to say that after yesterdays results all hope of staying up went out the window. Time for the slate to be cleaned and for Mcgoo to go!

bhaexpress

Jul 7, 2003
Kent
dwayne said:
I don't give a shit about yesterdays performance etc etc Mcghee f***ed it up well before then, but you've got to say that after yesterdays results all hope of staying up went out the window. Time for the slate to be cleaned and for Mcgoo to go!

Are you trying to challenge Master 1066 for the 'Attention seeker of the year' award ?

Pavilionaire

Jul 7, 2003
Coppell is probably the best manager we've had in recent times, and had he managed all of his first season in charge we might just have survived.

Taylor didn't fancy our chances of survival and baled out, ditto Adams who did bugger all with Cov before they had settled into their brand new stadium.

Therefore, McGhee's achievement of keeping us up last year in the most severe financial situation we have endured in the last 5 years is pretty impressive, but he needs to show he can rebuild this side.

The remainder of the old team - Kuipers, Mayo, Hart, Oatway and Chippy - are on the wane.

Somewhere between Adam's men and the Hinsh/Wilkins youth team McGhee needs to find his players who will play for him. I don't get any sense of belief from the team, or understanding. Something has to change.

bhaexpress said:
Are you trying to challenge Master 1066 for the 'Attention seeker of the year' award ?

To be fair, it was his title before 1066 and Kev appeared.

The Large One

Who's Next?
Jul 7, 2003
97.2FM
Pavilionaire said:
Somewhere between Adam's men and the Hinsh/Wilkins youth team McGhee needs to find his players who will play for him. I don't get any sense of belief from the team, or understanding. Something has to change.
Yep, there are too many 'followers' rather than leaders.

Personally, and especially after what we have all experienced as Brighton fans, I am disappointed about this season, but not distraught. Similarly, if we go down, for me that is not a good enough reason enough for McGhee to be sacked, which he won't be, nor to resign, which I believe he probably won't.

PILTDOWN MAN said:
The best talent ( Mr Peter Ward) was at his best on wet muddy pitches. he used to take defences apart. Carole is, skill wise not that different. Temperant wise maybe but that is the skill of a manager to get the best out of your players. Sadly lacking with MM.

An interesting comparison, but Peter Ward was also dropped by Mullery plenty times. It can happen with even our best players in certain circumstances. Carole has done well for us this season and is still way out in front in assists.

Bromley shrimp said:
his gift for his way with words, he probably realises, is disarming to a lot of people.

Gee thanks :blush:

Repugnant Toad said:
Yes. Unfortunately, the money was poorly spent.
On Turienzo, which came through a Dick Knight associate.

What else did we spend badly on?

Henderson? Frutos? Dodd? Carole? CKR? Loft?

dwayne

Jul 5, 2003
London
The Large One said:
Wasn't it the case that the money spent on Turienzo was the same money which also got us Carole and Frutos? :shrug:

two fancy players, with no end product,who will get kicked off the park in league 1, great.:glare:

Schrödinger's Toad

Nie dla Idiotów
Jan 21, 2004
London Irish said:
On Turienzo, which came through a Dick Knight associate.

What else did we spend badly on?

Henderson? Frutos? Dodd? Carole? CKR? Loft?

Seven signings, one defender - the need for a left-back was obvious since Harding, Jones and Watson left, and was a greater need than more strikers or wingers. As has been shown with how exposed we've been there this year.

bhaexpress

Jul 7, 2003
Kent
dwayne said:
two fancy players, with no end product,who will get kicked off the park in league 1, great.:glare:

I see that the clocks going forward yesterday hasn't done a lot for your demeanour :lolol:

Deportivo Seagull

I should coco
Jul 22, 2003
Mid Sussex
London Irish said:
An interesting measure of your jaundice towards McGhee, I don't think even your fellow McGhee outers would back you up on that one, Gatting looked lively and creative and had some good touches when he came on. CKR has a curate's egg of a game, some good things, some disappointing things.

I'm not in the 'McGhee out brigade', but that's just bollox's.

Jul 24, 2003
Newbury, Berkshire.
Goring Gull said:
Hat eto say it but i said the other side of christmas Mghee would take us down - and i'm being proved right as at the time it got flamed for it - should've listened then. If we'd kept Coppell we'd be looking forward to a place in the premiership now.

Dk useless goon and as for McGhee.

DK saviour of the club what a load of bollox today his indecision and blind faith has now seen us relegated.

That post is the biggest load of crap, & a complete distortion of the truth.

Coppell got us relegated too, or have you forgotten.

Madejski has bankrolled Reading to the tune of tens of millions of pounds for over 16 years, he's been there since long before DK came on the scene. If we'd had that kind of chairman 16 years ago then yes, we might be in the Premiership now, but we had Archer, Stanley & Bellotti instead.

Rougvie

Rising Damp
Aug 29, 2003
Hove, f***ing ACTUALLY.
dwayne said:

I very much doubt Carole will want League 1 football.

ditchy

a man with a sound track record as a source of qua
Jul 8, 2003
brighton
portlock seagull said:
On a positive, we get to start planning for next season now ahead of all the other teams in League 1. But only if we start reorganising now.

NOT REALLY AS I THINK THERE WILL BE A FEW MID TABLE TEAMS ALREADY DOING THAT IN LEAGUE ONE

Uncle Buck

Ghost Writer
Jul 7, 2003
Rougvie said:
I very much doubt Carole will want League 1 football.

Not sure anyone will come in for Carole, he has bags of skill but his crossing is not great, which would explain why neither West Ham nor Southampton wanted him. Frutos has a decent final ball on him, but does have a habit of going missing in games.

John Crumplin has left Ringmer, get him down here once a week to coach them on how to cross balls.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here