Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Today we were relegated, now F*CK OFF Mcghee

Rougvie said:
Cant see it, it probably wouldnt fit into McGhee's one day a week training regime.

You're the source of this, aren't you? :lolol:

Uncle Buck said:
Steve, Steve, Steve, at no point have I said they only train once a week, so stop making things up.

There, there...

But you said you wanted stuff made up, and hence I gave it to you?

What's the problem? :)

Gerbil

Nsc's most loved
Jul 6, 2003
Stalking Hayley
London Irish said:
But you said you wanted stuff made up, and hence I gave it to you?

What's the problem? :)

You already did that on the "Henderson" thread when you went on about keepers angling their hands and it being a skill :dunce: :dunce: :dunce:

Repugnant Toad said:
Seven signings, one defender - the need for a left-back was obvious since Harding, Jones and Watson left, and was a greater need than more strikers or wingers. As has been shown with how exposed we've been there this year.

So it wasn't the signings he made, but the signings he didn't make? Fair enough, but then we move on to a discussion about his budget to bring in players of Championship calibre - Dan Harding cost £850k remember?

We did sign Jason Dodd, who could have resolved our left-back crisis, but there you go, you clearly blame McGhee for his injuries.

It's incredible to me that you still belittle our need for a striker when you watched GNW totally transform our attacking play a few days ago ???

gerbil said:
You already did that on the "Henderson" thread when you went on about keepers angling their hands and it being a skill :dunce: :dunce: :dunce:

You don't think it is a skill for keepers to push shots for corners rather than straight out to the opposing forward? It's just pure luck where the ball goes after a keeper saves it then? :dunce: :dunce: :dunce:

Last edited:

Gerbil

Nsc's most loved
Jul 6, 2003
Stalking Hayley
London Irish said:
You don't think it is a skill for keepers to push shots for corners rather than straight out to the opposing forward? It's just pure luck where the ball bounces then? :dunce: :dunce: :dunce:

It is something that any keeper worth his salt should be doing as a matter of routine.
It is NOT something that a professional keeper should need training on.
Unfortunately it looks like Henderson does as he seems to parry shots to opposing forwards with alarming regularity.
FFS my boy is 11 and he doesn't have to be told to push the ball around the post and he's NEVER had any training on "angling his hands" :dunce:

Last edited:

Kinky Gerbil

Im The Scatman
NSC Patron
Jul 16, 2003
hassocks
Perry Milkins said:
No I am just bloody sensitive to you picking at the carcass of a very depressing situation that beholds us as Brighton fans when you are not one of us. Just why do you bother when there is no doubt rich pickings to be had being part of the gloryhunter express that is North London's second team.

There are numerous farcical, crass and comical postings here but the vast majority are from Brighton fans which I can live with and I duly ignore them.

Yes we did speak although reading the tone of your message it comes across as though you took me into a corner and warned me about my future behavious. Was that how you saw it?

I bear no malice to you but really get uptight at your smug 'I know so much better than you type postings' which laughingly try and pour scorn on other postings.

That is all.

Thanks

:) :)

My " I know so much better than you postings??" quite....

So the fact i have been to about 2/3s of games this year home and away means I have no say?

And If by warning you mean drunkenly talking to you, yeah well i guess thats a warning and a half :jester:

gerbil said:
Unfortunately it looks like Henderson does as he seems to parry shots to opposing forwards with alarming regularity.

So after all your blather, you are actually AGREEING with the point I originally made then? :dunce: :dunce: :dunce:

Gerbil

Nsc's most loved
Jul 6, 2003
Stalking Hayley
London Irish said:
So after all your blather, you are actually AGREEING with the point I originally made then? :dunce: :dunce: :dunce:

I wouldn't agree with you if you told me today was Monday.

If you read the whole post instead of dissecting it to quote me and make yourself seem clever you'll realise that I was taking the piss.
I'll explain it shall I?
My boy is 11 and doesn't need the made up training you mentioned but Henderson is a pro and he does.
I'm thinking this angling of the fingers you refer to is an egg chasing thing and you've got your sports mixed up mate :dunce: :dunce: :dunce:

gerbil said:
I wouldn't agree with you if you told me today was Monday.

If you read the whole post instead of dissecting it to quote me and make yourself seem clever you'll realise that I was taking the piss.
I'll explain it shall I?
My boy is 11 and doesn't need the made up training you mentioned but Henderson is a pro and he does.
I'm thinking this angling of the fingers you refer to is an egg chasing thing and you've got your sports mixed up mate :dunce: :dunce: :dunce:

OK, walk me through this. What does a goalkeeper do with his hands if he wants to push the ball to the side rather than to the front? :)

Last edited:

Tooting Gull

Jul 5, 2003
One of the things I miss about the 'old' NSC is when you could choose a one-off name for a particular issue or thread.

I'd have chosen 'Bob Wilson' for a contribution on the 'angled hands' debate. Not that he'd have known the answer, the old duffer.

Gerbil

Nsc's most loved
Jul 6, 2003
Stalking Hayley
London Irish said:
OK, walk me through this. What does a goalkeeper do with his hands if he wants to push the ball to the side rather than to the front? :)

Well obviously he has special training doesn't he? :rolleyes:

I'll wait until he gets in from.....wait for it........goalkeeping training and I'll ask him.

Rest assured you'll be the first to know :thumbsup:

Last edited:

gerbil said:
Well obviously he has special training doesn't he? :rolleyes:

I'll wait until he gets in from.....wait for it........goalkeeping training and I'll ask him.

Rest assured you'll be the first to know :thumbsup:

Good stuff :thumbsup:

TSB

Captain Hindsight
Jul 7, 2003
Lansdowne Place, Hove
Definitely McGhee's fault that the pitch was so wet henderson couldnt handle it and it bounced off the bloke and into the net...he should have been able to change time and stop it going in........

The fact is that we were clearly the better side and should have won it but slipped up defensively ONCE second half and they punished us.

Gifton was good and looks to be a GOOD signing by McGhee but he performed a miracle last year and hasn't been able to repeat it again. A real shame but we'll be back, make no bones about that.

E

enigma

I think ]its too late to stay up now. I hope that GNW will sign permanently in the summer, although it would appear unlikely.

McGhee has made some mistakes, he is only human after all. But he face an incredibly difficult season after Harding and Virgo left in the summer. The money he had doesnt go far at this level, and while Turienzo has so far been a mistake, Frutos, Carole and Henderson make up for this. I would give McGhee at least until Xmas this year, where unless we are struggling in League 1, I wouldnt get rid of him.

I still fail to understand the argument that we will somehow become the new Rotherham next year. I wouldnt bet on us going up automatically but I think anywhere between mid table and the play-offs is realistic.

We have some very promising young players and I can see them doing well in the division below. El-Abd, Hinsh, CKR etc would get in most teams in that division.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here