Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Today we were relegated, now F*CK OFF Mcghee

Publius Ovidius

Jul 5, 2003
at home
34064 Fighter Command said:
That post is the biggest load of crap, & a complete distortion of the truth.

Coppell got us relegated too, or have you forgotten.

Really....how many points were we adrift when he took over? I more look at it as we went down in spite of the effort Coppell put in. We went down on the last day of the season with results going against us I seem to recall.

That comment is very disingenuous to SC

Uncle Spielberg

Jul 6, 2003
Lancing
It is becoming clear that Coppell could well beat the finest manager BHAFC have EVER had at the club.

Just to remind people we were on 4 points from 12 games when we took over. We ended up with 45 points which is 41 points from 34 games.

Coppell changed us from a team rock bottom to a mid table side in his time.

Infact in the last 23 games that season we would have been 9th.

Rougvie

Rising Damp
Aug 29, 2003
Hove, f***ing ACTUALLY.
Uncle Buck said:
John Crumplin has left Ringmer, get him down here once a week to coach them on how to cross balls.

Cant see it, it probably wouldnt fit into McGhee's one day a week training regime.

Tony Meolas Loan Spell

Slut Faced Whores
Jul 15, 2004
Vamanos Pest
Uncle Buck said:
Is that running and weights?

f*** me I wish. One of the current players said recently that Brighton is a lovely city, got a mice pad by the marina, good squad of players, its just a shame that they dont have a professional football club.

Obviously did things differently in Monaco.

Uncle Buck

Ghost Writer
Jul 7, 2003
Tony Meolas Loan Spell said:
f*** me I wish. One of the current players said recently that Brighton is a lovely city, got a mice pad by the marina, good squad of players, its just a shame that they dont have a professional football club.

Obviously did things differently in Monaco.

Well I am sure those with alledged inside knowledge will let us know the exact training programme and McGhee's bowel movement, either that or make it up.

Icy Gull

Back on the rollercoaster
Jul 5, 2003
Uncle Spielberg said:
It is becoming clear that Coppell could well beat the finest manager BHAFC have EVER had at the club.

Just to remind people we were on 4 points from 12 games when we took over. We ended up with 45 points which is 41 points from 34 games.

Coppell changed us from a team rock bottom to a mid table side in his time.

Infact in the last 23 games that season we would have been 9th.

Explain how we managed to get out of the bottom 3 a few weeks before the end of the season, only to slip back into it again then??? Surely a manager of such quality should have kept us out of trouble from that position?

Clue - not beating teams around us

Coppell is/was a fine manager but he failed as MM appears to have done this season....please stop suggesting Coppell did a better job, he didn't, he just happened to inherit a striker who knew where the goal was. THAT imo was the reason we won a few games more than we have been able to this season.

Last edited:

Dies Irae said:
Really....how many points were we adrift when he took over? I more look at it as we went down in spite of the effort Coppell put in. We went down on the last day of the season with results going against us I seem to recall.

That comment is very disingenuous to SC

disingenuous perhaps, but factually accurate.

And, admirer as I am of SC, he didn't exactlyappear to committ himself to BHA. I seem to recall a lot of faffing around trying to get him to committ over the summer. He only took us becaue we were a better job than Brentford FFS.

However, hats off to what he has achieved at Reading with a recognisable structure a s a fotball club behoinmd him.

Tom Bombadil

Jul 14, 2003
Jibrovia
Icy Gull said:
Explain how we managed to get out of the bottom 3 a few weeks before the end of the season, only to slip back into it again then??? Surely a manager of such quality should have kept us out of trouble from that position?

Clue - not beating teams around us

Coppell is/was a fine manager but he failed as MM appears to have done this season....please stop suggesting Coppell did a better job, he didn't, he just happened to inherit a striker who knew where the goal was. THAT imo was the reason we won a few games more than we have been able to this season.

Coppell did a bit more than just show Zamora where the goal is.

He bought in Ingamarsson, Blackwell, Rodgers among others who greatly improved the quality of the team. He changed the formation to minimise the weaknesses of the players we had and he put some belief back in the squad.

Pavilionaire

Jul 7, 2003
Coppell did a great job while he was here.

The reason we went down was not because of him but because Hinshelwood was out of his depth and we started the season with only 1 striker. We also got bugger all points from the teams around us as well.

Full marks to Madjeski for hiring Coppell.

Jul 24, 2003
Newbury, Berkshire.
Coppell's record for the games he was in charge in the 2002 -2003 season is as follows :

Played 35, won 10, drawn 11, lost 14.

I just don't see how everyone can think he did that well for us.

Yes it may be better than McGhee's record, but it certainly doesn't compare well to Adams or Taylor.

Kinky Gerbil

Im The Scatman
NSC Patron
Jul 16, 2003
hassocks
34064 Fighter Command said:
Coppell's record for the games he was in charge in the 2002 -2003 season is as follows :

Played 35, won 10, drawn 11, lost 14.

I just don't see how everyone can think he did that well for us.

Yes it may be better than McGhee's record, but it certainly doesn't compare well to Adams or Taylor.

Admas and Taylor where in a lower league.

Jul 24, 2003
Newbury, Berkshire.
Pavilionaire said:
Coppell did a great job while he was here.

The reason we went down was not because of him but because Hinshelwood was out of his depth and we started the season with only 1 striker. We also got bugger all points from the teams around us as well.

Full marks to Madjeski for hiring Coppell.

Disagree, in my opinion he only did an ' average ' job.

A great job would have been to get us mid-table or higher.

Parson Henry

Jan 6, 2004
Victor Bhanerjee's notebook
Kinky Gerbils said:
You clearly have an anti me thing dispite my talking to you about it.

No I am just bloody sensitive to you picking at the carcass of a very depressing situation that beholds us as Brighton fans when you are not one of us. Just why do you bother when there is no doubt rich pickings to be had being part of the gloryhunter express that is North London's second team.

There are numerous farcical, crass and comical postings here but the vast majority are from Brighton fans which I can live with and I duly ignore them.

Yes we did speak although reading the tone of your message it comes across as though you took me into a corner and warned me about my future behavious. Was that how you saw it?

I bear no malice to you but really get uptight at your smug 'I know so much better than you type postings' which laughingly try and pour scorn on other postings.

That is all.

Thanks

:) :)

Uncle Buck said:
Well I am sure those with alledged inside knowledge will let us know the exact training programme and McGhee's bowel movement, either that or make it up.

Yeah, OK, just for you Bucky, we apparently only train one day a week :lolol: :lolol:

Is that made up enough? :lol:

Last edited:

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here