• No - feels too pricey, TV for me

Votes: 174 37.3%
  • No - price is fair but can't make it

Votes: 36 7.7%

• Total voters

mejonaNO12 aka riskit

Dec 4, 2003
England
I just can't justify £30+ quid when the game is on TV and its the most expensive time of year. If I could I would.

Pretty gutted but, again, the TV coverage will MASSIVLY soothe the pain....and be warmer...and cheaper...and mean I can drink whilst watching the game...

Foolg

Apr 23, 2007
Nope.
Would've loved too, but £30 just for a ticket is far too much money for me. Shame, as I can very rarely afford to go to games at the moment.

WhingForPresident

NSC Patron
Feb 23, 2009
Marlborough
Kills me living in such a shitty location and only getting to 10 or so games a season, mostly away games. I just cannot justify spending £6 on the bus to MK, £15 on taxi from MK (buses stop running at 7pm ???) £50 on the train, £35 on the ticket and whatever on food and drinks living on a students budget very often. Considering I'm budgeting myself £80 a week living costs, it doesn't really add up.

Thank Christ I'm graduating soon..

This isn't a moan about the prices by the way. Much as I'd like to have seen a student price-level at the Amex, it wouldn't make much different to costs considering it'd still be well over £100 for me and the club obviously don't need to sell reduced price tickets, I understand that. I just want to f***ing watch my team :cry:

severnside gull

May 16, 2007
By the seaside in West Somerset
The only thing that will mean anything is what the actual attendance is on the day... only then will the club know whether or not it's pricing policy has worked.

that was my thinking whilst there is also justification for suggesting that those with strong opinions are most likely to participate in a poll which by virtue of the subject cannot really avoid emphasising the negative viewpoint

It isnt a criticism so much as an observation. NSC is certainly the most representative opinion available but that doesnt always mean a poll is going to represent the general viewpoint. I tend to think it succeeds best in that respect where a debate/dialogue takes place rather than a yes/no response which is more representative of a soundbite approach and has much to do with the club's apparent distrust of the medium albeit that has improvrd greatly under Barber..

Last edited:

Meade's Ball

Jul 7, 2003
Hither (sometimes Thither)
I ticked feels too pricey tv for me but really i am not going because i have little interest in attending FA cup games even against the bigger teams, and an early afternoon in front of the tv will suit me just fine for it. I'm not a glamourtieaholic.

In terms of the cost, it seems the sort that invites many a first-time visitor to the ground and game. Someone could take their kid to a big enough game like this and enjoy the experience, even as a Christmas present. I don't think it's an extortionate price. Just not perfect for everyone.

Captain Sensible

Jul 8, 2003
Not the real one
There should have been a discount for ST holders that you pay the same amount as you would for a league match with your ST, plus booking fee of course. If it was £25 in the east upper with £2 booking, ok I'd pay that. But £37 +£2fee sorry that's just too much. I don't see why I should pay more than a league match. The clubs match by match tickets are way too much and hopefully Barber will have egg on his face with an attendance of around 18k.

kevo

Mar 8, 2008
If they charged an average of just £20 per ticket and the game sold out, that would generate £550,000 (20x27500) in ticket revenue.

If they charged an average of £30 per ticket, an attendance of 18,000 would generate just £540,000. They would also lose out on the revenue generated by 9,500 extra fans spending money at the game (buying merchandise and programmes etc) and the opporunity to attract some more new fans who wouldn't normally visit the Amex.

I'm sure there are all kind of economic models about this and what the ideal ticket pricing structure should be, but I would have thought it would be in the club's interest to keep it on the low side.

Acker79

NSC Patron
Nov 15, 2008
Brighton
If they charged an average of just £20 per ticket and the game sold out, that would generate £550,000 (20x27500) in ticket revenue.

If they charged an average of £30 per ticket, an attendance of 18,000 would generate just £540,000. They would also lose out on the revenue generated by 9,500 extra fans spending money at the game (buying merchandise and programmes etc) and the opporunity to attract some more new fans who wouldn't normally visit the Amex.

I'm sure there are all kind of economic models about this and what the ideal ticket pricing structure should be, but I would have thought it would be in the club's interest to keep it on the low side.

If they sell 18,334 tickets at £30 they make £550,020. Given our lowest home attendance this season is over 23,400 (v Peterborough), this is a game v a premier league team that will be seen as beatable, and will perhaps be a christmas present for many people, I'd be surprised if attendance is below 19,000. I'd probably be surprised if it was below 20,000.

Let's also not forget that ticket prices have to be agreed with both clubs, it isn't just an Albion decision.

kevo

Mar 8, 2008
Given our lowest home attendance this season is over 23,400 (v Peterborough).
But the official attendance for league games includes non-attending season ticket holders.

The Sock of Poskett

The best is yet to come (spoiler alert)
Jun 12, 2009
I shall try to go and if I do I may even bring a little foil covered cardboard cut out of the cup.

Has to be done. Mind you, I chucked my one from last year sadly following the Anfield experience :(

We are going, in our usual North Stand seats, and paying the kind of price we'd expect against Premier League opposition. Looking forward to it.
I'd be surprised if the crowd isn't 20k+

Acker79

NSC Patron
Nov 15, 2008
Brighton
But the official attendance for league games includes non-attending season ticket holders.

And non attending individual ticket buyers. Season ticket holders aren't the only one's not to show. And even so, I doubt that's over 3000 non-attending season ticket holders.

It was also the lowest away attendance (under 250). Newcastle fans will see it as a winnable game, and perhaps a good weekend away.

It really would be a surprise to me for it to be less than 20,000 (no doubt including non-attendees).

AZ Gull

@SeagullsAcademy Threads: @bhafcacademy
Oct 14, 2003
Chandler, AZ
He has ALWAYS said the FA Cup is special, ALWAYS. The League Cup and JPT are 'lower' priorities. Stop being a cock for once.

That simply isn't true. He made significant changes to the team in the earlier rounds of the FA Cup in both the previous seasons (Woking and FCUM in 2010-11 and Wrexham in 2011-12).

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here