Votes: 174 37.3%
  • No - price is fair but can't make it

Votes: 36 7.7%

• Total voters

Curious Orange

Punxsatawney Phil
Jul 5, 2003
On NSC for over two decades...
I've decided not to go, but is has nothing to do with the price, I just can't be bothered to traipse down to Brighton for a lunchtime kick off when the match is being shown on proper telly. I'm getting fed up with a our games forever getting shifted to be honest.

countryman

Jun 28, 2011
I shall try to go and if I do I may even bring a little foil covered cardboard cut out of the cup.

Green Cross Code Man

Wunt be druv
Mar 30, 2006
Eastbourne
Unless I come into some money unexpectedly I won't be going and neither will my two boys. Simply can't afford it. Gutted as I couldn't afford the last Newcastle match either. That's life.

Giraffe

VERY part time moderator
Helpful Moderator
NSC Patron
Aug 8, 2005
As it's free with my 1901 seat then it would be rude not to :clap:

withdeanwombat

Feb 17, 2005
Somersetshire
I bloody love the FA cup,and if it hadn't been on telly I'd have been there.

But it would cost me in excess of £100 when I can watch it for virtually nothing at home,which trumps 4 hours each way on the cheapest(stopping) train,and forcing down 8 pints of Harveys.

Gazwag

5 millionth post poster
Mar 4, 2004
Bexhill-on-Sea
Yep the 3 of us will be there as normal and besides its on ITV :facepalm: so happy to be there and not at home watching it on TV

Acker79

NSC Patron
Nov 15, 2008
Brighton
I'm not sure yet. I'm not offended by the price, it is only a couple of quid more than last season, as far as I remember, so it was pretty expected. Sure, I would be more inclined if it was cheaper, but price isn't the deal breaker, I'm just not sure how excited I am by it.

Last edited:

Giraffe

VERY part time moderator
Helpful Moderator
NSC Patron
Aug 8, 2005
does a poll on here mean anything?

loud voices - small minorities

Your point is valid in that it is only a representation of opinion.

HOWEVER it is the biggest representation of Albion support there is. The official supporters club has a paltry 300 members and does not actively recruit new ones.

North Stand Chat has 16,344 members, 6,558 of whom are active on here and post. That is a big enough representation of support. The biggest that you can get for our football club without the club itself carrying out a survey of it's database.

Also previous arguments that NSC only represent the young have been shot to pieces. All ages now have access to the internet and the NSC membership covers all of these ages.

A NSC poll therefore has an awful lot of value.

Giraffe

VERY part time moderator
Helpful Moderator
NSC Patron
Aug 8, 2005
But you have to be certain that NSC is representative of the Albion support at large, and I'm not sure that it is.

See post above. You have a point but it is certainly a lot more representative than any other group you could canvass.

Mr Burns

Aug 25, 2003
Springfield
Absolutely I'm going ! , , when did they ever promise season ticket holders that they would get cup games cheaper ?
They didn't . But I think season tickets holders are rightly pissed off being asked to pay a lot more than they do for a league game.

And after Swindon, why should we think Gus will treat this cup any different to the other one.

£37 plus booking fee, for a match that we don't know for sure the manager will treat seriously, together with our current record at the Amex, I think the club are pushing it a little.

Springal

Feb 12, 2005
GOSBTS
And after Swindon, why should we think Gus will treat this cup any different to the other one.

He has ALWAYS said the FA Cup is special, ALWAYS. The League Cup and JPT are 'lower' priorities. Stop being a cock for once.

Simster

"the man's an arse"
Jul 7, 2003
Surrey
See post above. You have a point but it is certainly a lot more representative than any other group you could canvass.
I'm not sure about that. There are very few kids on here (although some posts would suggest otherwise), and I imagine the elderly are unrepresented on NSC. You can also throw in football fans rather than Albion fans who won't be here but make up a significant number of the Amex crowd. Plus you have to remember that the sample that is NSC is "contaminated" with people who aren't BHA supporters.

I'm not saying NSC is of no value, just that it is not truly representative from a "statistical significance" viewpoint.

Guinness Boy

Tofu eating wokerati
Helpful Moderator
NSC Patron
Jul 23, 2003
Up and Coming Sunny Portslade
Not going. Overpriced and on at a ridiculous time. I've cleared the decks for the early Sunday Palace kick off but I'm not spending £32 and cancelling kids swimming that I've paid for upfront when the game's on telly.

perseus

Broad Blue & White stripe
Jul 5, 2003
Sūþseaxna
Maybe, it depends. If Vicente was in the team, I would go. It might be the last chance to see him.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here