Votes: 36 7.7%

• Total voters

sully

Dunscouting
Jul 7, 2003
Worthing
Not going for two reasons:
- Can't afford it
- Wife's birthday, so I wasn't allowed in the first place!

Luckily, being on TV, I'm sure I'll get to see it.

My seat will be taken (as will my wife's) by family members.

D

Deleted member 22389

"a shame?" yes, "embarassing? maybe to you, "depressing?" get real!

Embarrassing yes because some people on hear take the piss out of the crowds at Palace. Depressing yes, when everyone keeps moaning it's put everyone else on a downer. It's a human reaction.

Embarrasing yes because some people on hear are taking the piss out of the crowds at palace. Depressing yes, when everyone keeps moaning it's put everyone else on a downer. It's a human reaction.

two questions, Have you ever been depressed, I mean really depressed? (actually don't answer that, it's a personal issue) secondly, who started all these shit threads about how we get a couple of thousand more than Palace? perhaps a low crowd might at least stop that.

D

Deleted member 22389

Yes I have actually. After my father passed away with bi-polar disorder myself and my mum where left to pick up the pieces. I ended up suffering from depression, anxiety myself. I was out of work for a few months with it as well. It was horrible. I couldn't do anything.

D

Deleted member 22389

So yes I know what it means even though you asked me not to answer it.

Yes I have actually. After my father passed away with bi-polar disorder myself and my mum where left to pick up the pieces. I ended up suffering from depression, anxiety myself. I was out of work for a few months with it as well. It was horrible. I couldn't do anything.

right, let's stop this now. I'm sorry to read this news and I hope you are feeling better, enjoy the match

dookieno8

Aug 20, 2012

not my place...

Blue Valkyrie

Not seen such Bravery!
Sep 1, 2012
Valhalla
Will decide after New Year, if there's any tickets left.

We are playing Newcastle live on national TV. Going to look really embarrassing if 4,000 - 5,000 people don't show and we only get a crowd of 18,000 - 19,000. Fingers crossed these tickets will be taken up with people who never had the opportunity to get to the Amex. Shame there is so much negativity about the price. Bit depressing if I am going to be honest with you. Not the expected reaction to playing a premiership team. I thought people would be going mad for tickets.

No, embarrassing is when you've told your daughter when she's 8 that she's too small to wear make up and then she stands next to a dwarf in Tesco shouting "she's wearing make up and I'm bigger than her" Now that's embarrassing.

les dynam

Oct 10, 2008
Hove
This game will sell out, easily. I presume Newcastle will bring 3,000 in the away end plus more in the home bits (once tickets go on general sale), and we'll shift the rest - loads of occasionals will fill the seats of any ST holders not going. I know loads of people, who don't go every match, who intend to get tickets for this. It's a massive match... home to Newcastle in the cup! Can't wait.

D

Deleted member 22389

right, let's stop this now. I'm sorry to read this news and I hope you are feeling better, enjoy the match

I agree. The thing with my dad happened a few years back now. We will enjoy the match, whether watching it on TV or at the match. I hope that people who have never been get the opportunity to grab a ticket just to get the attendance up. More noise, the 12th man and all the other observations.

Brighton Breezy

Jul 5, 2003
Sussex
I pressed yes by accident 'cos phone screen too small for my thumb.

I won't be going.

Also, was told by a club official (who may have been wrong) that Newcastle did not take up full allocation offered last year so are unlikely to take up increased offering this time with such an early start for 12.30 kick off.

Mo Gosfield

Aug 11, 2010
This game will sell out, easily. I presume Newcastle will bring 3,000 in the away end plus more in the home bits (once tickets go on general sale), and we'll shift the rest - loads of occasionals will fill the seats of any ST holders not going. I know loads of people, who don't go every match, who intend to get tickets for this. It's a massive match... home to Newcastle in the cup! Can't wait.

So you are confidently predicting 27,000. This is hugely optimistic given the general disenchantment with pricing/television/ko time/time of year etc.

drew

Drew
Oct 3, 2006
Burgess Hill
Sorry, but where did I say the club said that?

So what have I got to explain?

Don't always try and be a smart arse for the sake of it. Take a day of once in a while.

All I said was, IMO they should hold prices for a 3rd Round cup tie, in line with what season tickets pay for a league game. If they choose to rise it to non season ticket prices for general sale, then fine, but charging premium price to season ticket holders, for a 3rd round FA Cup game that the manager played a weaken side last year, that is live on TV, straight after Christmas, against a side we played 12 months ago, is a mistake IMO. Very sorry if you don't like that opinion, but frankly I dont care.

Firstly, I'll take a day off (that's 'off' not of') when I choose rather than when one of the biggest whinging posters on here tells me.

As for the comments, I didn't ask you to explain anything the club said so not sure what your first comment is about. All I did was point out that club have done nothing that they haven't done in the past. We all know that season ticket holders get a discounted price for their seat but, unlike previously, for the last two season we have had the added bonus of paying by DD over 12 months. I will again make the point that, as far as I can recall, the club have never discounted cup tickets just to season ticket holders. All of a sudden, when it appears trendy to do so, loads are slagging off the club. Whether the club should have discounted prices to everyone will only be judged when we know the actual gate on the day.

Mellotron

I've asked for soup
Jul 2, 2008
Brighton
Am I missing something. I sit in WSU and its 32 quid, similar price I've paid to watch us at Pompey, west ham and Ipswich to name but a few so didn't even register as 'too pricey'. Charlton on saturday is 30 quid too.

What's the issue? Appreciate times are hard in January for a lot of people but this isn't the clubs fault. You don't find things like train fares or food shopping being made cheaper in January so I don't expect the Albion to suddenly become a charity either.

Not having a pop at people who say they simply can't afford but that's about your finances not the clubs.

Are you a STH?

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here