Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

The 'special' player

albionite

May 20, 2009
The special player IS Lansbury and will cost MORE than CMS, providing terms are agreed. Watch this space... There appears to be no truth apart from sightings of Woodgate at the AMEX (ala Michael Owen) however, despite there being no evidence, what with Gus's Tottenham contacts and all, it is certainly not outside the realms of possibility. I think we really need to get in a left back at cover, with Danny Blanchett being touted as a possible option and with Ben Sampanyo (spelling ?) who appears to be "alright" we should be fine at right back, especially with Tanno's apparent quality, summed up in the Portsmouth game.

It really is exciting times at the moment, yet we still need 5 more signings in my opinion. A Left Back, Centre Back, Garvan, Lansbury and Lua Lua and we shall have a truly special first team squad. Imagine, let's say a starting eleven of....
Ankergren
Calderon Woodgate Greer Painter
Bridcutt
Buckley Lansbury Lua Lua
Bergkamp CMS
Subs:
Brezhnev
El-Abd
Sampayo
Dicker
Sparrow
Noone
Hoskins
MARVELOUS SCENES!!!

Is Bergkamp going to start? I would expect Hoskins to be in the starting eleven?

Magic Sponge

Jun 17, 2011
House In The Hill
It really is exciting times at the moment, yet we still need 5 more signings in my opinion. A Left Back, Centre Back, Garvan, Lansbury and Lua Lua and we shall have a truly special first team squad. Imagine, let's say a starting eleven of....
Ankergren
Calderon Woodgate Greer Painter
Bridcutt
Buckley Lansbury Lua Lua
Bergkamp CMS
Subs:
Brezhnev
El-Abd
Sampayo
Dicker
Sparrow
Noone
Hoskins
MARVELOUS SCENES!!!

What, Barnes doesn't even make the bench ?

trueblue

Jul 5, 2003
Hove
Is Bergkamp going to start? I would expect Hoskins to be in the starting eleven?

Agreed. People are getting carried away about Bergkamp. I reckon he'll be on the bench at best... the 'Sandaza' option if you like. Far better in the long run hopefully but for now mainly one for the future.

severnside gull

May 16, 2007
By the seaside in West Somerset
What name comes to mind?

the obvious one who is possibly a square peg in a round hole at his current club and meets those criteria, albeit a seemingly unobtainable target, is Joe Cole. There was a rumour up here that Hodgson might rescue him from Liverpool but would struggle to pay more than a fraction of his wages so would need Dalgleish to agree to honouring most of his contract while farming him out (Bellamy at Cardiff was the analogy I saw).

If he came here I would walk down to Brighton and give you a big kiss man to man :)

HP Seagull

Danny Cullip: Hero
Sep 26, 2008
Yep, and if we did sign him I would be tempted to put money on us making the play-offs at least. It would be an AMAZING signing.

Indeed, if we signed him and another winger (am still desperate for this to be LuaLua) I would be confident of us challenging for the playoffs. A centre half is obviously a must as well.

what have people got against our 20 goal striker

Iv'e got nothing against him, but a Championship starter he is not. Simply, CMS and Hoskins are better and it was proven time and time again that without a target man in Murray, we where shithouse, thus why we should play our 6ft3 Bergkamp alongside any of the other three.

CAPTAIN GREALISH

Jan 6, 2010
Iv'e got nothing against him, but a Championship starter he is not. Simply, CMS and Hoskins are better and it was proven time and time again that without a target man in Murray, we where shithouse, thus why we should play our 6ft3 Bergkamp alongside any of the other three.
barnes could push hoskins to the bench

barnes could push hoskins to the bench
Hoskins is the better player in my opinion. Barness of last season missed too many chances. The promising thing is, what with his age and Gus's tutoring, that he may well continue to fashion those chances and season by season put more and more away. I'm sure he could hit 30 goals in a season, providing he keeps improving and put's the chances away. At the moment, Hoskins and CMS at Championship level are better and we need a target man up there, especially in the current League.

severnside gull

May 16, 2007
By the seaside in West Somerset
Is there actually anything concrete in the Lansbury rumor or is it just people suggesting him?

just that.

I'm pretty sure that there are no more than 2 or 3 people on here who have any sort of reliable inside track and probably none who can make more than an educated guess. Loads of course who can't even do that which is why it's such great entertainment!

forumwayseagull

Oct 22, 2005
Rochester kent
Listened to BBC following CMS signing and he says he needs 4-5 more players to be competitive....

Add that to signing 2 more this week my money is on a Free signing such as Woodgate/Nosworthy type AND a quality creative player..Joe Cole/George Boyd/Henry Lansbury type..

Very exciting all the same..

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here