Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

The 'special' player

pauldcpfc

Banned
Feb 16, 2010
Surrey
Understand fucktard your cpfc2010 or whatever it is called is just a smokescreen no substance and certaintly not as much money as you will be led to believe.
Yes, of course. I'm going to listen to someone with the same ability to write the English language as a Millwall fan.

you fucktards are really running scared,you just can,t stand the thought that we are back and on the up,see another player turned you down today Nugent gone to leicester,:dunce:
We were never after Nugent. Clown.

pauldcpfc

Banned
Feb 16, 2010
Surrey
zzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzz
How much money have Brighton spent?

How many have Championship experience?

You've spent more money than Leicester who have built a team full of Championship experience as well as the odd League One player.

You're a team full of League One players with a tiny bit of Championship experience.

Buzzer

Languidly Clinical
Oct 1, 2006
we signed someone with Championship-proven quality yesterday for £400k with £300k add-ons.

And at 1.9p in the pound being the rate at which you usually settle your debts that'll cost your club the princely sum of £13,300 max. Nice bit of business indeed. Let's hope he can fully participate in the now-annual Palace relegation battle.

NUFC1892

Feb 13, 2011
Newcastle-Upon-Tyne

You've spent more money than Leicester who have built a team full of Championship experience as well as the odd League One player.

You're a team full of League One players with a tiny bit of Championship experience.

Just this pre-season they haven't 'built a team', so that point is a load of bollocks. A team full League 1 players is based on what? There's nothing stopping Brighton's players making the step up and performing well in the Championship, many of them will perform next season I have no doubt. The step up from League 1 to the Championship is not all that big.

You've lost Danns and replaced him with a 'League 1 player' using your logic. Maybe you'll eventually get relegated then, losing that vital experience, eh?

sten

sister ray
Jul 14, 2003
eastside
Yes, of course. I'm going to listen to someone with the same ability to write the English language as a Millwall fan.

We were never after Nugent. Clown.

Think you should check your own messageboard ,nige,looks like no strikers with that championship experience will be coming to smellhurst,earnie now nugent,good job you got glenn and he is decent

pauldcpfc

Banned
Feb 16, 2010
Surrey
Just this season they haven't built a team, so that point is a load of bollocks. A team full of league 1 players is based on what? There's nothing stopping some of Brighton's players making the step up and performing well in the Championship, many of them will perform next season I have no doubt. The step up from League 1 to the Championship is not all that big.

You've lost Danns and replaced him with a 'League 1 player' using your logic. Maybe you'll eventually get relegated then, losing that vital experience, eh?
Who have we replaced Danns with? Murray? KG? Bearing in mind, we're changing formation to allow our best players to fit in together now Ambrose is back to 100%, it's not clear who is replacing him yet, and it'll likely be Wilfried Zaha if it's a winger, or Marrow (returning from injury, was our early POTY last year) if it's at Centre Mid.

The difference between L1 and the Championship is big. Pretty football doesn't get it done. O'Driscoll has Doncaster playing as good as any other team in terms of football. Look where they finished.

There is little difference between the bottom 6 or 7 in the Prem and a lot of the Championship teams.

Buzzer

Languidly Clinical
Oct 1, 2006
Just this pre-season they haven't 'built a team', so that point is a load of bollocks. A team full League 1 players is based on what? There's nothing stopping Brighton's players making the step up and performing well in the Championship, many of them will perform next season I have no doubt. The step up from League 1 to the Championship is not all that big.

You're quite right. The League one teams from the previous year finished 2nd, 7th and 9th respectively this year.....and Palace limped home in 20th. I do wish we could get a better standard of DLNs (damage limitation Nigels) on this board.

pauldcpfc

Banned
Feb 16, 2010
Surrey
Think you should check your own messageboard ,nige,looks like no strikers with that championship experience will be coming to smellhurst,earnie now nugent,good job you got glenn and he is decent
The Nugent thread? Has been around for 6 years and is a running joke. I suggest you read the 5000 posts on the thread with the jokes in there.

We'll see about Earnshaw. We've got Iversen and Easter for Championship experience, and we're quite happy using Scannell, Zaha or any other of our Academy players up there.

pauldcpfc

Banned
Feb 16, 2010
Surrey
You're quite right. The League one teams from the previous year finished 2nd, 7th and 9th respectively this year.....and Palace limped home in 20th. I do wish we could get a better standard of DLNs (damage limitation Nigels) on this board.
Norwich - had the basis of a Championship team in place.
Leeds - the same.

Millwall were the anomaly but Morison took to the Championship, and when they had Puncheon they looked very good.

Buzzer

Languidly Clinical
Oct 1, 2006
Norwich - had the basis of a Championship team in place.
Leeds - the same.

Millwall were the anomaly but Morison took to the Championship, and when they had Puncheon they looked very good.

and you've got the basis for a League One side. That's handy because guess where you're headed, Nige?

Buzzer

Languidly Clinical
Oct 1, 2006
Oh, and Leeds having the basis of a Championship side is clearly bollocks. It took the years to get out of League One. They had a nucleus of a very good league one side with some quality signings.

sten

sister ray
Jul 14, 2003
eastside
The Nugent thread? Has been around for 6 years and is a running joke. I suggest you read the 5000 posts on the thread with the jokes in there.

We'll see about Earnshaw. We've got Iversen and Easter for Championship experience, and we're quite happy using Scannell, Zaha or any other of our Academy players up there.

Give it up you lot are finished,cpfc2010 all mouth no action you will find out,i speak to couple of palace mates and they are not convinced by them one bit,new ground won,t happen,time for you to spend some time in the lower regions i think,bye

pauldcpfc

Banned
Feb 16, 2010
Surrey
Give it up you lot are finished,cpfc2010 all mouth no action you will find out,i speak to couple of palace mates and they are not convinced by them one bit,new ground won,t happen,time for you to spend some time in the lower regions i think,bye
A couple of Palace mates. Dear oh Dear.

No Palace fan I know would have a Brighton fan for a mate.

And as for all mouth, no action, they've shown their actions already by getting 4 of our best players to commit to long term deals in Speroni, Ambrose, McCarthy and Zaha.

chucky1973

Nov 3, 2010
Crawley
Who have we replaced Danns with? Murray? KG? Bearing in mind, we're changing formation to allow our best players to fit in together now Ambrose is back to 100%, it's not clear who is replacing him yet, and it'll likely be Wilfried Zaha if it's a winger, or Marrow (returning from injury, was our early POTY last year) if it's at Centre Mid.

The difference between L1 and the Championship is big. Pretty football doesn't get it done. O'Driscoll has Doncaster playing as good as any other team in terms of football. Look where they finished.

There is little difference between the bottom 6 or 7 in the Prem and a lot of the Championship teams.

that has got to be the biggest load of cow nuts I have ever read, out of your points you made, 1 no sorry none of them are correct.

You have signed a league 1 striker who is going to be your main striker.
The championship is not that much differance from the league 1, look at the results in cup games last year between the 2 leagues, League 1 prob had more victories, including 2 for us and comfortbale wins at that.
and to say that there is little differance in the bottom 6 of the prem and the championship is crazy, based upon what, there is a huge golf hence the teams that go up tend to come straight back down the following year, of course there are exceptions, but basically you get yoyo sides like WBA, Wolves, Birmingham that go up and come down basically due to the golf in the leagues. And Norwich did spend last summer, they made some very good signings including our skipper. (league 1 player at the time)

BASINGSTOKESEAGULL

Jul 26, 2010

Norwich last year did quite well with a 'League 1' based team. Holt, Jackson, Crofts, Tierney and Russell Martin to name a few that never played in the Championship before Norwich. Where did they come in the league again?

darters74

Jun 9, 2011
All over the place

EASTER!!!!!!!!!!!!! He is a league 2 player at best. How many goals has he scored in the Championship. And Stefan Iversen is 47 years old. Actually you're right, I'm sh1t scared of your potent attacking force. Fcuking clown!

Buzzer

Languidly Clinical
Oct 1, 2006
Not been there in 36 years, we won't be there anytime soon.

Now we've got rid of an alcoholic manager and got a hero in charge, we'll be safe.

Putting this banter to one side, I really do question the merits of bringing in former player heroes as managers especially if they are inexperienced and especially if it seems like the club have gone for the cheap option. It fell apart for Charlton big time and I'm not convinced that Freedman has the tactical experience. It can boost morale in the short term but medium to long term it tends to fall apart.

I have a sneaking suspicion that Palace will change managers next season and go for someone like the Exeter or the Huddersfield manager.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here