Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

The 'special' player

Dick Knights Mumm

Take me Home Falmer Road
Jul 5, 2003
Hither and Thither
Iv'e got nothing against him, but a Championship starter he is not. Simply, CMS and Hoskins are better and it was proven time and time again that without a target man in Murray, we where shithouse, thus why we should play our 6ft3 Bergkamp alongside any of the other three.

CMS looked to be excellent with his back to goal. He can hold the ball up fine. Sure we won't be able to lump it up there - but we won't be doing that often next season.

Any chance of expanding on that?
Simply I work with a club coach in the summer (July-August) and occasionally meet others through him. Did so last year and was informed about the Greer signing before most, was laughed at for saying he'd play in the Whitehawk friendly yet there he was. I cannot claim to be in the know on every transfer, I was absolutely shocked when we signed CMS (but did know about the bid in janruary), yet I can gather in this case we are more than interested in him. Gus stated we would be signing players this week and I would not be surprised to see Lansbury as one of them!

BASINGSTOKESEAGULL

Jul 26, 2010
Just got a call from a Spurs supporting mate (who I have never talked about the Woodgate rumour with) and he said the news was on Spurs Community that he was shown around the stadium today. Unbelievable if true, what a signing if we can keep him fit!

HP Seagull

Danny Cullip: Hero
Sep 26, 2008
Simply I work with a club coach in the summer (July-August) and occasionally meet others through him. Did so last year and was informed about the Greer signing before most, was laughed at for saying he'd play in the Whitehawk friendly yet there he was. I cannot claim to be in the know on every transfer, I was absolutely shocked when we signed CMS, yet I can gather in this case we are more than interested in him. Gus stated we would be signing players this week and I would not be surprised to see Lansbury as one of them!

If this happens I would struggle to contain my excitement.

Seagull27

Feb 7, 2011
Bristol
WOOOAAH there. JOE COLE?! Signing CMS was one thing. Absolute transfer coup that hardly anyone would have expected, and is probably now our highest earner.

But Joe Cole is a completely different case altogether. He probably earns more than our whole squad put together, there's absolutely no way we'd be able to afford him. And that's assuming he'd drop down to the Championship - no way. He'll still be hoping for an England squad place once he gets fit. He played in the World Cup last year, and played in 20 matches for Liverpool last year. Not going to happen.

ferring seagull

Dec 30, 2010
From Spurs Fans Forum

[Update 197] Disconosebleed on Woodgate
Who: Disconosebleed
When: 05/07/11
Where: SC

Quote:

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Not 100% if this qualifies as ITK as I'm not entirely sure if Woodgate is still at the club or not (rumours of a pay-as-you-play contract?), but anyway:

Woodgate was shown round the Amex Stadium today by Gus Poyet and Tony Bloom. I'm lucky enough to work about two minutes from the new stadium so I went and asked a couple of people who work there, and it seems like it's true.
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

NUFC1892

Feb 13, 2011
Newcastle-Upon-Tyne
Jonny Woodgate when he was here was nothing short of phenominal, I'm only 20 but some of our fans who are considerabely older than me claim he's the best NUFC centre half in their life time. He was sensational for us and when he left us for Madrid I was devestated.

I hope you sign him, really like Jonny Woodgate and I'd love to see him get his career back on track at you lot!

Sitch

Jul 3, 2011
Woodgate would count as Special.

Special Needs with the amount of injuries he has.

Out 14 months, Lasted 31 mins of first team football, missed end of season.

Who gives a shit on what you think ?

I've not heard anything about Woodgate or seen him but if we could pull it off then fair play Gus and Tony !

deletebeepbeepbeep

May 12, 2009
Woodgate would count as Special.

Special Needs with the amount of injuries he has.

Out 14 months, Lasted 31 mins of first team football, missed end of season.

If it's a low wage contract with massive bonus per game played for a year then maybe one to consider but otherwise...not sure about Woodgate. His quality isn't in question but pretty pointless if he'll only play 30 minutes in a season.

pork pie

Dec 27, 2008
Pork pie land.
Jonny Woodgate when he was here was nothing short of phenominal, I'm only 20 but some of our fans who are considerabely older than me claim he's the best NUFC centre half in their life time. He was sensational for us and when he left us for Madrid I was devestated.

I hope you sign him, really like Jonny Woodgate and I'd love to see him get his career back on track at you lot!

Thank you for your contribution. Can you have a work with someone about LuaLua coming back?

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here