Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

The 'special' player

Tony Meolas Loan Spell

Slut Faced Whores
Jul 15, 2004
Vamanos Pest
When did Poyet first mention the special signing - was it last summer?

Were we after CMS back then?

Not sure on the summer but reading the Barry Fry stuff he said Bloom made an offer in January for CMS in Jan which they refused as they wanted CMS to help them go up. Bit like we did with Benno I would have thought.

Napper

Jul 9, 2003
Sussex
I'm not to fussed at the moment. CMS has made it all ok , even chilled out after the Lua Lua stuff.

Relaxed about it all now

peterward

NSC Patron
Nov 11, 2009
Not sure on the summer but reading the Barry Fry stuff he said Bloom made an offer in January for CMS in Jan which they refused as they wanted CMS to help them go up. Bit like we did with Benno I would have thought.

the special signing was before that, around October Poyet was trying to arrange a loan to buy in January for the 'special signing'

Sitch

Jul 3, 2011
The 'special' player is NOT Woodgate. We are looking to bring in an attacking midfielder who is able to play up top aswell, big signing if we can pull it off.

sten

sister ray
Jul 14, 2003
eastside
The 'special' player is NOT Woodgate. We are looking to bring in an attacking midfielder who is able to play up top aswell, big signing if we can pull it off.

oh you know,well give us a clue then :facepalm:

Conkers

Jan 11, 2006
Haywards Heath

Bigger than CMS?

severnside gull

May 16, 2007
By the seaside in West Somerset
the special signing was before that, around October Poyet was trying to arrange a loan to buy in January for the 'special signing'

That was Ryan Harley who subsequently went to Swansea for £400K or thereabouts with an immediate loanback to Exeter. He has now joined Swans for pre-season.

Another one attempting League 1 to Premier League in one hop? If it's too much there is surely a chance that we still might see him at the Albion before the end of the transfer window. I will bet any money Gus still has his eye on him.

Steveapps71

May 9, 2011
Brighton land
I think all the rumours are great!! what i cant stand is people that tease saying "i might give you a clue" or "i know who it is but i cant tell you"
Helmets!!! if you have clues/rumours/names keep em coming i say...if you cant/wont say who the player is dont bother saying at all xxx

severnside gull

May 16, 2007
By the seaside in West Somerset

one obvious name comes to mind as a potential loan signing but I would have thought he was more likely to want to stay in the Prem and that someone like WBA would probably want to sign him if his parent club agreed to pay a significant portion of his wages.

The special player IS Lansbury and will cost MORE than CMS, providing terms are agreed. Watch this space... There appears to be no truth apart from sightings of Woodgate at the AMEX (ala Michael Owen) however, despite there being no evidence, what with Gus's Tottenham contacts and all, it is certainly not outside the realms of possibility. I think we really need to get in a left back at cover, with Danny Blanchett being touted as a possible option and with Ben Sampanyo (spelling ?) who appears to be "alright" we should be fine at right back, especially with Tanno's apparent quality, summed up in the Portsmouth game.

It really is exciting times at the moment, yet we still need 5 more signings in my opinion. A Left Back, Centre Back, Garvan, Lansbury and Lua Lua and we shall have a truly special first team squad. Imagine, let's say a starting eleven of....
Ankergren
Calderon Woodgate Greer Painter
Bridcutt
Buckley Lansbury Lua Lua
Bergkamp CMS
Subs:
Brezhnev
El-Abd
Sampayo
Dicker
Sparrow
Noone
Hoskins
MARVELOUS SCENES!!!

Sitch

Jul 3, 2011
one obvious name comes to mind as a potential loan signing but I would have thought he was more likely to want to stay in the Prem and that someone like WBA would probably want to sign him if his parent club agreed to pay a significant portion of his wages.

What name comes to mind?

HP Seagull

Danny Cullip: Hero
Sep 26, 2008
That was Ryan Harley who subsequently went to Swansea for £400K or thereabouts with an immediate loanback to Exeter. He has now joined Swans for pre-season.

Another one attempting League 1 to Premier League in one hop? If it's too much there is surely a chance that we still might see him at the Albion before the end of the transfer window. I will bet any money Gus still has his eye on him.

That was how a Poyet interview was interpreted by many on here, but I don't think that was the case. From what I read, it seemed like we were after Harley and another special player - could well have been CMS in hindsight.

deletebeepbeepbeep

May 12, 2009
What name comes to mind?

I think he's referring to Lansbury. I would be even more shocked if this came off then CMS to be honest. I would take Lansbury over Bennett. Which is potentailly why I dont think it will happen, he will be on the radar or Premiership teams.

HP Seagull

Danny Cullip: Hero
Sep 26, 2008
I think he's referring to Lansbury. I would be even more shocked if this came off then CMS to be honest. I would take Lansbury over Bennett. Which is potentailly why I dont think it will happen, he will be on the radar or Premiership teams.

I'm not disagreeing with you, but so was CMS...

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here