Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

The 'special' player

Gazwag

5 millionth post poster
Mar 4, 2004
Bexhill-on-Sea
It's been interesting to see how enthusiastic he is about CMS when you compare his very un enthusiastic comments about Murray during what was a phenomenal season. He obviously sees something really special about CMS. I must say I'm surprised about how enthusiastic he's been, even to talking about building he team around him.

I know he's good but is he really all that Gus is suggesting, I guess we are about to find out.

Wasn't Gus a pundit at the League One play offs, what a perfect job for him, being paid by Sky (he must have been I guess) to further scout the player he wants)

Crispy Ambulance

May 27, 2010
Burgess Hill
Wasn't Gus a pundit at the League One play offs, what a perfect job for him, being paid by Sky (he must have been I guess) to further scout the player he wants)

He was and he was also interviewed for the Play Off Final programme in which he said that CMS had been the best player in the league last season.

BrickTamland

Mar 2, 2010
Brighton
Dunno who these could be but maybe we will find out the special player sometime this week?
[MENTION=14853]andy[/MENTION]NaylorArgus
From Gus: "I am sure that this week we are going to have one or two more (signings) for sure after this (CMS)."
(from twitter)

Chester Drawers

Apr 15, 2004
Belair
Jermaine Jenas. 28 yrs old, 201 games for spurs, 21 caps for England, £12m in transfer fees. I like it, why not.

Shares an agent with Inigo Calderon, Agustin Battipiedi, Michael Poke, Dean Cox.

down the pecking order at Spurs, Fenerbache rumoured to be interested for 5m, Fulham, Hamburg also linked.

would be class

and the lucky boy just got married

images

Nice Norman Wisdom impression.....Mr Grimsdale!!

FLAIRtastic

Aug 29, 2010
Its Woodgate, friend who works at AMEX saw him coming out in a BMW Friday

Box of Frogs

Zamoras Left Boot
Oct 8, 2003
Right here, right now
Well if you're going to come out, it may as well be in Brighton!!

deakers

Jul 15, 2008
There were no names and no clues but a very trusted mate of mine heard from his very trusted source (his source has previously been correct about CMS coming and Murray going well in advance of the news coming out) that our new transfer record won't stand for long.

Pavilionaire

Jul 7, 2003
I thought Gus said CMS was his No. 1 transfer target all along? If this is the case surely there's no bigger capture afoot.

Turkey

Jul 4, 2003
CMS was number 1 target full stop. You can't really get anymore special than that. Keep up this nonsense getting people expecting something else and then you'll get idiots moaning that we haven't signed a special player! I'm very, very happy with CMS. Now for a centre back, centre mid, backup full back, maybe LuaLua and we're good to go!

Seagull27

Feb 7, 2011
Bristol
No.1 target doesn't necessarily mean he would command the highest fee. We could be in for, say, a youngster with lots of potential who would command a higher fee than CMS, especially if from a Prem club who would demand more money.

Bozza

You can change this
Helpful Moderator
Jul 4, 2003
Back in Sussex
Yesterday, as I posted, I'd heard that there was an expectation that we'd be breaking the CMS fee in the next week or so.

Last night I heard the opposite.

So, maybe just toss a coin to decide.

Dorset Seagull

Once Dolphin, Now Seagull
CMS was number 1 target full stop. You can't really get anymore special than that. Keep up this nonsense getting people expecting something else and then you'll get idiots moaning that we haven't signed a special player! I'm very, very happy with CMS. Now for a centre back, centre mid, backup full back, maybe LuaLua and we're good to go!

This...how can any player be more special than the one Gus says he wants to build his team around

seagull_special

Jun 9, 2008
Abu Dhabi
I am happy in the afterglow of this wonderful signing, I don't need a fix for a couple of weeks.This is a special moment in our history so don't ruin it for yourselves by becoming a greedy rumour junkie it will just end in tears.

p.s heard Thomas Ince is on his way down the motorway to sign today(only kidding)

Triggaaar

Oct 24, 2005
Goldstone
Its Woodgate, friend who works at AMEX saw him coming out in a BMW Friday
Do we want someone that'll miss most games through injury - obviously not. But Sir Tony Bloom is a very intelligent man, he wouldn't want that either. If Woodgate is coming (which is obviously a real possibility), I assume he's fit enough, and he'd be an immense signing - serious quality.

Coleby1007

Feb 28, 2011
Lancing
Do we want someone that'll miss most games through injury - obviously not. But Sir Tony Bloom is a very intelligent man, he wouldn't want that either. If Woodgate is coming (which is obviously a real possibility), I assume he's fit enough, and he'd be an immense signing - serious quality.

The way i see it is these sort of highly injury prone 'may get 1 game every month' if there lucky merchants need to stay away. Especially as he's a central defender. I think that the central defensive partnership is the most important in a team. Look how good we were when Greer and El Abd were playing together week in week out.

Obviously Woodgate has immense talent but if he does come to us and plays once every couple of weeks or so, its going to be hard for any of our defenders to get used to each other. We might get away with a player with these fitness issues if hes a midfielder or striker when using them sparingly wont impact too much on the team. But for me a central defender is certainly a big no no

Sitch

Jul 3, 2011
There is a player, big name aswell (not Woodgate) where a deal may be possible but nothing yet.

8ace

Banned
Jul 21, 2003
Brighton
CMS was the special one.

There may be more special ones, but they won't be quite as special, in Gus' eyes, as CMS is.

When did Poyet first mention the special signing - was it last summer?

Were we after CMS back then?

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here