Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

The round club badge back>

Brovion

In my defence, I was left unsupervised.
NSC Patron
Jul 6, 2003
Again point taken, However how can it be timeless ? We only had it for a brief all be it very succesful period of our history. Which is why many on here maybe look through rose tinted goggles at it. Also if we do go back to the OLD logo thats not going to make us great again. New Ground New Outlook move forward and soar
I think it can be called 'timeless' because of its design characteristics rather than the length of time we had it. To put it another way it was designed in the 1970s but it doesn't scream "1970s!" in the same way that a tank top and flares or a Morris Marina do. You can't make that claim for the shield badge which always looked like it had been pinched from a 1950s grammar achool

The Large One

Who's Next?
Jul 7, 2003
97.2FM
I think it can be called 'timeless' because of its design characteristics rather than the length of time we had it. To put it another way it was designed in the 1970s but it doesn't scream "1970s!" in the same way that a tank top and flares or a Morris Marina do. You can't make that claim for the shield badge which always looked like it had been pinched from a 1950s grammar achool

Actually, from a graphic and design point of view, I would say it does. But that's just an opinion, like.

Bwian

Kiss my (_!_)
Jul 14, 2003
And while we're talking about re-branding, let's make sure we get proper striped shirts from now on-none of this plain white/blue backed crap of late.

Real striped shirts and a seagull that doesn't look like an Airbus Freighter with an eyeball.

I like this one but the seagull needs some work...
Bri2.JPG

Goldstone Rapper

Rediffusion PlayerofYear
Jan 19, 2009
BN3 7DE
I personally prefer the badge with Eurostile Black Extended as the font....

The round badge came before the days of Archer and Bellotti running the show and it was used (briefly) after.

We shouldn't let memories of those two chancers stop us from using our best ever badge.

Attachments

• brightonbadge_bukta.jpg
    brightonbadge_bukta.jpg
    215.3 KB · Views: 216

Munkfish

May 1, 2006
I personally prefer the badge with Eurostile Black Extended as the font....

The round badge came before the days of Archer and Bellotti running the show and it was used (briefly) after.

We shouldn't let memories of those two chancers stop us from using our best ever badge.

Personally i dont think its big enough

Goldstone Rapper

Rediffusion PlayerofYear
Jan 19, 2009
BN3 7DE

The Truth

Banned
Sep 11, 2008
None of your buisness
Ta.

Did a quick search and found this

Brightonandhovecoatofarms.PNG

Supposed to be the Brighton & Hove coat of arms. I like it! Is it genuine or just something someone has knocked up?

Isn't that Elton John holding a sheild?

Whitterz

Mmmmm? Marvellous
Aug 9, 2008
Eastbourne
Love the round badge, but would prefer something of a silouhette similar to this imposed

1989726675_437bae340e.jpg

493833152_450fc01e28.jpg

bit more manly. :lolol:

Goldstone Rapper

Rediffusion PlayerofYear
Jan 19, 2009
BN3 7DE

Attachments

• whitterz.jpg
    whitterz.jpg
    26.9 KB · Views: 200

Whitterz

Mmmmm? Marvellous
Aug 9, 2008
Eastbourne
I like that :thumbsup:

what does it look like with the other pic??

Goldstone Rapper

Rediffusion PlayerofYear
Jan 19, 2009
BN3 7DE
here's the other version

Attachments

• whitters2.jpg
    whitters2.jpg
    26.2 KB · Views: 186

CC2

Nov 9, 2008
If the badge is to have Brighton & Hove Albion on it, it must also include FC, unlike that mob from Salford that removed it from their badge just so it displayed a 'brand' rather than the fact they are a football club.

Goldstone Rapper

Rediffusion PlayerofYear
Jan 19, 2009
BN3 7DE

Attachments

• wardbadge.jpg
    wardbadge.jpg
    46.5 KB · Views: 166

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here