Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

The round club badge back>

Oct 11, 2005
London
Just seen Insider's answer to Stoo's question in 'Ask the club'. Apparently there are NO PLANS to re-do the badge! Sounds like someone was pulling Mayfair's plonker.

On the 24th August I received a nice email back from Ken Brown and I quote;

"a refinement of our brand identity is currently being considered by the Board in conjunction with the design architects of the new stadium"

Superphil

Dismember
Jul 7, 2003
In a pile of football shirts
Hi,

I recently did some work looking into the potential re-brand of the Albion. I approached the club in August with my designs and received a minimal response. They said that the stadium's architects were going to redesign the badge (which is a bit like asking the dentist to mend your broken leg)..

Assuming the Club did not approach you I am not quite sure why you have taken this upon yourself, nor am I surprised the club gave minimal response. It is worth noting though that the architects of the stadium are an extremely talented multi discipline organisation, who, if requested, could comfortably carry out a rebrand for the Albion.

Oct 11, 2005
London
Assuming the Club did not approach you I am not quite sure why you have taken this upon yourself, nor am I surprised the club gave minimal response. It is worth noting though that the architects of the stadium are an extremely talented multi discipline organisation, who, if requested, could comfortably carry out a rebrand for the Albion.

I'm confused. When you go to Brighton matches do you sing and support the team or just simply not bother because we've got great away supporters who can quite easily provide enough noise to back the lads without you bothering?

Since 1997 we have had a appalling badge and I wanted to do something about it. I'm sure the architects are great at designing stadiums but how many brands have they designed?

Bevendean Hillbilly

Sep 4, 2006
Nestling in green nowhere
I'm confused. When you go to Brighton matches do you sing and support the team or just simply not bother because we've got great away supporters who can quite easily provide enough noise to back the lads without you bothering?

Since 1997 we have had a appalling badge and I wanted to do something about it. I'm sure the architects are great at designing stadiums but how many brands have they designed?

I have always preferred the round badge to the crest and think yours (if you get rid of the Martlets) looks fresh.

I would argue whether redesigning the badge is a "Rebranding" exercise as, to my mind, that is more to do with re-positioning the club in a broader sense and overhauling the entire image of the organisation within the town...

Too many years in Marketing for me.

Anyroad. Keep up the good work.

Oct 11, 2005
London
I have always preferred the round badge to the crest and think yours (if you get rid of the Martlets) looks fresh.

I would argue whether redesigning the badge is a "Rebranding" exercise as, to my mind, that is more to do with re-positioning the club in a broader sense and overhauling the entire image of the organisation within the town...

Too many years in Marketing for me.

Anyroad. Keep up the good work.

Many thanks.. You're right; a re-branding exercise would involve exactly that. With the club badge we are simply looking at our 'brand identity' and any re-branding exercise that KSS may have been commissioned to carry out could quite happily work alongside a refreshed club badge such as these.

Superphil

Dismember
Jul 7, 2003

Er, do you know anything about the architects? I guess not, they are a multi discipline organisation, branding, identity and graphic design, as well as architecture, master planning and interiors and are all part of what they do.

As for singing and supporting the team, and bothering or not, what?

As for "appaling badge", it is fine for you to express your opinion, and there are others who share your opinion. However, have you ever thought that there are other people out there who might think differently to you? Or are you totally confident that yours is the only opinion that matters here?

Brovion

In my defence, I was left unsupervised.
NSC Patron
Jul 6, 2003
Er, do you know anything about the architects? I guess not, they are a multi discipline organisation, branding, identity and graphic design, as well as architecture, master planning and interiors and are all part of what they do.

As for "appaling badge", it is fine for you to express your opinion, and there are others who share your opinion. However, have you ever thought that there are other people out there who might think differently to you? Or are you totally confident that yours is the only opinion that matters here?
Well if people like the current badge let them start threads saying "we musn't change!" I certainly would if someone proposed dropping GOSBTS.

Not sure what point you're trying to get across TBH. Mayfair thinks the current badge is 'appalling' (and he's not the only one) and has given some attempts at a new one. What's the problem?

Oct 11, 2005
London

Superphil, you clearly haven't read this or the poll thread.. I have stated many times that all feedback is welcome both positive and negative.

I seem to clearly have offended you and I apologise for this. But IMHO and the opinion of EVERY Brighton fan I know, our current badge is embarrassing. All I want to do is give those of us, which I believe is the vast vast majority of fans, the chance to tell the club what we think. I've never stated that I think my designs are perfect, but I have spent a lot of time working on something that I believe in.

Superphil, what harm does this do? I'm very confused.

Superphil

Dismember
Jul 7, 2003
Well if people like the current badge let them start threads saying "we musn't change!" I certainly would if someone proposed dropping GOSBTS.

Not sure what point you're trying to get across TBH. Mayfair thinks the current badge is 'appalling' (and he's not the only one) and has given some attempts at a new one. What's the problem?

The point I was making was more to do with the belief that the architects wouldn't be able to carry out rebranding. What Mayfair has done is good, and if he, and others, don't like the current badge then there are some viable alternatives, especially if you like the retro thing.

There is no problem, I would just prefer to see some balance. I like the current badge, and I would be concerend that a "retro" badge would look dated quite quickly, especially if the current fashion for all things "retro" changes, which I think it will do soon.

Hey Mayfair, you haven't offended me in the slightest, I just felt you were rather trying to ram your opinion home without considering that others may not fell the same.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here