Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

The round club badge back>

Yoda

English & European
It may be just me, but I think a circular badge sitting over stripes has more impact/looks better than a more angular crest design, which just gets lost in the vertical stripes/lines.

I didn't think so when we had it in the centre from 2002-2004. Right over the heart where the club should always be close to.

Pavilionaire

Jul 7, 2003
I think the retro kick things been done to death, the only thing that HASN'T come back into favour are the really short shorts of the mid-80s.

Was not Was

Loitering with intent
Jul 31, 2003
I read recently that Arsenal have been 'Arsenalising' *cough* the Emirates Stadium.

I think they are on to something that we can learn from.

There must be value in giving a new stadium (benefits: great facilities, view, etc) with a bit of history (benefits: makes you feel you belong).

How can this be done? With visual design features, I guess.

EG Whereas the Emirates has pictures up facing the pitch, between two tiers, all the way around the stadium, of trophies they have won, Falmer could have giant images of the club's badges/logos through the ages.

Brovion

In my defence, I was left unsupervised.
NSC Patron
Jul 6, 2003
Im gonna get shouted down for this,and classed as no-nothing newbie

Its Old, dated and a tad lame.

The crests please or something dynamic
You could say all that about 'Sussex by the Sea' as the club anthem - indeed some do. And like GOSBTS the round badge design is timeless rather than old or dated. And anything that looks 'dynamic' now is bound to look dreadful in ten years' time.

However the shield IS dated; mind you it looked dated when we adopted it, some 1950s styles are best left in the 1950s.

Pavilionaire

Jul 7, 2003
Wouldn't a selection of different logos suggest precisely that the club DOESN'T have a clear identity?

Similarly, if the stadium is to be sufficiently filled it will be with many "newbies" with a knowledge of the club starting with Peter Ward.

I'd tend to go more along the MK Dons route of start more or less with a blank canvas, and really trying to be original and different. The design and location of the ground are excellent starting points, I think we should get a f***-off sized statue of Dick Knight leading up to the ground as well...

Feb 23, 2009
Brighton factually.....
You could say all that about 'Sussex by the Sea' as the club anthem - indeed some do. And like GOSBTS the round badge design is timeless rather than old or dated.

However the shield IS dated; mind you it looked dated when we adopted it, some 1950s styles are best left in the 1950s.

Again point taken, However how can it be timeless ? We only had it for a brief all be it very succesful period of our history. Which is why many on here maybe look through rose tinted goggles at it. Also if we do go back to the OLD logo thats not going to make us great again. New Ground New Outlook move forward and soar

Was not Was

Loitering with intent
Jul 31, 2003
Wouldn't a selection of different logos suggest precisely that the club DOESN'T have a clear identity?

Apart from 'How can we be successful on the pitch?', you are raising what may be the most important question for the club's future: 'how can we build loyalty once we are at Falmer?'. There's no correct answer. But surely the club has to go down either the 'history' route, or the 'new-fangled, MK Dons-style' route.

My inclination is for the former, but if the latter would give us the most secure future, then bring it on.

Was not Was

Loitering with intent
Jul 31, 2003
I'd like to know what marketing / branding experts on NSC think about this.

Pavilionaire

Jul 7, 2003
I'd also like a decent sound system in the stadium and 3 minutes before kick-off I'd like to hear "Right Here, Right Now" belting out of the speakers, then segued into "Sussex By The Sea" remixed and reworked by our own Fat Boy Slim.

We haven't got an illustrious history, but we do have the unique anthem, location and we also have Norman Cook.

The Large One

Who's Next?
Jul 7, 2003
97.2FM
This was my effort from a while back, knocked up in about 10 minutes during my lunch break. It keeps the roundel, but changes the seagull which, while still 'soaring' looks as though it's about to take a dump on whatever poor bastard is below it - a suitable metaphor methinks.

View attachment 9304

Anyhoo, please bear in mind it was done in 10 minutes...

Jamie

Jun 28, 2008
This was my effort from a while back, knocked up in about 10 minutes during my lunch break. It keeps the roundel, but changes the seagull which, while still 'soaring' looks as though it's about to take a dump on whatever poor bastard is below it - a suitable metaphor methinks.

View attachment 9304

I like it, tho prefer a darker blue

Everest

Me
Jul 5, 2003
Southwick

Silent Bob

( ͡° ͜ʖ ͡°)
Dec 6, 2004
Changing the seagull is a daft idea. It could do with a slightly better design than the current one though. And maybe plain, no badge or circle. I think the plain seagull was pretty much the only redeeming feature of the dire sky blue striped kit.

strings

Moving further North...
Feb 19, 2006
Barnsley
Changing the seagull is a daft idea. It could do with a slightly better design than the current one though. And maybe plain, no badge or circle. I think the plain seagull was pretty much the only redeeming feature of the dire sky blue striped kit.

I agree, I think a lone seagull would look pretty good.

Garage_Doors

Originally the Swankers
Jun 28, 2008
Brighton
Dolphins anyone?

Bri1.JPG

Everest

Me
Jul 5, 2003
Southwick

Garage_Doors

Originally the Swankers
Jun 28, 2008
Brighton

View attachment 9304

I do like the idea of the seagull being 3-dimensional rather than flat.

attachment.php

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here