Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Thank You Tony Blair

Pigsy

Jul 14, 2004
Les Biehn said:
So you would treat children as an employee?

Why do 9 year olds need testing?

The teachers need testing to ensure they are doing a good job for the children. If you don't test them by the performance of those they teach, then how would you?

Superphil

Dismember
Jul 7, 2003
In a pile of football shirts
Today is the best day I can remember for a long time, that utter twat Blair is finally going to f*** off. I hate him with every fibre of my body. Jesus, we thought the Tories were bad, and Thatcher was evil, well Blair makes her look like a fluffy kitten. Good ridence, f*** off and don't ever come back.

Brighton Breezy

Jul 5, 2003
Sussex
Superphil said:
Today is the best day I can remember for a long time, that utter twat Blair is finally going to f*** off. I hate him with every fibre of my body. Jesus, we thought the Tories were bad, and Thatcher was evil, well Blair makes her look like a fluffy kitten. Good ridence, f*** off and don't ever come back.

Yeah those MILLIONS of unemployed we have lining the streets under New Labour and tens of millions living in poverty and entire industries being destroyed...

...oh HANG on. That was the tories under Thatcher.

:jester:

Simster

"the man's an arse"
Jul 7, 2003
Surrey
Superphil said:
Richie has a point here - what the f*** are you talking about?

Scoffers

Jan 13, 2004
Burgess Hill
The Antikythera Mechanism said:
Tony Blair = :tosser: :tosser: :tosser:

Gordon Brown = :tosser: :tosser: :tosser: :tosser: :tosser: :tosser:

Although I agree with your first carefully crafted statement, it's a bit harsh to condemn Gordy Boy before he has even got the job !!

Superphil

Dismember
Jul 7, 2003
In a pile of football shirts
Richie, read what I wrote before you quote me. My point is, whatever Thatcher did badly, and all those things you bang on about are 100% true and I wholeheartedly agree with you, Blair is many many times worse.

His legacy will be one of death, carnage, intollerance, poverty, international isolation, superhigh taxes, bankrupt NHS, Pension debacle and much more.

So I hate them both for a lot of what they did, but for me, Blair is the lowest of the low, put him up against the wall with Bush and Mugabe.

And let's not turn this into a slating match against each other, we all have opinions, none of them are wrong Let's keep out fingers crossed that Blairs replacement can do something to restore this country, it's reputation and it's status in the world.

Last edited:

Scoffers

Jan 13, 2004
Burgess Hill
Superphil said:
So I hate them both for a lot of what they did, but for me, Blair is the lowest of the low, put him up against the wall with Bush and Mugabe.

I wouldnt put Bush up against the wall, as you say, Bush is basically just a dumb-ass front for the real power brokers in the US administration, (I liken him to Jim Hacker on Yes Prime Minister)

As for Blair and Mugabe.........................................................

Thaks for the Human rights act,
thanks for all my tax rises,
thanks for taking us into an illegal war,
thanks for handing our streets over to chavs,shysters and drug dealers,
thanks for opening our borders to murderers,racists and slave traders,
thanks for banging up farmers for protecting themselves,
thanks for scrapping the royal tournament,
thanks for stealing my pension,
THANKS NOW f*** OFF YOU CVNT.

Les Biehn

GAME OVER
Aug 14, 2005
Pigsy said:
The teachers need testing to ensure they are doing a good job for the children. If you don't test them by the performance of those they teach, then how would you?

They do need testing, but do they need people sitting in their class for days on end evaluating their every move. I certainly wouldn't like that at my work. Sure my boss is there but her sole purpose isn't to watch what I'm up to.

Stumpy Tim

Norman Baker suck my lozenge said:
Thaks for the Human rights act,
thanks for all my tax rises,
thanks for taking us into an illegal war,
thanks for handing our streets over to chavs,shysters and drug dealers,
thanks for opening our borders to murderers,racists and slave traders,
thanks for banging up farmers for protecting themselves,
thanks for scrapping the royal tournament,
thanks for stealing my pension,
THANKS NOW f*** OFF YOU CVNT.

That's a tirade of rather shit abuse. Taxes have risen, but that's what Labour governments do isn't it - it's called redistribution. It amazes me that people complain that we haven't done enough for Education, NHS etc - and yet complain that taxes have been raised.

Can't make everyone happy. In fact, politicians can't make anyone happy - it's a shit job to have

Stumpy Tim

Simster said:
How is that "a shame"? He chose to back Bush when no other self respecting western leader did (and certainly not to the same extent).

I thought Blair had done a reasonable job until then, but he's since cost thousands of lives. So it's a bit like saying Harold Shipman was a great GP if you can just get past the 200 odd murders on his watch.

I also think he's missed a great opportunity to resolve some of the bigger issues in the country, especially considering the massive mandate he received way back in '97. The NHS & education have received more funding, but the NHS is still a shambles education is still way behind what it could be if Labour hadn't been so obsessed with "choice".

It's a shame that he went in, because domestically he's done a great job. That's what i meant. By the way, many other countries went in - including Australia

Pigsy

Jul 14, 2004
Les Biehn said:
They do need testing, but do they need people sitting in their class for days on end evaluating their every move. I certainly wouldn't like that at my work. Sure my boss is there but her sole purpose isn't to watch what I'm up to.

So if you don't test teachers from their classes performance, or by observing them over a sensible period of time, how would you?

Stumpy Tim said:
That's a tirade of rather shit abuse. Taxes have risen, but that's what Labour governments do isn't it - it's called redistribution. It amazes me that people complain that we haven't done enough for Education, NHS etc - and yet complain that taxes have been raised.

Can't make everyone happy. In fact, politicians can't make anyone happy - it's a shit job to have
The troublewith the NHS is that money has been spent and wasted in the wrong areas,Guardian reading pen pusher 55k plus company car,Nurse 19k,nice one Tone.
Our taxes have gone up to pay for ILLEGAL wars,also if we spent less on foreign aid and handing out lollipops to any chancer that scurrys through the chunnel we wouldn't have to keep taxing the working man till he squeeks,allways amazes me that whenever these thieves put our taxes up it's to pay for "skools an ospitals"never legal aid for terrorists and racist preachers of hate to live here on the free.

REDLAND

Jul 7, 2003
At the foot of the downs
Richie Morris said:
If, as is being widely touted, Blair steps down tomorrow then securing a (hopefully) lasting peace in Northern Ireland will be a fitting legacy.

Thank you Tony for rescuing this country from the evil grip of the Conservative Party.

I reckon this is the most ridiculous post I've ever read on ANY forum

what a pillock

Les Biehn

GAME OVER
Aug 14, 2005
Pigsy said:
So if you don't test teachers from their classes performance, or by observing them over a sensible period of time, how would you?

I think they do need to be tested in a way, just not sure judging them through intense level of observation and home many of their pupils gain high grades in their SATS is the best way. I'm not sure at the moment what would be the best way, after all you are asking me to come up with something on the spot that clearly needs some thought put into it.

I do want to continue this but have to go now.

Brighton Breezy

Jul 5, 2003
Sussex
Schools get rated as to how well they perform in relation to predicted targets set from earlier exam results.

Hence a poor school who is getting their kids to get a couple of GCSEs could actually come out higher than one where kids get less As than expected.

Seems fair to me.

Scoffers

Jan 13, 2004
Burgess Hill
Re: Re: Thank You Tony Blair

REDLAND said:
I reckon this is the most ridiculous post I've ever read on ANY forum

what a pillock

Agreed

Dick Knights Mumm

Take me Home Falmer Road
Jul 5, 2003
Hither and Thither
The thing is Richie - the conservative party Blair took over from wasn't the Thatcher early '80's version - it was the party of John Major and Norman Lamont. More comedy and incompetance than evil intent.

As a lot of people feel and a lot of commentators have said - it has been a wasted opportunity. Crowned with the decision to take us to a war that was unnecessary and continues to cost thousands of lives. A gross indulgence - and something that I hope history does not forget.

Overall - there has been some good and some bad. But his legacy is Iraq.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here