Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Thank You Tony Blair

Biscuit

Native Creative
Jul 8, 2003
Brighton
Richie Morris said:
If, as is being widely touted, Blair steps down tomorrow then securing a (hopefully) lasting peace in Northern Ireland will be a fitting legacy.

Thank you Tony for rescuing this country from the evil grip of the Conservative Party.

:clap2: :clap2: :clap2: :clap2: :clap2:

In May 1997, Tony Blair became the youngest prime minister since Lord Liverpool in 1812.

His decade in power has seen one of the longest periods of economic growth in Britain's history and big increases in spending on schools and hospitals. Other landmark policies include a minimum wage, tuition fees for higher education, constitutional reform such as devolution in Scotland and Wales and progress in the Northern Ireland peace process.

Mr Blair is the only the Labour prime minister to have won three successive general elections and to have served more than one full consecutive term.

:bowdown: :bowdown:

Buzzer

Languidly Clinical
Oct 1, 2006
Richie Morris said:
If, as is being widely touted, Blair steps down tomorrow then securing a (hopefully) lasting peace in Northern Ireland will be a fitting legacy.

Thank you Tony for rescuing this country from the evil grip of the Conservative Party.

HIS legacy? John Hume, David Trimble and John Major had sod all to do with it then? I count at least 2 of your evil Tories in that lot.

Typical Blair fan - happy to re-write history in that bastard's favour.

thanks for nothing Tony - now f*** off.

Biscuit

Native Creative
Jul 8, 2003
Brighton
Re: Re: Thank You Tony Blair

Buzzer said:
Typical Blair fan - happy to re-write history in that bastard's favour.

Not really... history will judge him, and I think it will judge him well. I don't think many people will realise how good a prime minister Tony Blair actually is untill he goes...

Cian

Jul 16, 2003
Dublin, Ireland
Re: Re: Re: Thank You Tony Blair

Biskuit von Kekse said:
Not really... history will judge him, and I think it will judge him well. I don't think many people will realise how good a prime minister Tony Blair actually is untill he goes...

Only if he was replaced by Bertie Ahern, maybe...

Brighton Breezy

Jul 5, 2003
Sussex

Biskuit von Kekse said:

Exactly.

reuters

Feb 15, 2007
Brighton
Blair’s legacy will be negative because that tends to be what politicians and the news focus on.
ID cards are a joke. i have no problem with the idea only some of the info on them and the coat. and one "selling" point they stop terrorists and that was provide by the bombings in Spain where they have ID cards.

Iraq was a stupid war. we went in to stop a dictator? so why aren't we doing it other countries where there are dictator's? was there something special in Iraq? oil?

the fact that some A and E's will now become 9-5 and won’t be able to treat major injuries is a joke. and the government is ignoring this.

I’ve chosen a course for uni and i could have stayed in Brighton but i wanted to go to one of the best uni's it means that i will have to pay more am i happy? no but that’s the way it goes. is it not slightly hypercritical of a man who got his uni education for free to charge u now?

Last edited:

Biscuit

Native Creative
Jul 8, 2003
Brighton
Re: Re: Re: Re: Thank You Tony Blair

MYOB said:
Only if he was replaced by Bertie Ahern, maybe...

As the philosopher Mitchell once said, "you don't know what you've got till it's gone" :lolol:

You wait till Gordon Brown takes over.. New Labour died when Miliband said he wouldn't run for leader.

Buzzer

Languidly Clinical
Oct 1, 2006

Biskuit von Kekse said:

Not really? Then what exactly did Hume and Trimble win the Nobel Peace Prize for then? David Irving would be proud of your revisionism.

Biscuit

Native Creative
Jul 8, 2003
Brighton

Buzzer said:
Not really? Then what exactly did Hume and Trimble win the Nobel Peace Prize for then? David Irving would be proud of your revisionism.

Buzzer said:
thanks for nothing Tony - now f*** off.

and Thatcher would be proud of your balanced open mindedness. Are you the kind of person who hates whoevers in power? Good look, its always been fashionable that.

Buzzer

Languidly Clinical
Oct 1, 2006
Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: Thank You Tony Blair

Biskuit von Kekse said:
and Thatcher would be proud of your balanced open mindedness. Are you the kind of person who hates whoevers in power? Good look, its always been fashionable that.

quite an extrapolation. I disagree with your summation of Blair and all of a sudden I hate whoevers in power. Oh, and I'm a neo-Thatcherite too.

Northern Ireland is not his legacy. I've made that very clear. You refuse to debate the issue. All you've done is now call me names to deflect from the argument.

He has presided over an illegal war and made the Tory sleaze seem amateur. He has presided over the most spin-laden Government in history and has wasted billions on consultants in the Public sector. He has also irreperably damaged UK pensions, once the envy of the world. That's his legacy.

Feel free to insinuate more ludicrous opinions about my views from that.

Biscuit

Native Creative
Jul 8, 2003
Brighton

Buzzer said:

Oh and, I never said that Trimble or Hume did or didn't deserve the Nobel Peace Prize, so I think you need your persecution complex treated by someone more qualified than me.

While I'm at it, compairing me to a Holocaust denier because I can sympathise with many of Tony Blairs accoplishments seems a tad ott. See above.

Biscuit

Native Creative
Jul 8, 2003
Brighton
Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: Thank You Tony Blair

Buzzer said:
quite an extrapolation. I disagree with your summation of Blair and all of a sudden I hate whoevers in power. Oh, and I'm a neo-Thatcherite too.

Northern Ireland is not his legacy. I've made that very clear. You refuse to debate the issue. All you've done is now call me names to deflect from the argument.

He has presided over an illegal war and made the Tory sleaze seem amateur. He has presided over the most spin-laden Government in history and has wasted billions on consultants in the Public sector. He has also irreperably damaged UK pensions, once the envy of the world. That's his legacy.

Feel free to insinuate more ludicrous opinions about my views from that.

OK, first off I'm not name calling. Your the one with narrow mindedness on the Tony Blair issue yet you say I'm not the one willing to debate?

I'm sure your not a neo-thatcherite. My observation about your views on our prime minister was a result of your inability to see the otherside of the argument.

Buzzer

Languidly Clinical
Oct 1, 2006
Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: Thank You Tony Blair

Biskuit von Kekse said:
Oh and, I never said that Trimble or Hume did or didn't deserve the Nobel Peace Prize, so I think you need your persecution complex treated by someone more qualified than me.

While I'm at it, compairing me to a Holocaust denier because I can sympathise with many of Tony Blairs accoplishments seems a tad ott. See above.

sigh. You really are defensive aren't you. Now I've got a persecution complex for asking a simple question.

...and the David Irving quote is specifically about your ability to revise the facts about History on NI. I never mentioned any other accomplishments and neither did you in your response. There can therefore be no other intention and no other comparison intended or implied to a rational observer. Don't try and put words in my mouth please.

Biscuit

Native Creative
Jul 8, 2003
Brighton
Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: Thank You Tony Blair

Buzzer said:
sigh. You really are defensive aren't you. Now I've got a persecution complex for asking a simple question.

...and the David Irving quote is specifically about your ability to revise the facts about History on NI. I never mentioned any other accomplishments and neither did you in your response. There can therefore be no other intention and no other comparison intended or implied to a rational observer. Don't try and put words in my mouth please.

Did I mention neo-thatcherites? Don't put words in my mouth. Me defensive? I said Tony Blair would be judged by the history books, then you said David Irving would be pleased with my revisionism - that seems a tad defensive in my book.. but hey.

That'll be your delusional paraonia kicking in again... ;)

Rougvie

Rising Damp
Aug 29, 2003
Hove, f***ing ACTUALLY.
Dear Tony,
Thanks for giving me the chance to jump on the Buy to Let property bandwagon over the last 4 years, thanks for your liberal stance with the expansion of air travel which as a result has seen a big increse in my revenue.

I still think you are a **** tho, but most people in this day and age are NEVER happy.

Yours

Roougers xx

Brixtaan

Jul 7, 2003
Border country.East Preston.
His name will only be tarnished due to stealth taxation and rising costs of EVERYTHING that he oversaw. Rampant capitalism is to blame for that not him.

Pigsy

Jul 14, 2004
Les Biehn said:
I imagine its more a case of contracts not being renewed?

so a bit like any other job then, when you fail to reach the targets your managers set? Only their performance is more important than most, given that the end product is our future. They should have targets and their should be action taken if they don't meet them. Whether they should get paid more than other public sector professionals for doing it is a different arguement, and one which they might be able to make more strongly if they collectively (over) achieved.

Les Biehn

GAME OVER
Aug 14, 2005
Pigsy said:
so a bit like any other job then, when you fail to reach the targets your managers set? Only their performance is more important than most, given that the end product is our future. They should have targets and their should be action taken if they don't meet them. Whether they should get paid more than other public sector professionals for doing it is a different arguement, and one which they might be able to make more strongly if they collectively (over) achieved.

Not so sure getting kids to memorize facts for a test is better than teaching them the means to interpret and interact with the world around them.

Perhaps the development of a human being isn't as easily quantifiable as say a profit margin.

Last edited:

Tom Hark Preston Park

Will Post For Cash
Jul 6, 2003
Richie Morris said:

That was my view also. In 1997. Felt like a liberating army had rolled in to town.

The illegal and immoral invasion of Iraq changed everything. Pure criminal action that has cost the lives of thousands of people and alienated a million natural born Labour voters.

Shame on the Labour Party, and for every individual Labour MP for standing by and doing nothing and letting Tony B.Liar roll all over you to allow B.Liar to 'deliver' the UK to the US Yahoo regime. The Labour Party should hang its collective head in shame. And f*** his northern Ireland 'legacy'. The eejits would have worked it out for themselves sooner or later.

Gordon Brown is the NEW liberating army. Looking forward to it IMMENSELY :clap2:

Last edited:

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here