Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Thank You Tony Blair

El Presidente

The ONLY Gay in Brighton
Helpful Moderator
Jul 5, 2003
Pattknull med Haksprut
Beach Hut said:
Bring back the conservatives for privatisation, capitalism and ensuring we all get richer (again)

Absolutely, I did so well between 1979-97, but I did spend most of that time as an insolvency accountant

*miseryequalsmoneyforme*

Barrel of Fun

Abort, retry, fail
turienzo's lovechild said:
you can backdate the "blocking my path onto the property ladder" issue to long before blair, well, backdate it's causes anyway

True, but there was a sustainable growth trend toward the end of Majors reign.

Pigsy said:
Reductions in student grants/introductions of student loans was before Blair's time too.

But they were at reasonable levels until Tax mad Brown saw the £ signs.

Tony Meolas Loan Spell said:
No but HIS Government did. The one that we elected and proceeded to f*** it up. Again and again.

Absolute power corrupts absolutely as the saying goes.

I cant believe people still use Tory sleaze, surely it should now be Labour spin.

I was implying that the groundwork and foundations were started by the Tories with various false starts that were to be expected.

TSB

Captain Hindsight
Jul 7, 2003
Lansdowne Place, Hove
my degree will lead me to adding to the economy of the nation, yet i am being punished for it

oh, and as a graduate i will earn £140-300k more than a non-graduate, so actually, he kind of is forcing me to

So, what you're saying is that you're paying about £10k for a £140-300k advantage?.....What a total arsehole he is, eh? :nono:

Oct 25, 2003
Temporary Slim Bars said:
So, what you're saying is that you're paying about £10k for a £140-300k advantage?.....What a total arsehole he is, eh? :nono:

£10k?

add about £15k onto that and you'll be in about the right place

Pigsy

Jul 14, 2004
£10k?

If you have such a problem with it, you could always work, and study with the OU. You've opted to go.

Tricky Dicky

Jul 27, 2004
Sunny Shoreham

Pigsy

Jul 14, 2004
not with what i wanted to do i couldn't

betcha could - anyway that's life, you chose what you wanted to do. And now you blame Tony Blair because you have to pay what you knew you'd have to pay beforehand :shootself

Last edited:

Les Biehn

GAME OVER
Aug 14, 2005
What the f*** are you talking about?

Real climate of fear in England :shootself

So all these threats from the muslim world that are a direct result of the Iraq war, invasion of our civil liberties through forms such as CCTV and the proposed ID cards, attempts to introduce detainment without trial, targets in schools which are making kids and teachers alike depressed, finacial targets in the NHS which cost people jobs and appropriate medical care. You're right, nothing to fear:)

TSB

Captain Hindsight
Jul 7, 2003
Lansdowne Place, Hove
£10k?

You chose to go to Newcastle. If you'd stayed in Sussex, would it have been £25k? I doubt it.

Oct 25, 2003
You chose to go to Newcastle. If you'd stayed in Sussex, would it have been £25k? I doubt it.

brighton or sussex don't do my course

and why not? i still would've needed a student loan

TSB

Captain Hindsight
Jul 7, 2003
Lansdowne Place, Hove
Les Biehn said:
So all these threats from the muslim world that are a direct result of the Iraq war, invasion of our civil liberties through forms such as CCTV and the proposed ID cards, attempts to introduce detainment without trial, targets in schools which are making kids and teachers alike depressed, finacial targets in the NHS which cost people jobs and appropriate medical care. You're right, nothing to fear:)

Threats from the muslim world: ?! We had one attack
CCVT is an invasion of civil liberties: Surely not even YOU believe that.
ID Cards: Haven't yet come to pass.
Targets is schools: Fear?!
Targets in NHS: Fear?!

tedebear

Legal Alien
NSC Patron
Jul 7, 2003
In my computer
Doesn't matter who's standing down tomorrow - most of you would still be moaning. I actually think this country isn't too bad, having seen a few others, its not as bad as it could be. But moaning seems to be something thats in abundance in this country.

TSB

Captain Hindsight
Jul 7, 2003
Lansdowne Place, Hove
brighton or sussex don't do my course

and why not? i still would've needed a student loan

Yes, but £25k?! And anyway, in comparison to the £140-300k, that's nothing!

The fact is that you chose a course 300-odd miles away that would help you out financially in later life. Why should that be free? To keep it free would you have been happy if they'd put up income tax still higher, especially for those earning £140-300k?

Plus, loans get paid back at a pathetic amount per month.

God, people bitch about the most pathetic things, when there's genicide in many countries, US citizens have to pay for healthcare insurance, many go without food, millions & millions live under oppressive (sp?)regimes.

Barrel of Fun

Abort, retry, fail
Tricky Dicky said:
... but that pails into insignificance when you start talking about the £2Bn wasted on Tax Credits. Anyway, I always wanted to know where my tie-on pocket came from BoF.

I was ignoring Tax credits as they don't effect me as yet. I haven't even got a pension sorted out as I have a student loan to payoff/service and spend a large sum renting.

Incidentally, I see the student loan has been sold off at a discount - I await news of an increase in the interest or repayments. :rolleyes:

Now you know where they came from, you can relax and have a beer. :D

Brighton Breezy

Jul 5, 2003
Sussex

Plus, loans get paid back at a pathetic amount per month.

God, people bitch about the most pathetic things, when there's genicide in many countries, US citizens have to pay for healthcare insurance, many go without food, millions & millions live under oppressive (sp?)regimes.

EXACTAMUNDO.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here