Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Supporters who aren't rich are not required.

El Presidente

The ONLY Gay in Brighton
Helpful Moderator
Jul 5, 2003
Pattknull med Haksprut
........and the winner for the most self-pitying fan goes to....

The reason why STH get priority is that they put their money up at the start of the season, not knowing whether it is going to be a pile of elephant dung or a rare diamond. THAT is why the club reward them, and no grumbles from me if I miss the Notts County away match if it sells out despite being a blue member and having been to a lot of away matches already this season

.........and I'm rich!

Falmer

Banned
Nov 22, 2010
Earth
Sweet Jesus. It's hard to know where to start... :facepalm:

Next time you insult the rest of your fellow Albion supporters being labelling them 'rich' for being able to sort themselves out, do it with a little more dignity.

Sweet Jesus I do know where to start....

most of the 20 thousands season ticket holders of next season who your calling fellow Albion fans, aren't watching them atm and alot probably never did. If I am labelling them as 'rich' then so be it. I suppose it is a bit rich to be able to just go to the big games and miss out on all those shitty games by choice and call your self a supporter.
Oh yeah and and next time you wish to insult all Match day ticket buyers who've missed out on the last 2 games of the Withdean because you've labelled them as inept at planning and piroitising. Please do it with more dignity, if not then stop being such a hypicritical pompous prick.

Last edited:

Waynflete

Nov 10, 2009
Paying the over-the-top price only a rich person would do. Have you worked out how out of pocket you are having attended over 260 of the 270 matches played at Withdean on the full price? Now who's the rich one?

And if you're going to indulge in irony, it's best not to sully that by grizzling about your hopeless financial planning in public.

To be fair to Falmer, there are lots of examples whereby less well-off people end up paying more for things because they can't afford the risk of planning long-term. For example, people on low incomes often use pay-as-you-go electricity meters even though they're more expensive than monthly direct debits. It's not bad planning it's just that if your weekly income is very low you can't commit to a guaranteed cost going out of your account every month. If money's tight they just put less in the meter that week.

Tooting Gull

Jul 5, 2003
To be fair, no one knows what the clubs stance is on cancelled ST DDs. I find it hard to believe that they would just let it go.

The 1901 Club for example is a 5 year financial commitment, and you cant just stop paying if you fall on hard times.

This ST DD cancellation issue cropped up in my presentation, and I have to say it wasn't clearly resolved by the ticket office staff (though they were very helpful in all other respects). It's hard to see they would just cancel it with no penalty at any time? Or if you can, maybe because you're paying ahead, you lose everything paid up to that point and so then the club can either resell the seat as a half ST, or match by match. Be useful to know.

Seasider78

Nov 14, 2004
perhaps the thread title could be changed to 'due to a combination of incredible demand for ST's, the clubs perfectly sensible business stance of selling as many ST as possible, my own decision to not take out a direct debit, my current financial circumstances I may not be able to attend every game next season and I am annoyed'.

Might be less inflammatory?

Falmer

Banned
Nov 22, 2010
Earth
........and the winner for the most self-pitying fan goes to....

The reason why STH get priority is that they put their money up at the start of the season, not knowing whether it is going to be a pile of elephant dung or a rare diamond. THAT is why the club reward them, and no grumbles from me if I miss the Notts County away match if it sells out despite being a blue member and having been to a lot of away matches already this season

.........and I'm rich!

I suppose this goes out to these too.

Has football lost touch with its working class roots? | Comment is free | guardian.co.uk

Football: Reclaim the Game

A Liverpool fans concern for OUR football's future | The Manchester United fans blog - Truly Reds

mcshane in the 79th

Nov 4, 2005
All this "stop the DD and everything will be fine" option is a bit rich to be honest.

I hope that if the club finds that after the first month a load of STH's decide to break their contract they will sue them for the full cost of the ticket, because that is what you are buying a SEASON ticket not a "great I have been there for the first game so I happy" ticket.

If a load of supporters do this then not only does this stop the Falmer's of this world getting the chance to buy a match by match ticket but the club could decide next year to stop this and go back to the old system.

Agree with this. The club won't take people cancelling their DD's lightly.

El Presidente

The ONLY Gay in Brighton
Helpful Moderator
Jul 5, 2003
Pattknull med Haksprut

mcshane in the 79th

Nov 4, 2005
To be fair to Falmer, there are lots of examples whereby less well-off people end up paying more for things because they can't afford the risk of planning long-term. For example, people on low incomes often use pay-as-you-go electricity meters even though they're more expensive than monthly direct debits. It's not bad planning it's just that if your weekly income is very low you can't commit to a guaranteed cost going out of your account every month. If money's tight they just put less in the meter that week.

If money's tight, then football shouldn't be a priority

Falmer

Banned
Nov 22, 2010
Earth
Maybe, but what has that got to do with the fact that we have sold out for three important games at the end of a potential title winning season?

The fact that season ticket holders were given piority in getting 2 extra tickets on top of what they already had for these games. The tickets went on sale today and were sold out before 10.30 meaning the season ticket holders had got the majority of them not giving the basic ticket and chance of going.

The Large One

Who's Next?
Jul 7, 2003
97.2FM
Oh yeah and and next time you wish to insult all Match day ticket buyers who've missed out on the last 2 games of the Withdean because you've labelled them as inept at planning and piroitising. Please do it with more dignity, if not then stop being such a hypicritical pompous prick.

I'm not labelling all those who can't go inept at prioritising. Just you, principally because you believe yourself to be a special case. (ref. your original post)

Others haven't come on here to grizzle in such a self-pitying (© El Presidente) manner.

Acker79

NSC Patron
Nov 15, 2008
Brighton
The fact that season ticket holders were given piority in getting 2 extra tickets on top of what they already had for these games. The tickets went on sale today and were sold out before 10.30 meaning the season ticket holders had got the majority of them not giving the basic ticket and chance of going.

It wasn't just season ticket holders. As I understand it there was also:

-If you bought tickets to the first two games you could get tickets for the last three before christmas.
-If you are a blue member you had priority to get tickets.

Thunder Bolt

Silly old bat
All this "stop the DD and everything will be fine" option is a bit rich to be honest.

I hope that if the club finds that after the first month a load of STH's decide to break their contract they will sue them for the full cost of the ticket, because that is what you are buying a SEASON ticket not a "great I have been there for the first game so I happy" ticket.

If a load of supporters do this then not only does this stop the Falmer's of this world getting the chance to buy a match by match ticket but the club could decide next year to stop this and go back to the old system.

If I cancelled my direct debit after the first month of the season, the club would have had £165 from me (5 pymts starting in April) and I would have only seen two home games. My ticket would then be available for general sale, so why would they sue me? If I had lost my job, I wouldn't have much for them to sue me for.

Superphil

Dismember
Jul 7, 2003
In a pile of football shirts
Agree with this. The club won't take people cancelling their DD's lightly.

Quite, but I am sure if a fan explains his/her situation has changed, I'd imagine, this being the Albion and not some scum sucking outfit like Leeds or SCC, then they will do everything they can to accomodate and understand, without the need to resort to heavy handed solutions.

That said Falmer, if you can't pay one month or another (which is what you've suggested) it will not be difficult to find someone to 'buy' the tickets (using the ticket exchange on here for example), if we are talking occasional instances when moneys tight in a month, just sell the tickets off (at the full match ticket rate) and when things become more comfortable financially, hey ho, still a STH and still going to the next game.

Hopefully there are a few helpfull suggestions on this thread Falmer, forgive me, I thought you were on a wind up originally, but judging by your comments this seems to be something that is an issue to you. Perhaps the comments on here put it all into a better light, hope you manage to work out how to get a ST at the Amex for next season :thumbsup:

Falmer

Banned
Nov 22, 2010
Earth
I'm not labelling all those who can't go inept at prioritising. Just you, principally because you believe yourself to be a special case. (ref. your original post)

Others haven't come on here to grizzle in such a self-pitying (© El Presidente) manner.

If I said white you would say black, if I said good you would say bad. Can't be arsed with this mate, you've already put my NSC profile on this thread without seeing the humour, you've labelled me as someone who's uncapable of planning and piriotising and you've also responded to everyone of my comments in an argumentative fashion. Look i dont care about this as much as you and I'm sorry for using the term 'rich' in describing all these fans who weren't here 2 years ago.
Now I know your going to respond but lets have something abit more opinionated rather than attacking, mondays aren't the nicest but no need to go nit-picking on someone ho's pissed off by not getting tickets for games others will be at who would of chosen AC Milan v Arsenal on a tuesday night over Brighton any day

Westdene Seagull

aka Cap'n Carl Firecrotch
NSC Patron
Oct 27, 2003
The arse end of Hangleton

I wouldn't have thought many people will cancel their DD. If people do I would expect the club to look at it on a case by case basis. If someone's been made redundant then there's not a lot of point pursuing them through a small claims court for breaking the contract. If on the other hand they have canceled because they are an arse then fair dues to the club if they go after them.

MikeySmall

Jul 7, 2003
BRIGHTON

Surely you had until 10:30 to get a ticket? Im not going to the Huddesfield game either as a mate has decided to have his stag do that weekend. Im LIVID (well not really, shit happens)

cuthbert

Oct 24, 2009

Great post, the labour market is now much more flexible, I retired early aged 50yo and worked casually until I retired. I'm now 67yo and can plan my financial commitments but when I was working casually I did not even now how much I would earn in the following week, some days I worked for £4.00 an hour, others £25 per hour and others I sat at home waiting for the phone to ring. I was lucky, I made enough to buy a ST each year for the last 12, but I always paid in full before the beginning of the season, I would never have agreed to to a monthly DD in case the money ran out.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here