Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Supporters who aren't rich are not required.

Tooting Gull

Jul 5, 2003
I think this has been a big wind-up. 8/10. Shame, because otherwise I might have waded in a bit in Falmer's support on a couple of points, he's managed to send the Smug-ometer off the charts.

El Presidente

The ONLY Gay in Brighton
Helpful Moderator
Jul 5, 2003
Pattknull med Haksprut
The fact that season ticket holders were given piority in getting 2 extra tickets on top of what they already had for these games. The tickets went on sale today and were sold out before 10.30 meaning the season ticket holders had got the majority of them not giving the basic ticket and chance of going.

I am a blue member, have been for the last few years, picked up a ticket easily on Saturday.

MikeySmall

Jul 7, 2003
BRIGHTON
My pay dosen't come through till tomorrow.

Id take it your luck is out then. Unfortunately for you football clubs are run as a business and one of the reasons we are being successful this season is because the Albion are a very well run business (thank god). As has been mentioned there have been plenty of opportunities to buy tickets for these games (with a bit of planning) and im pretty sure if you are desperate to go at least one ticket will come up in the ticket exchange. Just make sure you put aside the £25......

Questions

Habitual User
Oct 18, 2006
Worthing
I have a direct debit with Natwest as a loan, this direct debit can't be stopped. This is why i presumed it wouldn't with anysort of purchase which didn't offer refund

Have you tried Citizens Advice Bureau ?

Jan 19, 2009
Worthing
I can't see the problem in all honesty.

I bought a spare Southampton ticket this morning for a mate who supports them.:shrug:

mejonaNO12 aka riskit

Dec 4, 2003
England
1 - "The club aren't thinking of the supporters"
2 - "I dont blame the club"
3 - "Here's a list of articles about how supports are being priced out of the game"

I don't think he has a CLUE what his point is anymore...

Bold Seagull

strong and stable with me, or...
Mar 18, 2010
Hove
The start of this thread, like the 'shambolic' one before it, appear to have a right dig at the club for no other reason that it being unable to cater for a supporters inability to organise themselves whether in advance of ticket sales, or financial preparation for that.

Is there anyone in this town whether a supporter of 50 years or 50 mins who at the start of this season didn't realise the last 3 games were going to be high demand? Then, was there anyone at Xmas who didn't think the last 3 games were going to be a bit more in demand than the start of the season?

I don't think any club even if it's operating in some kind of ideological marxist utopia with it's pricing, can accommodate supporters who simply turn up expecting a ticket to be there for them when the club itself at the start of the season has prepared everyone for the eventual ticketing priority.

Falmer

Banned
Nov 22, 2010
Earth
1 - "The club aren't thinking of the supporters"
2 - "I dont blame the club"
3 - "Here's a list of articles about how supports are being priced out of the game"

I don't think he has a CLUE what his point is anymore...

I dont have a clue about your word twisting.

1. the loyal match day ticket buyers aren't getting enouh recognition
2. I dont blame the club for my poor financial situation
3. other examples to back my debate up.

Gazwag

5 millionth post poster
Mar 4, 2004
Bexhill-on-Sea
Out of interest did you attend the Chesterfield Championship winning game, Swindon play off semi and the Man City game, arguble the highest profile games at Withdean

Easy 10

Brain dead MUG SHEEP
Jul 5, 2003
Location Location
This is getting boring now.

The club are not in any way favouring "rich" supporters - the OP has not been priced out of the last games at Withdean, he just didn't get his arse into gear.

Neither has the OP been priced out of the Amex, in fact he now has every opportunity to be paying LESS each month than he has been doing for Withdean.

Strikes me that Falmer has simply got the arseache for not being organised enough to sort his tickets out for the last games when he had the chance to, and now wants to blame the club with a "woe-is-me" whinge about it.

brunswick

Aug 13, 2004
the club is moving upwards.....hence corporate tickets and ST sales to non loyal supporters are all good.

as we are about to become a near premiership side in the coming years......marketing and revenue is the key - sign of the times.

Falmer

Banned
Nov 22, 2010
Earth
This is getting boring now.

The club are not in any way favouring "rich" supporters - the OP has not been priced out of the last games at Withdean, he just didn't get his arse into gear.

Neither has the OP been priced out of the Amex, in fact he now has every opportunity to be paying LESS each month than he has been doing for Withdean.

Strikes me that Falmer has simply got the arseache for not being organised enough to sort his tickets out for the last games when he had the chance to, and now wants to blame the club with a "woe-is-me" whinge about it.

Its who gets the pirority for in-demand tickets which I dont like.

Publius Ovidius

Jul 5, 2003
at home
Well said. If you can't afford £30-£40 per month for the direct debit, you probably shouldn't be going anyway.

and that my dear friends takes the biscuit.

blimey has football in this country come to this?

I hope that this thread in a few years time if we are stuggling in div 3 doesnt come back to bite some of the " tough shit" brigade on here.

Bold Seagull

strong and stable with me, or...
Mar 18, 2010
Hove

You mean;
1) Supporters who bought tickets for the 1st 3 games of the season
2) Blue members (+Young Seagulls)
3) Season Ticket Holders +2
4) General sale

Finance is one thing, but I'm surprised you couldn't sort yourself out using priority 1 to 3. Like others are saying, you needed to be on the ball which clearly you weren't where most others were.

Publius Ovidius

Jul 5, 2003
at home
The start of this thread, like the 'shambolic' one before it, appear to have a right dig at the club for no other reason that it being unable to cater for a supporters inability to organise themselves whether in advance of ticket sales, or financial preparation for that.

Is there anyone in this town whether a supporter of 50 years or 50 mins who at the start of this season didn't realise the last 3 games were going to be high demand? Then, was there anyone at Xmas who didn't think the last 3 games were going to be a bit more in demand than the start of the season?

I don't think any club even if it's operating in some kind of ideological marxist utopia with it's pricing, can accommodate supporters who simply turn up expecting a ticket to be there for them when the club itself at the start of the season has prepared everyone for the eventual ticketing priority.

the whole point of this is that the club chose to give STH's the opportunity to buy 2 extra tickets for 3 high profile games for who knows who! Is that fair?

Simster

"the man's an arse"
Jul 7, 2003
Surrey

With respect, that is not how your first post sounded to me. You started talking about how you'd been going to Gillingham and away trips to Carlisle and therefore deserved to be treated better. The general response has been to get a season ticket on DD like everybody else.

And Dave, how exactly does that take the biscuit? £30-40 is perfectly affordable for 2-3 games a month. I say this as someone who hasn't often been to Withers in recent seasons purely for financial reasons...

Pantani

Il Pirata
Dec 3, 2008
Newcastle
So everyone who buys a season ticket has an income of 650 quid a month? pays 400 p/m rent which leaves 250 quid for food, bills, pubic transport and a seaon ticket?

You cannot be working full time. If you are only taking home £650 a month you would be earning £4.18 an hour if you worked 40 hours. Can I suggest getting another job? If you love the Albion so much an extra evening job, say 5 hours in a bar at £6 ph would earn you your season ticket (well you would have to find an extra £2). Or living somewhere cheaper? What you take home just cannot be right as your yearly earnings are only £8,700, so you are entitled to housing benefit. Basically what you are saying just does not add up. It is impossible for a working person in this country to earn as little as you, unless you do not work full time. In which case why should someone who only works part time be entitled to football tickets?

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here