Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Supporters who aren't rich are not required.

Austrian Gull

Feb 5, 2009
Linz, Austria
A bit late to the party I know but here's my take on this:

I knew I would be in the country just for the Southampton game.
I read the ticket arrangements.
I asked some friends with season tickets to buy a ticket for me.
I have a ticket.

It's not bloody rocket science, is it?

You can debate about the fairness of the arrangements but priced out? Same price as ever.

WhingForPresident

NSC Patron
Feb 23, 2009
Marlborough

Attachments

• brick-loud-noises-b.jpg
    brick-loud-noises-b.jpg
    53.7 KB · Views: 103

So everyone who buys a season ticket has an income of 650 quid a month? pays 400 p/m rent which leaves 250 quid for food, bills, pubic transport and a seaon ticket?

My UK rent was £700, then council tax and food bills and the car..... Sweden is comparatively cheap!

My point is that living in the UK is not inexpensive, and so getting the bread together to cover entertainment, i.e. social expenses like football or seeing a movie or band, isn't something everyone can just flippantly cover without batting an eye.

Still, the club has also to survive and thrive - at least breaking even if they're not to be considered irresponsible in today's financial environment. BHAFC has been frugal enough to enable existence despite the odds against, but of course someone has to keep those books balanced.
Undoubtably there's a minimum crowd requirement for Amex to be balanced, and the whole crux is to up the profile in the game, so that sponsors and tv pour more £££ into the club - enabling buying players ......and drawing crowds.
Our club's marketing policies haven't exhibited GREED by any stretch of the imagination, nor exclusivity as an exception - so this thread should be more about the general cost of living than one business's way to get your bums on seats (imo).

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here