Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Supporters who aren't rich are not required.

Brovion

In my defence, I was left unsupervised.
NSC Patron
Jul 6, 2003
... but I just don't think Brovian highlighting £340 as his cost is a particularly honest way to make the point that it is an expensive outlay, when half of those people are of working age and capable of paying their own way.
You wait until yours are students! They wouldn't have had the money up front but they'd have promised me faithfully they'd pay me back. I'd have got the tickets - and then I'll still be asking for the money long after Tony Bloom's had his stadium loan paid back in full.

In the 'old days' of course it wouldn't have mattered, but at today's prices it was a fair wedge to splash out. Anyway we're back to 'choices' again.

Simster

"the man's an arse"
Jul 7, 2003
Surrey
You wait until yours are students! They wouldn't have had the money up front but they'd have promised me faithfully they'd pay me back. I'd have got the tickets - and then I'll still be asking for the money long after Tony Bloom's had his stadium loan paid back in full.

In the 'old days' of course it wouldn't have mattered, but at today's prices it was a fair wedge to splash out. Anyway we're back to 'choices' again.
we are indeed, and I didn't meant to be rude mate. :thumbsup:

Falmer

Banned
Nov 22, 2010
Earth
You want something more opinionated from me? Certainly. You're a whinging, whining misery who hasn't managed to understand the basics of corporate marketing. You've got nothing to say, but you still insist on saying it.

However, as an opinion in response to your original post, the fact that you went to all these places in the past is irrelevant. The fact that you didn't sort yourself out for a ticket now it what's relevant. Everything else is just noise.

When I ask you for an opinion, why does it have to be based on my apparant disadvantages and weaknesses? why does everything you write have to be so uptight and personal? why are you being so negative? why is someone elses issues bothering you this bad? why does an understanding of basic corpate marketing need to be compulsory in being able to afford upfront payments for future fixtures? why have you read through my posts in search of something to unhide? why have you referred to words typed on a screen as 'noise'? why are you even bothering with me?

sir albion

Jan 6, 2007
SWINDON
Its a bargain and the DD each month is a gods send for many poorer fans:)

Nout to moan about although i would guess the low general sale's of 900 is whats pissing people off,so many fans like to pick and choose and now can't because of a small capacity and loads of season tickets.

Gets thats life

CliveWalkerWingWizard

Aug 31, 2006
surrenden
i feel the same way about bands - I mean I supported Pink Floyd since I was 12 and Roger Waters wants HOW much for a ticket?
And now I have to get in the line on the day of sale or miss out?

I should bring my copy of Piper at Gates of Dawn and tear it up in front of the box office unless they reserve a front row seat at the £1.50 price when I first saw them :rant:

No sell your copy and you could afford to take a mate !

Falmer

Banned
Nov 22, 2010
Earth
No sell your copy and you could afford to take a mate !

I would buy it but I just dont have the income. Bloody joke as I've through the years purchased The Division Bell, Music from the film More ,Atom mother Heart Bomb, The Wall, A momentary lapse of reason, the final cut and obscured by clouds. I hate all the albulms especially the pretencious ones ie the final cut. But as a fan I will pay my services, bloody joke they've given all the tickets for their next gig to people only who purchased Wished you were here!.

Hiney

Super Moderator
Helpful Moderator
Jul 5, 2003
Penrose, Cornwall
How exactly WOULD you suggest the club prioritise tickets for the last 3 games?

You've done a lot of whinging about how unfair it is and how your loyalty over the years should guarantee you one but how exactly do you think the club should have played this?

I'm genuinely interested in this because my personal view is that they've done pretty much all they can

Falmer

Banned
Nov 22, 2010
Earth

You've done a lot of whinging about how unfair it is and how your loyalty over the years should guarantee you one but how exactly do you think the club should have played this?

I'm genuinely interested in this because my personal view is that they've done pretty much all they can

Use the standard procedure they've been using the whole time they've been at Withdean. Release the match tickets individually, no one gets pirority and this includes season ticket holders. If you've got a ticket why do you need another? .

Feb 24, 2011
Upper Bevendean
Fella, a lot of people would have loved to have tickets for the last games, but there os obviously not enough to go round. Its kinda obvious really. All the moaning won't get you anywhere. People have given you a way to get a ST next season, but nobody can help you with the last games at Withdean. You are in the same boat as a lot of people. During the 80's I had about nine seasons of going home and away to EVERY game, but that doesn't entitle me to shit, and neither should it. I ain't having a pop mate, but what you are talking about is life. I wanted a season ticket for the Amex, and will want one every season for the rest of my life, and the only way I could afford it was to cancel my sky subscription. I hope you do find somebody to sell you a ticket, and I hope you enjoy the game. Can I respectfully say to you, be careful how you word things at the beginning and people may not get the wrong idea.

Sheebo

Jul 13, 2003

They should have kept tabs or done research on who's bought tickets this yr and categorised something like this (a points system per game may have been too much work)

Priority 1 - 15+ home tickets bought this season (per person)

Prority 2 - 10 to 15 tickets bought

Prority 3 - 5 to 10

Prority 4 - 1 to 5

This would have been fairest without doubt. None of this season ticket +2 bollocks - and certainly not blue or YOUNG SEAGULLS priority, as that's even worse. I know people who used their 3 yr olds accounts to get a ticket for the match - what a joke! I managed to wangle all the tickets i needed for both games btw so i'm not being atall bitter! That said if people were organised enough and persistant enough it's not that hard to get a ticket - i'm sure everyone knows current ST holders if they go to Withdean regularly.

seagullsovergrimsby

#cpfctinpotclub
Aug 21, 2005
Crap Town
You cannot be working full time. If you are only taking home £650 a month you would be earning £4.18 an hour if you worked 40 hours. Can I suggest getting another job? If you love the Albion so much an extra evening job, say 5 hours in a bar at £6 ph would earn you your season ticket (well you would have to find an extra £2). Or living somewhere cheaper? What you take home just cannot be right as your yearly earnings are only £8,700, so you are entitled to housing benefit. Basically what you are saying just does not add up. It is impossible for a working person in this country to earn as little as you, unless you do not work full time. In which case why should someone who only works part time be entitled to football tickets?
Many jobs are now minimum wage , you can work full time (32 hours a week is considered by lots of companies as a full time contract) so before stoppages that is only roughly £190 and on 35 hours £210. I personally have a part time contract and have to make up my hours with single rate overtime which varies week to week and seasonally as well. If I was in Falmer's position I would take the plunge and buy a ST on direct debit knowing I could go to some games and recoup some money when unexpected bills turn up by allowing someone I know to use the smartcard.

GT49er

NSC Patron
Feb 1, 2009
Gloucester
Come on! - don't be so damning of people who can't afford to go to football very often. Prices HAVE rocketed over the years and there are many of us out here who can't afford to go regularly. Travel ain't cheap, either.
IF I've got enough left in the kitty, I try to go to away games near where I live (Gloucester).....so that was Cheltenham and Hereford, before they inconsiderately got themselves relegated, Bristol and Swindon and the like. This year I'll be treating myself to Walsall away.....................
Prices at these clubs a). are usually a lot cheaper than Brighton home games, and b). are generally pay on the gate, so that yopu can decide on the day whether you've got enough money left. Also, apart from Hereford, these games can be reached using a senior rail card......sneer at me if you like, but pensioners paying maintenance have to take these considerations seriously. There's plenty of us for whom 'disposable income' is a rare commodity.

raymondbriggs

Dec 21, 2008
on a snowman plough
I got mine through my Grandsons "Gully's Gang" membership.
Bloody-johnny-come lately glory hunter,2 years watching the Albion and he gets priority over ME(old git.Goldstone,Gillingham,Withdean Veteran.Home and away since the late 60's.Ex North Stand Boot Boy)Falmer WSU.
But it is wrong I was able to manipulate the system and jump the queue.It was wrong that season ticket holders could purchase the +2
Priority should have been given to purchasers of early games tickets and based on the purchase history this season.
Season ticket holders hoovering up tickets for mates who have never been to Withdean is just wrong.

Last edited:

sir albion

Jan 6, 2007
SWINDON
Come on! - don't be so damning of people who can't afford to go to football very often. Prices HAVE rocketed over the years and there are many of us out here who can't afford to go regularly. Travel ain't cheap, either.
IF I've got enough left in the kitty, I try to go to away games near where I live (Gloucester).....so that was Cheltenham and Hereford, before they inconsiderately got themselves relegated, Bristol and Swindon and the like. This year I'll be treating myself to Walsall away.....................
Prices at these clubs a). are usually a lot cheaper than Brighton home games, and b). are generally pay on the gate, so that yopu can decide on the day whether you've got enough money left. Also, apart from Hereford, these games can be reached using a senior rail card......sneer at me if you like, but pensioners paying maintenance have to take these considerations seriously. There's plenty of us for whom 'disposable income' is a rare commodity.
Totally agree as the whole matchday experience is sadly a lot more than a price of a ticket to get in,travel, food and drink will also be a big factor:),

The Large One

Who's Next?
Jul 7, 2003
97.2FM
When I ask you for an opinion, why does it have to be based on my apparant disadvantages and weaknesses? why does everything you write have to be so uptight and personal? why are you being so negative? why is someone elses issues bothering you this bad? why does an understanding of basic corpate marketing need to be compulsory in being able to afford upfront payments for future fixtures? why have you read through my posts in search of something to unhide? why have you referred to words typed on a screen as 'noise'? why are you even bothering with me?

... Delilah.

Last edited:

Seagull on the wing

Sep 22, 2010
Hailsham
Yawn...I'm a pensioner who now lives for the Albion,therefore I go without other things that I want,thank Christ I'm not an Arsenal supporter at 47 pounds a match....for the record I have missed one home match in 13 years and cannot get to many away matches now...only 4 this season and will be going to Daggers 2morrow and hopefully Notts for the celebration.My point is if you want something,sacrifice something to get it...it just depends what is important to you....if you bought for the last 3 matches and could only go to one there are plenty of people who would bite your hand off for the other tickets,but I do feel for those who cannot afford to go,but do not expect the club to give you priority because you've been loyal,we;ve all been loyal one way or another!

getreal1

Aug 13, 2008
I supported this club through every type of condition and every standard we've been at whilst at tHe Withdean. I've travelled up to Carlisle and I've watched us lose at Gillingham. But yet I dont deserve to watch us play our last game at Withdean and I'll probably miss most of next season including the first game. Why? Not rich enough. Only just got the money to purchase both Hudderfield and Southampton tickets and already its sold out. So I'll be missing the 2 last games of the season and of Withdean regardless wether I've missed no more han 5/6 games over the last 12 years. As excited as I am about next season I'm also aware I probably wont see alot of the Albion anymore. We've my wages I'll never match the demands and upfont payments the club now require for matches as far as a month away.
Oh well, guess this is where some of the beauty ends for me. At least the rich can replace my support with well earned cash. Biggest joke is the guy across the rd from me has just got himself both a season ticket next season and a ticket for the 2 last games of the season. He supported West Ham last season!
If you can't afford the monthly amount for the new North Stand, I can't see how you've managed to fund so many home and away games as your post suggests. If you can't afford that then put simply you can't afford to watch professional football.

Falmer

Banned
Nov 22, 2010
Earth
peanuts-never-ever-ever-give-up-print-c12205001.jpg

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here