Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Supporters who aren't rich are not required.

Bold Seagull

strong and stable with me, or...
Mar 18, 2010
Hove
the whole point of this is that the club chose to give STH's the opportunity to buy 2 extra tickets for 3 high profile games for who knows who! Is that fair?

AFTER:
1) people that bought tickets for the first 3 games
2) blue members etc.

ST's only got a chance for their +2's after that. You pays your money you takes your chance.

Falmer

Banned
Nov 22, 2010
Earth
With respect, that is not how your first post sounded to me. You started talking about how you'd been going to Gillingham and away trips to Carlisle and therefore deserved to be treated better. The general response has been to get a season ticket on DD like everybody else.

And Dave, how exactly does that take the biscuit? £30-40 is perfectly affordable for 2-3 games a month. I say this as someone who hasn't often been to Withers in recent seasons purely for financial reasons...

I was just letting you all know I've been watching the Albion for some time in some of the worst places. Not mentioned once that I should get piority but just some recognition especially for the futur big games of this club

Tim Over Whelmed

NSC Patron
Jul 24, 2007
Arundel

Tim Over Whelmed

NSC Patron
Jul 24, 2007
Arundel
and of course increasing your post count!

Publius Ovidius

Jul 5, 2003
at home
With respect, that is not how your first post sounded to me. You started talking about how you'd been going to Gillingham and away trips to Carlisle and therefore deserved to be treated better. The general response has been to get a season ticket on DD like everybody else.

And Dave, how exactly does that take the biscuit? £30-40 is perfectly affordable for 2-3 games a month. I say this as someone who hasn't often been to Withers in recent seasons purely for financial reasons...

But that is not the point,....the club said to get tickets for the last game you had to buy 3.....so that is £75....if you go with family like someone said on here that was shed loads to pay out at one go..my point about Southamptons post was if he couldnt afford to pay that, he didnt deserve to go....what sort iof bollocks is that?

Thunder Bolt

Silly old bat
20,000 season tickets next season, 2 seasons ago we were getting under 5000 attendances. Loyal my arse.

We haven't sold that many yet and you can still be one of them. You disqualified yourself because you didn't think you could manage a direct debit.

Simster

"the man's an arse"
Jul 7, 2003
Surrey
But that is not the point,....the club said to get tickets for the last game you had to buy 3.....so that is £75....if you go with family like someone said on here that was shed loads to pay out at one go..my point about Southamptons post was if he couldnt afford to pay that, he didnt deserve to go....what sort iof bollocks is that?
But you said "this takes the biscuit" to the point that you shouldn't go if you can't afford £30 a month. I was simply responding to that.

I actually agree with you regarding the multibuy idea. I can however, understand the club's reasoning. They don't want the hassle of handling the ticketing for three individual matches when presumably there is an awful lot of admin generated and by 18,000 new season ticket holders which they need to clear.

Rookie

Greetings
Feb 8, 2005
Its who gets the pirority for in-demand tickets which I dont like.

but if you went to the first 3 games you were given the chance to have priority. If you failed to take that up the club cannot in any way be blamed for selling the tickets elsewhere

Bold Seagull

strong and stable with me, or...
Mar 18, 2010
Hove
But you said "this takes the biscuit" to the point that you shouldn't go if you can't afford £30 a month. I was simply responding to that.

I actually agree with you regarding the multibuy idea. I can however, understand the club's reasoning. They don't want the hassle of handling the ticketing for three individual matches when presumably there is an awful lot of admin generated and by 18,000 new season ticket holders which they need to clear.

and also prioritising those supporters wanting to go to all 3 of the final games, rather than just the last. seems fair to me that those willing to go to 3 in a row get priority over those that only want to go to 1.

Brovion

In my defence, I was left unsupervised.
NSC Patron
Jul 6, 2003
...if you go with family like someone said on here that was shed loads to pay out at one go.....
It was me that said that. I'd have to buy three lots of four tickets - no concessions as my two are over 18 and students. That would be the thick end of £340. I didn't buy the tickets because I couldn't afford it, nothing about not being organised or not knowing who had priority over who - I was priced out pure and simple. Consequently I do have an element of sympathy with the OP, purely on financial grounds

Easy 10

Brain dead MUG SHEEP
Jul 5, 2003
Location Location
I was just letting you all know I've been watching the Albion for some time in some of the worst places. Not mentioned once that I should get piority but just some recognition especially for the futur big games of this club

Now you've lost me. You don't want priority, but you want some 'recognition' for the big games in future.

Whats the difference ? What form does this 'recognition' need to take from the club to satisfy you ?

The Large One

Who's Next?
Jul 7, 2003
97.2FM
If I said white you would say black, if I said good you would say bad. Can't be arsed with this mate, you've already put my NSC profile on this thread without seeing the humour, you've labelled me as someone who's uncapable of planning and piriotising and you've also responded to everyone of my comments in an argumentative fashion. Look i dont care about this as much as you and I'm sorry for using the term 'rich' in describing all these fans who weren't here 2 years ago.
Now I know your going to respond but lets have something abit more opinionated rather than attacking, mondays aren't the nicest but no need to go nit-picking on someone ho's pissed off by not getting tickets for games others will be at who would of chosen AC Milan v Arsenal on a tuesday night over Brighton any day

You want something more opinionated from me? Certainly. You're a whinging, whining misery who hasn't managed to understand the basics of corporate marketing. You've got nothing to say, but you still insist on saying it.

However, as an opinion in response to your original post, the fact that you went to all these places in the past is irrelevant. The fact that you didn't sort yourself out for a ticket now it what's relevant. Everything else is just noise.

Publius Ovidius

Jul 5, 2003
at home
to understand the basics of corporate marketing. .

So that is what football has come down to is it Al? Corporate marketing.

well, pass me my prawn sandwich, I want to jump on board this new utopia....Oh hang on, didnt we play a team whose fans threw that idea out?

Simster

"the man's an arse"
Jul 7, 2003
Surrey
It was me that said that. I'd have to buy three lots of four tickets - no concessions as my two are over 18 and students. That would be the thick end of £340. I didn't buy the tickets because I couldn't afford it, nothing about not being organised or not knowing who had priority over who - I was priced out pure and simple. Consequently I do have an element of sympathy with the OP, purely on financial grounds
This seems a bit of a strawman argument to me - half of the party you are including in your example are adults of working age so most people will have little sympathy for the fact that you are annoyed that you can't subsidise their lifestyles.

It's like saying I'd like to pay for my mate and his family to come to EuroDisney with me and my family, but I can't afford it because I'd be looking at the thick end of a grand.

Publius Ovidius

Jul 5, 2003
at home
to be fair we dont know Brovian's circumstances...it may be that in some cases people do not have that money to hand at the time...I suppose its NSC's argument that they can all go and f*** off as its now a corporate business and tough shit?

Easy 10

Brain dead MUG SHEEP
Jul 5, 2003
Location Location
to be fair we dont know Brovian's circumstances...it may be that in some cases people do not have that money to hand at the time...I suppose its NSC's argument that they can all go and f*** off as its now a corporate business and tough shit?

Come on Dave, the club have been pretty reasonable I think.

Anyone who's organised enough has had plenty of opportunity to get themselves a ticket for these last few games. If the club suddenly out of the blue decided to stick a tenner on the price of the tickets because they knew they'd still sell out anyway, THEN I think you'd have a case for arguing that the club are ripping off its loyal fans. But as it stands, I can't see they've done anything wrong here. Anyone desperate to get to these last games has had EVERY opportunity of sorting it.

hans kraay fan club

The voice of reason.
Helpful Moderator
Mar 16, 2005
Chandlers Ford
So everyone who buys a season ticket has an income of 650 quid a month? pays 400 p/m rent which leaves 250 quid for food, bills, pubic transport and a seaon ticket?

Where does this pubic transport take you? Anywhere exotic??

Brovion

In my defence, I was left unsupervised.
NSC Patron
Jul 6, 2003
This seems a bit of a strawman argument to me - half of the party you are including in your example are adults of working age so most people will have little sympathy for the fact that you are annoyed that you can't subsidise their lifestyles.

It's like saying I'd like to pay for my mate and his family to come to EuroDisney with me and my family, but I can't afford it because I'd be looking at the thick end of a grand.
I didn't say I was annoyed. And you're right, they haven't got zero cash, they both work part-time to fund their studies and I could insist that if they wanted to come to the football they had better come up with £90 each or I'll go without them. Indeed I HAVE said that in the past, but something always seems to come up. (Maybe I'm a soft touch!) I could have also cancelled my Sky subscription at the start of the season and saved the money that way but I chose not to.

So yeah, my choice to buy their tickets, no one else's and my decision that it was too expensive to buy twelve. But in my defence I haven't started any threads moaning about how unfair it is.

Publius Ovidius

Jul 5, 2003
at home
Come on Dave, the club have been pretty reasonable I think.

Anyone who's organised enough has had plenty of opportunity to get themselves a ticket for these last few games. If the club suddenly out of the blue decided to stick a tenner on the price of the tickets because they knew they'd still sell out anyway, THEN I think you'd have a case for arguing that the club are ripping off its loyal fans. But as it stands, I can't see they've done anything wrong here. Anyone desperate to get to these last games has had EVERY opportunity of sorting it.

true...BUT I want Al to tell me about corporate land we are now in!

Simster

"the man's an arse"
Jul 7, 2003
Surrey
Eh? He just told us his circumstances didn't he? Two kids, over 18, who are students.

I agree that being able to buy up to 2 tix for *anyone* for the last 3 games is completely wrong, but I just don't think Brovian highlighting £340 as his cost is a particularly honest way to make the point that it is an expensive outlay, when half of those people are of working age and capable of paying their own way.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here