Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Supporters who aren't rich are not required.

Falmer

Banned
Nov 22, 2010
Earth
No more gullible than your approach to budgeting and prioritising.

Piroritising and budgetting? well i've managed to buy match tickets regulary for the last 12 years. I can't be that bad. Believing someone would re-name their son Dicker and get their wife to tattoe Zamora 25 on her neck, in my eyes is a bigger sign of stupidity.

The Large One

Who's Next?
Jul 7, 2003
97.2FM
Piroritising and budgetting? well i've managed to buy match tickets regulary for the last 12 years. I can't be that bad. Believing someone would re-name their son Dicker and get their wife to tattoe Zamora 25 on her neck, in my eyes is a bigger sign of stupidity.

Paying the over-the-top price only a rich person would do. Have you worked out how out of pocket you are having attended over 260 of the 270 matches played at Withdean on the full price? Now who's the rich one?

And if you're going to indulge in irony, it's best not to sully that by grizzling about your hopeless financial planning in public.

Muzzy

Jan 25, 2011
Lewes
I just wish Andrex would reduce their prices to enable me to have a comfy shit! poxy budgeting drives me mad too lol

Acker79

NSC Patron
Nov 15, 2008
Brighton
Its why I can't afford a season ticket, I'm not blaiming the club for that. I'm pissed off that I'm missing the last 2 fixture which only went on sale today and have already sold out, because I basically can't afford a season ticket. Why should season ticket holders be allowed to purchase an extra 2 tickets over a ordinary match ticket buyer? MONEY!

What about blue membership? One off payment of £30 would have given you priority, I believe. Season tickets weren't the only way. Going to almost all the games, have you not developed any friendships with other sth who could have helped you out?

Falmer

Banned
Nov 22, 2010
Earth
Paying the over-the-top price only a rich person would do. Have you worked out how out of pocket you are having attended over 260 of the 270 matches played at Withdean on the full price? Now who's the rich one?

And if you're going to indulge in irony, it's best not to sully that by grizzling about your hopeless financial planning in public.

What is your issue with match ticket buyers? you seem to have it in your head that match ticket buyers can't budget or pirotise. You also have it that I've come on here to cry about my low income when as you'll see my income only came into the equasion when aked why I dont buy a season ticket. A very fair point by myself.
Your argument on here actually has nothing to do with my point of match ticket buyers not getting any loalty rewards, instead you have just got personal about mentioning my 'hopless financal planning' when you know nothing of me. Sad that you even copried and pasted my NSC profile but sadder that you seem more upset about this thread than I am about missing the Withdeans last eve match.
If I were you I would find a girlfriend, then you would know what pioritising really means. It might make your outlook on life seem abit nicer too.

Westdene Seagull

aka Cap'n Carl Firecrotch
NSC Patron
Oct 27, 2003
The arse end of Hangleton
I didn't know this, thanks. I will def consider this.

Sorry but I struggle to believe that someone who is 25 and who has the financial commitments you've mentioned doesn't understand how a direct debit works !

One problem with the current generations ( and mine ) is that everyone expects everything now. Previous generations would have had to have saved money over a period of time to buy luxuries ( and football IS a luxury ). Here's a suggestion - on the assumption you manage to buy tickets next season, only go to a match once a month. Then put the savings you've made into a savings account - it will be more than enough to buy a season ticket the next season and you can carry on saving during that season in the knowledge that you'll be able to buy another season ticket for the next season - repeat season on season and hey presto - you get to go to EVERY home match.

mejonaNO12 aka riskit

Dec 4, 2003
England
You also have it that I've come on here to cry about my low income when as you'll see my income only came into the equasion when aked why I dont buy a season ticket.

Your thread title is "Supporters who aren't rich are not required"

As peoples finances are basically their INCOME then I would suggest you raised it in the title.

Falmer

Banned
Nov 22, 2010
Earth
Sorry but I struggle to believe that someone who is 25 and who has the financial commitments you've mentioned doesn't understand how a direct debit works !

I have a direct debit with Natwest as a loan, this direct debit can't be stopped. This is why i presumed it wouldn't with anysort of purchase which didn't offer refund

Falmer

Banned
Nov 22, 2010
Earth

As peoples finances are basically their INCOME then I would suggest you raised it in the title.

being rich or not rich isn't really pinpointing someones exact income is it? My point has actually been raised at a number of other clubs about the working class man being priced out of the modern day game. I dont think I need to change the title.

Westdene Seagull

aka Cap'n Carl Firecrotch
NSC Patron
Oct 27, 2003
The arse end of Hangleton
I have a direct debit with Natwest as a loan, this direct debit can't be stopped. This is why i presumed it wouldn't with anysort of purchase which didn't offer refund

Sorry but EVERY direct debit can be stopped - it's just the consequences are different depending what the DD was for. With a loan you would blacken your credit record but there is absolutely nothing stopping you canceling it online or over the phone.

Falmer

Banned
Nov 22, 2010
Earth
Sorry but EVERY direct debit can be stopped - it's just the consequences are different depending what the DD was for. With a loan you would blacken your credit record but there is absolutely nothing stopping you canceling it online or over the phone.

I bank with Natwest and have a loan with them. All I can do to avoid the direct debit is freeze my account which I wont. Not all direct debits can be cancelled by contract.

The Large One

Who's Next?
Jul 7, 2003
97.2FM
What is your issue with match ticket buyers? you seem to have it in your head that match ticket buyers can't budget or pirotise. You also have it that I've come on here to cry about my low income when as you'll see my income only came into the equasion when aked why I dont buy a season ticket. A very fair point by myself.
Your argument on here actually has nothing to do with my point of match ticket buyers not getting any loalty rewards, instead you have just got personal about mentioning my 'hopless financal planning' when you know nothing of me. Sad that you even copried and pasted my NSC profile but sadder that you seem more upset about this thread than I am about missing the Withdeans last eve match.
If I were you I would find a girlfriend, then you would know what pioritising really means. It might make your outlook on life seem abit nicer too.

Sweet Jesus. It's hard to know where to start... :facepalm:

Next time you insult the rest of your fellow Albion supporters being labelling them 'rich' for being able to sort themselves out, do it with a little more dignity.

Hunting 784561

Jul 8, 2003
To be fair, no one knows what the clubs stance is on cancelled ST DDs. I find it hard to believe that they would just let it go.

The 1901 Club for example is a 5 year financial commitment, and you cant just stop paying if you fall on hard times.

mcshane in the 79th

Nov 4, 2005
Its why I can't afford a season ticket, I'm not blaiming the club for that. I'm pissed off that I'm missing the last 2 fixture which only went on sale today and have already sold out, because I basically can't afford a season ticket. Why should season ticket holders be allowed to purchase an extra 2 tickets over a ordinary match ticket buyer? MONEY!

Certain phrases in your first post and thread title suggest otherwise

mcshane in the 79th

Nov 4, 2005
being rich or not rich isn't really pinpointing someones exact income is it? My point has actually been raised at a number of other clubs about the working class man being priced out of the modern day game. I dont think I need to change the title.

Sorry but £40 a month for what's likely to be Championship football, in a brand new stadium with a lot of money being pumped in, is not exactly pricing the working class out the game is it?

Thunder Bolt

Silly old bat

Blimey the bloke got it wrong, does he have to endure an inquisition? He knows now.

Gazwag

5 millionth post poster
Mar 4, 2004
Bexhill-on-Sea
All this "stop the DD and everything will be fine" option is a bit rich to be honest.

I hope that if the club finds that after the first month a load of STH's decide to break their contract they will sue them for the full cost of the ticket, because that is what you are buying a SEASON ticket not a "great I have been there for the first game so I happy" ticket.

If a load of supporters do this then not only does this stop the Falmer's of this world getting the chance to buy a match by match ticket but the club could decide next year to stop this and go back to the old system.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here