Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Supporters who aren't rich are not required.

WATFORD zero

NSC Patron
Jul 10, 2003
I think i may have a way forward for you Falmer

Buy a season ticket for Falmer and pay by Direct Debit
If you lose your job, cancel the DD and don't go to the football
If you keep your job, go to the football and use the money you saved not buying individual tickets to buy a beer or pie on the day
(between you and me, i suspect there may be a few thousand others with the same plan :thumbsup:)

Huple

Unregistered
May 28, 2008
Standish Sanatarium
I think everyone should change their username to places that they are never going to get the chance to go too.
My new name is going to be Timbuctoo or Charlize Therons inner thigh.

Falmer indeed.

Falmer

Banned
Nov 22, 2010
Earth
I think everyone should change their username to places that they are never going to get the chance to go too.
My new name is going to be Timbuctoo or Charlize Therons inner thigh.

Falmer indeed.

I think Live at the Apollo would suit you more.

mejonaNO12 aka riskit

Dec 4, 2003
England
becaus eI could be made redundant this summer and the risk of setting up direct debits onb my account would be too riskey.

This HAS to be a joke.

Surely NO ONE can be THAT stupid to claim a football club is making their tickets too expensive because they might be out of work!

PLEASE.

In that case you should also complain to your landlord, supermarket, clothes shops, food outlets, bus company etc etc etc because they are all charging too much for someone that would have a £0 income.

SOME PEOPLE

Falmer

Banned
Nov 22, 2010
Earth
I think i may have a way forward for you Falmer

Buy a season ticket for Falmer and pay by Direct Debit
If you lose your job, cancel the DD and don't go to the football
If you keep your job, go to the football and use the money you saved not buying individual tickets to buy a beer or pie on the day
(between you and me, i suspect there may be a few thousand others with the same plan :thumbsup:)

Thanks, this has made me alot more positive about getting to that first game.

Falmer

Banned
Nov 22, 2010
Earth
This HAS to be a joke.

Surely NO ONE can be THAT stupid to claim a football club is making their tickets too expensive because they might be out of work!

PLEASE.

In that case you should also complain to your landlord, supermarket, clothes shops, food outlets, bus company etc etc etc because they are all charging too much for someone that would have a £0 income.

SOME PEOPLE

And surely your right. No one is making that claim other than your argumentative perseption of someones financial situation not matching the cost of a seaon ticket meaning little chance of watching the big games.

Superphil

Dismember
Jul 7, 2003
In a pile of football shirts
Presumably, when a month comes along where money is tight, car service, Christmas, whatever, then that month Falmer spends £0 as that's just how it is. Whereas a DD commits you to that payment each and every month no matter what has leaked out of the car and needs fixing.

But he's only missed 4/5 games in the past 12 years, if he gets a ticket for Flamer (£33 a month) and finds he can't go to one game, well, for starters he's still going to be better off than he has been for the past 12 years, but secondly, he just sells his ticket for the games when he needs the £33, he won't be short of takers will he?

les dynam

Oct 10, 2008
Hove
is it really £33 a month for a north stand season ticket? that's a bargain.

i have a ST, but paid upfront so didn't really take much notice of the DD option. i have to say, £33 every month is a bloody good deal - well done to the club for offering this option.

Thunder Bolt

Silly old bat
Thanks, this has made me alot more positive about getting to that first game.

Good, ignore the ones who have had a go at you and book your season ticket presentation. You might not get made redundant and you can get to Falmer. Nsc has helped again.

The Large One

Who's Next?
Jul 7, 2003
97.2FM
But he's only missed 4/5 games in the past 12 years, if he gets a ticket for Flamer (£33 a month) and finds he can't go to one game, well, for starters he's still going to be better off than he has been for the past 12 years, but secondly, he just sells his ticket for the games when he needs the £33, he won't be short of takers will he?

And you can shut up with your sensible logic shit.

Tony Meolas Loan Spell

Slut Faced Whores
Jul 15, 2004
Vamanos Pest
Why should season ticket holders be allowed to purchase an extra 2 tickets over a ordinary match ticket buyer? MONEY!

Yes indeed. The higher up the leagues you go its nothing but all season tix.

Im sure that in the coming months the club will have a dilemma - sell those 900 (or whatever) as STs or keep on general sale. As a BUSINESS I know which I would do.

Alot of the time its early rounds of cup matches where general sale comes into play.

Thats what happens when a club becomes successful, the only way to 100% guarantee a seat is to become a STH. Anything else and you just have to take your chances.

Mellotron

I've asked for soup
Jul 2, 2008
Brighton
Why do these threads ALWAYS begin with a sentence along the lines of:

"I walked for 40 days and 40 nights to a Hartlepool away game in 1976 and therefore deserve things."

upthealbion1970

bring on the trumpets....
NSC Patron
Jan 22, 2009
Woodingdean
With my income, I dont have anything to save from. I can only afford to pay by match. Otherwise I would have to sacrifice the more important things in life which i wont.

If you can afford £25 a ticket match by match you can afford a season ticket with a little forward planning.

Gritt23

Jul 7, 2003
Meopham, Kent.

That would make sense to you and I, but not everyone is the same. The difference between "paying when I can afford it" which happens to be most weeks and anything that involves a financial committment going forward can be Worlds apart for some people.

I do think it's a shame that we are in a position whereby a financial committment is so necessary in football these days, as what U16 would do anything like that unless it's with dad taking charge of it for them. In my case, my dad doesn't really like football, and certainly never went to the Goldstone. I just look at the current situation, and if I was growing up now rather than when I did, I don't know how I'd be getting to games at all.

That's what seems a real shame to me.

mejonaNO12 aka riskit

Dec 4, 2003
England

And surely your right. No one is making that claim other than your argumentative perseption of someones financial situation not matching the cost of a seaon ticket meaning little chance of watching the big games.

Nope. Sorry. I've tried 4 times and I still don't understand if that's a sentence or not.

Tony Meolas Loan Spell

Slut Faced Whores
Jul 15, 2004
Vamanos Pest
Why do these threads ALWAYS begin with a sentence along the lines of:

"I walked for 40 days and 40 nights to a Hartlepool away game in 1976 and therefore deserve things."

Oh and THIS

Easy 10

Brain dead MUG SHEEP
Jul 5, 2003
Location Location
Presumably, when a month comes along where money is tight, car service, Christmas, whatever, then that month Falmer spends £0 as that's just how it is. Whereas a DD commits you to that payment each and every month no matter what has leaked out of the car and needs fixing.

I think Falmer has a point, and it's something that worries me. The cost of football these days is HUGE and that leaves us with a whole generation of kids who unlike us, don't grow up able to afford to go to a game on the Saturday out of their paper-round money. Of course there are some "youngsters" at games, but i do worry about the next generation of fans, and whether football has simply priced them out of it. If they don't get into that glorious "habit" of going to live games, then the chances of them being lifers at the football is greatly reduced.

Take your point, but I don't think we can complain about the prices too much for the Amex. The club have, I think, done everything possible to make it as affordable as possible for everyone.

Where things HAVE changed is where unlike when we were in our teens, and we could just go along with our mates at the drop of a hat and turn up at the ground on the day. Kids are more reliant these days on dad taking them along, being as tickets for seats are more expensive and have to be purchased in advance. But we're not going to lose THIS generation, as I'm pretty sure once our lads are old enough and out earning, they'll carry on with their season tickets and help us old crusties up those 5 flights of stairs, and that'll be the case all around the stadium.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here