Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Striker crisis, it's not looking good

Gerbil

Nsc's most loved
Jul 6, 2003
Stalking Hayley
B.W. said:
As I thought... the same old excuses form the same old suspects...

I don't expect us to come up with 500k (even though we HAVE raked in £2M (as I said above), with another few hundred thousand to come from the Harding fee)...

What I DO expect is for us to compete for players like Tudgay and Burton, who went to Shef Wed for consdierably less than 1/2 a million...

Year in, year out, I renew my season ticket, I spend in the club shop, I travel to away games to give my support, etc. etc... amounts to hundreds of pounds every year...

Enough is enough... it has to be worth splashing a bit of cash NOW to make a reasonable attempt to stay in the CCC... as has previously been said, going down will cost us a hell of a lot more...

Think on that, and then play your cracked record again...

:thumbsup:

El Presidente

The ONLY Gay in Brighton
Helpful Moderator
Jul 5, 2003
Pattknull med Haksprut
Let's go for it BW, we all want McGhee to sign a player, but where do you suggest the money coming from?

Napper

Jul 9, 2003
Sussex
El Presidente said:
Let's go for it BW, we all want McGhee to sign a player, but where do you suggest the money coming from?

Knights wages
extra seats
harding money

ceratianly at least 1 of these is valid ,

Trigger

Jul 4, 2003
Brighton
El Presidente said:
I can think of £150k that Magoo wasted on a player he had already said was not good enough.

:angry: :angry: :angry:

El Presidente

The ONLY Gay in Brighton
Helpful Moderator
Jul 5, 2003
Pattknull med Haksprut
Dougal said:
Knights wages
extra seats
harding money

ceratianly at least 1 of these is valid ,

Depends on how much the overdraft is.

Everyone knows that El Turi has been a gamble that has backfired, but continually bleating about it is not going to turn around the financial decision.

Mourinho, Ferguson, Wenger et al have all made shite signings too, but they have got away with it by having open cheque books to sign further players.

y2dave

Jul 23, 2003
Bracknell
Heres some targets i've heard rumoured - most of whom are potentially available and realistic in terms of affordability:

Tim Sills - Aldershot
Chris Moore - Dagenham
Callum Willock - Posh
Craig Davies - Oxford

Also I'd consider a few more experienced players with a point to prove at a higher level. Probably more expensive.

Trevor Benjamin - Posh
Grazioli - Barnet
Richie Barker - Mansfield.
Michael Reddy - Grimsby

Tony Meolas Loan Spell

Slut Faced Whores
Jul 15, 2004
Vamanos Pest
y2dave said:

Lets have the bear back!!! He never got the chance to play at Withers :clap2: :clap2: :clap2:

Last edited:

Uncle Buck

Ghost Writer
Jul 7, 2003
y2dave said:
Heres some targets i've heard rumoured - most of whom are potentially available and realistic in terms of affordability:

Tim Sills - Aldershot
Chris Moore - Dagenham
Callum Willock - Posh
Craig Davies - Oxford

Also I'd consider a few more experienced players with a point to prove at a higher level. Probably more expensive.

Trevor Benjamin - Posh
Grazioli - Barnet
Michael Reddy - Grimsby

Sill has turned down a move to Bristol Rovers in the past. The fact that other than Aldershot he has played a lot further down the pyramid (Basingstoke I think) suggests he is probably not up to jumping 3 leagues. He has been around for a while as well.

I know nothing about Moore, as far as I can see with Willock he is a similar player with a similar scoring record to McCammon.

Trevor Benjamin is not a bad shout. Posh have their whole squad up for sale, he did well here first time and does have a point to prove. I wonder why we did not look at him in the past, but if the rumours are to be believed him and Knight did take advantage of the night life, so with Knight gone he might be OK.

Grazioli did not do much with Swindon in the league below. Barker, well never go back and he hardly scored many for Rotherham in this league, also he is the wrong side of 30 and a South Yorkshire lad so unlikely to come back South.

Reddy, again not sure.

Deportivo Seagull

I should coco
Jul 22, 2003
Mid Sussex
Trigger said:
I can think of £150k that Magoo wasted on a player he had already said was not good enough.

:angry: :angry: :angry:

And breath .......... Give it a break trigger, you're starting to sound like on old women

The Auditor

Sep 30, 2004
Villiers Terrace
Uncle Buck said:
. I wonder why we did not look at him in the past, but if the rumours are to be believed him and Knight did take advantage of the night life, so with Knight gone he might be OK.

That double act were alledgedly on the beers/shag all night prior to our 2-1 defeat at Grimsby a couple of seasons ago

Simon Morgan

Oct 30, 2004
Oxford
Tim Sills - Aldershot = don't know much about him, so not sure
Chris Moore - Dagenham = ditto
Callum Willock - Posh = a good player in my opinion, would be worth a gamble
Craig Davies - Oxford = dont know

Trevor Benjamin - Posh = not convinced he could do a job, could be worth the gamble again i spose
Grazioli - Barnet = has a decent scoring record, but probs not the man we're looking for
Richie Barker - Mansfield = its a nice idea, but can't see it happening. he is quite old now
Michael Reddy - Grimsby = yes please!

Deportivo Seagull

I should coco
Jul 22, 2003
Mid Sussex
B.W. said:
How do you know he wouldn't want to come back down south?... is Derby a better place to live than Brighton?... has he got family and friends down here?... do you actually know?...
Do you .... actually, if you think about it ... he's playing in a stadia that has this season got close to the 20K mark, he's likely to be paid very close to what he was on at Derby and as he's lived in the area for while now it might just be possible that he's settled down, as such wouldn't have to move from his existing house. Or as you so rightly pointed out, he can play in front of 6K crowds in an athletic stadium on a lot less than he is now and he's got the delights of moving his family back where house prices are stupid ... great ,I know which I would choose.

Lets face it, it's not about players in, as about getting at Mcghee. I was talking to a Leeds fan who went to the game (a guest of FDM), he lives near FDM. He cannot believe what a whinging bunch of ungreatful prats we are (I've toned it down), he thought leeds fans where moaners but appartently we are giving them a run for there money. he did say that we weren't anywhere near as bad as Spurs fans ... He can't believe we are still in the CCC, yet we are ....

paddy

Feb 2, 2005
London
I hate the continual excuses about a lack of money. Most clubs are in some sort of financial debt and still manage to buy players. Surely there is money left from Harding, Virgo and Knight's transfers.

Also i think Reddy could be the man we are looking for, about £200k to land him?

El Presidente

The ONLY Gay in Brighton
Helpful Moderator
Jul 5, 2003
Pattknull med Haksprut
paddy said:
I hate the continual excuses about a lack of money.

Can you remind me of how many clubs are playing in a division where the average crowd is 18,000 but they are playing in a shitheap with a 7,800 capacity, and have spend £3million fighting NIMBY's in order to secure a new ground?

algie

The moaning of life
Jan 8, 2006
In rehab
El Presidente said:
Can you remind me of how many clubs are playing in a division where the average crowd is 18,000 but they are playing in a shitheap with a 7,800 capacity, and have spend £3million fighting NIMBY's in order to secure a new ground?

Same old rubbish.This club has had plenty of money in the last year.Ithink alot of fans are getting a bit sick with the same old issues as to why we can't spend money.It's wearing a bit thin now.Come on Knight splash the cash

El Presidente

The ONLY Gay in Brighton
Helpful Moderator
Jul 5, 2003
Pattknull med Haksprut
algie said:
Same old rubbish.This club has had plenty of money in the last year.Ithink alot of fans are getting a bit sick with the same old issues as to why we can't spend money.It's wearing a bit thin now.Come on Knight splash the cash

Can you tell me what financial expertise/qualifications you possess?

Silent Bob

( ͡° ͜ʖ ͡°)
Dec 6, 2004
B.W. said:
How do you know he wouldn't want to come back down south?... is Derby a better place to live than Brighton?... has he got family and friends down here?... do you actually know?...
He's lived his whole life up north. He moved when he was a small kid, the fact he was born in Worthing is irellevent.

I notice you dodge the other reasons, that Sheffield Wednesday pay more, and have a stadium. :shootself

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here