Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Striker crisis, it's not looking good

BensGrandad

Jul 13, 2003
Haywards Heath
When fit I would play Hinshlewood just in front of Butters and McShane as Sven did with Ledley King as defensive midfielder protecting the defence.

I think that he has the speed, the tackling ability and the foresight to be able to do that job.

Da Man Clay

T'Blades
Dec 16, 2004
BensGrandad said:
Have you seen our goals against record 2nd worse in the Division.

Had we not conceeded so many we would be half way up the table irerespective of how few we have scored.

We need 16 clean sheets from now to stand a chance of staying up plus a few odd goals scored.
16 clean sheets is nowhere near what we need, if we get 8 i will be happy.

trueblue

Jul 5, 2003
Hove
BensGrandad said:
When fit I would play Hinshlewood just in front of Butters and McShane as Sven did with Ledley King as defensive midfielder protecting the defence.

I think that he has the speed, the tackling ability and the foresight to be able to do that job.

He didn't look very good in midfield last year when he was pushed forward to shackle Idiakez against Derby. In fact, it was a disaster.

BensGrandad

Jul 13, 2003
Haywards Heath
DAMANCLAY said:
16 clean sheets is nowhere near what we need, if we get 8 i will be happy.

If we only get 8 we will be relegated.

16 give us at least 16 points and then we only need to score 1 goal in 5 of those games and we are safe virtually.

BensGrandad

Jul 13, 2003
Haywards Heath
trueblue said:
He didn't look very good in midfield last year when he was pushed forward to shackle Idiakez against Derby. In fact, it was a disaster.

I wasnt thinking of a man marking job because he would get dragged around the field as happened against Derby but to sit in front of Butter and McShane and protect that area.

TSB

Captain Hindsight
Jul 7, 2003
Lansdowne Place, Hove
BensGrandad said:
If we only get 8 we will be relegated.

GOON!!!!

What happens if we win each game we keep a clean sheet in and lose all the rest????

Granted that the chances are low but it's not impossible...what's the point in stating something that isn't true?

That's something that kev would do!

BensGrandad

Jul 13, 2003
Haywards Heath
If we keep 8 clean sheets and win all of them we will get 24 points + our 28 which may be enough giving us 52 points.

If we keep 16 clean sheets we will get 16 points and then score 1 goal in each of five of the games that will give us 5 wins ( 1-0) and 11 draws (0-0) =26 points which will definitely be enough.

Who is the goon.

Da Man Clay

T'Blades
Dec 16, 2004
BensGrandad said:
If we keep 8 clean sheets and win all of them we will get 24 points + our 28 which may be enough giving us 52 points.

If we keep 16 clean sheets we will get 16 points and then score 1 goal in each of five of the games that will give us 5 wins ( 1-0) and 11 draws (0-0) =26 points which will definitely be enough.

Who is the goon.

To be fair, its you still. Football is a funny game, how many games have we won this season to the scoreline of ?-0? Plymouth And Palace. Which means we have won 3 when the other team have scored.

It will be nice to think we will get 16 clean sheets but to be honest you must be living in a world of make believe. There are 16 games left this season, if we keep 16 clean sheets i will streak accross Withdean. Our defensive record is poor, and i will be more than happy with 8 as would most people on this board.

perseus

Broad Blue & White stripe
Jul 5, 2003
Sūþseaxna
Transfer deadline this Tuesday.

Last edited:

perseus

Broad Blue & White stripe
Jul 5, 2003
Sūþseaxna
paddy said:
Be optimistic, i'm sure there has got to be some sort of striker lined up for us

Well, its not Brett Ormerod. He has gone elsewhere.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here