Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Striker crisis, it's not looking good

Paddy B

Jul 5, 2003
Horsham
Bromley shrimp said:
Thank you for the explanation. It was you, however, who came up with the £1 million pound (quarter of playing budget) figure, which would be lost from TV revenue if we were to go down. So you'd think that a relatively small investment, admittedley at additional risk to try and ensure Div 2 survival, this season could provide longer term security for the loan and that even a bank worth it's salt would respect the principle of speculate to accumulate.

TV revenue is a red herring. We would not lose £1million, only the difference betwen the Championship & League One TV money and that could be mostly offset by the inevitable wages cut

Deportivo Seagull said:
Lets face it, it's not about players in, as about getting at Mcghee. I was talking to a Leeds fan who went to the game (a guest of FDM), he lives near FDM. He cannot believe what a whinging bunch of ungreatful prats we are (I've toned it down), he thought leeds fans where moaners but appartently we are giving them a run for there money. he did say that we weren't anywhere near as bad as Spurs fans

:lolol:

:clap: :clap: :clap: :clap:

Last edited:

TSB

Captain Hindsight
Jul 7, 2003
Lansdowne Place, Hove
Ernest said:
If we do not sign a TRIED and TESTED ENGLISH striker by next Tuesday I confidently PREDICT a MASSIVE protest at the Burnely game :angry: :angry: :angry:

and i confidently predict you're wrong

TSB

Captain Hindsight
Jul 7, 2003
Lansdowne Place, Hove
algie said:
Spot on.If we can sign Kitson then there's no excuse.Wait for certain people to go on about the ground and bollox YAWN

Yeah,let's get another kitson...that'll really help our cause!!!

Kitson came here to get paid money for sitting on his arse and he did...i don't think the club want to make that mistake again:salute:

Ernest said:
If we do not sign a TRIED and TESTED ENGLISH striker by next Tuesday I confidently PREDICT a MASSIVE protest at the Burnely game :angry: :angry: :angry:
Cheer up, at least Burnley have lost their TRIED and TESTED ENGLISH striker today, was hoping that would happen :clap: :clap: :clap:

Da Man Clay

T'Blades
Dec 16, 2004
B.W. said:
Ever the optimist!... I would also disagree that we have only signed 2 CCC-standard players... look at our current 1st team and have a re-think on that...

Ok go on then, Players that we have signed (e.g. made them our player not on loan) I think the only two that would walk into another side is CKR and Currie.

Carole and Frutos are good players but they wouldnt alk into any other side in this league.

Bromley shrimp

Aug 24, 2003
Beckenham, Kent
El Presidente said:
I know where you are coming from on the spend a little to save a lot front.

I think the problem is that we don't have a little to spend at present. To get the striker we need to stay up it will cost a minimum of (say) £200k up front, with wages of about £4k a week on a 2 1/2 year contract. That would be a total outlay of £700k to save £1million, with no guarantee of it working.

What we need is the COCKS at LDC to drop the vindictive and spiteful campaign to destroy the club.

Knight's wages (could have been £4k given Freeman used to be on £3k) + £62k5 transfer money gained means <£140k net outlay. (Don't know about offering such a long contact necessarily fits in the equation). In summary, I'm still not convinced by the economic arguments (other than that they are IMO economic with the truth) I'm afraid.

++ After major-league cock ups in signing "strikers" McGammon & El Turienzo, surely we've got to get lucky 3rd time round?

Yorkie

Sussex born and bred
Jul 5, 2003
dahn sarf
DAMANCLAY said:
Ok go on then, Players that we have signed (e.g. made them our player not on loan) I think the only two that would walk into another side is CKR and Currie.

Carole and Frutos are good players but they wouldnt alk into any other side in this league.

Reid.

I've seen loads of comments about Carole and other teams that would like him.

Da Man Clay

T'Blades
Dec 16, 2004
Yorkie said:
Reid.

I've seen loads of comments about Carole and other teams that would like him.

We haven't signed Reid since our promotion to this league. If we are talking about players who could get into other teams in our squad I would say Hammond would aswell.

I think Carole is to inconsistent at the moment, a bit like Jarett.

Da Man Clay

T'Blades
Dec 16, 2004
Bromley shrimp said:

++ After major-league cock ups in signing "strikers" McGammon & El Turienzo, surely we've got to get lucky 3rd time round?

I think the fact McCammon is on trial at Watford shows he is not such a big cock up, on the other hand Turienzo is the biggest waste of 150k i have ever seen! He clearly is the new version of Molango.

Kinky Gerbil

Im The Scatman
NSC Patron
Jul 16, 2003
hassocks
DAMANCLAY said:
We haven't signed Reid since our promotion to this league. If we are talking about players who could get into other teams in our squad I would say Hammond would aswell.

Not so much Hammond, he has been dire for most this season.

Da Man Clay

T'Blades
Dec 16, 2004
KinkyAuschwitz said:
Not so much Hammond, he has been dire for most this season.

He has been awful, but I think given the right training (being about to hit a barn door from 4 yards would help) he would be good enough for this level. He was fantastic at the end of last season.

Skaville

Jun 10, 2004
Queens Park
DAMANCLAY said:

How can you compare Carole to Uncle Albert?!?!? Albert is a conference player, Carole is quality.

You cannot expect players like Carole to be 100% consistent. I bet you used to slag of Waddle, Hoddle, Le Tissier and Barnes when they played for England...

Les Biehn

GAME OVER
Aug 14, 2005
What about Hammond up front with CKR? He's good in the air, strong and potentially a good finisher.

Publius Ovidius

Jul 5, 2003
at home
Is this true about McCammon being on trial at Watford or is this a wind up?

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here