Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Striker crisis, it's not looking good

Silent Bob

( ͡° ͜ʖ ͡°)
Dec 6, 2004
B.W. said:
What I DO expect is for us to compete for players like Tudgay and Burton, who went to Shef Wed for consdierably less than 1/2 a million...
How exactly do you expect us to compete for them?

Two northern based players, given a choice between playing at Sheffield Wednesday for more money or coming down here? :shootself

B.W.

Jul 5, 2003
Silent Bob said:
How exactly do you expect us to compete for them?

Two northern based players, given a choice between playing at Sheffield Wednesday for more money or coming down here? :shootself

Key words from my post = "players like"... please read again... are there no southern players?... Tudgay comes from Worthing BTW...

B.W.

Jul 5, 2003
B.W. said:
Key words from my post = "players like"... please read again... are there no southern players?... Tudgay comes from Worthing BTW...

Oh, and we CAN compete on wages, especially after Leon's sale...

Silent Bob

( ͡° ͜ʖ ͡°)
Dec 6, 2004
B.W. said:
He comes from Worthing, he's only been living in Derby about 17 years, surely he'd come back? :lolol:

Tony Meolas Loan Spell

Slut Faced Whores
Jul 15, 2004
Vamanos Pest
Silent Bob said:
Sheringham is undoubted quality and I'm sure we'd have him if we could.... but he's not a target man who leads the line.

No but he knows where the f***ing goal is unlike some of our shot shy forwards.

And that all you MM in cretins is down to the MANAGER.

El Presidente

The ONLY Gay in Brighton
Helpful Moderator
Jul 5, 2003
Pattknull med Haksprut
The Auditor said:
cheers el pres :)

Would you like me to "audit" the true cost of that Mcshane shirt?....how is the building work going?

The true cost of the McShane shirt has not yet been finalised as still waiting for it to be framed. Beating Palace however......is priceless.

Wife is in charge of the building work, and currently £55k over budget.

This begs the question, what's the difference between a bonus and a budget?

Answer: Your wife will always blow your budget:down:

Silent Bob

( ͡° ͜ʖ ͡°)
Dec 6, 2004
KinkyHitler said:
Owusu or however you spell his name was on a free in the summer - would have been a better option than el turi
Yes he would, but we're talking about the here and now.

Last edited:

Tony Meolas Loan Spell

Slut Faced Whores
Jul 15, 2004
Vamanos Pest
DAMANCLAY said:
Yes inudated with mighty unproven managers and the likes of Tony Adams.

He would be one of the applicants that you ignore like the ones who apply because they won the Premier League on Championship Manager.

I said that there would be 3 or 4 GENUINE contenders.

Kinky Gerbil

Im The Scatman
NSC Patron
Jul 16, 2003
hassocks
Silent Bob said:
Yes he would, but we're talking about the here and now.

Here and now is too late, clubs know they can charge more as they know the buying club only has a month to sort it out and are more than likely going to be in a relegation or promotion scrap, which if you look at most buying clubs that is the case.

A player you could have got for 100k in the summer is suddenly worth double.

The Auditor

Sep 30, 2004
Villiers Terrace
KinkyHitler said:
Here and now is too late, clubs know they can charge more as they know the buying club only has a month to sort it out and are more than likely going to be in a relegation or promotion scrap, which if you look at most buying clubs that is the case.

A player you could have got for 100k in the summer is suddenly worth double.

you are talking too much commom sense today Kinky ..now stop it at once or I'll set the DK can do no wrong brigade on you

Napper

Jul 9, 2003
Sussex
personally the most frustrating thing for me is , after every time we have recieved a sizable amount of money we are told a significant amount will be available for re-investment to the playing side. We are again told money is available pre knights sale. Now if this is changed for whatever reason can we at least be informed . Some people on here are only to willing to accept that we have f k all cash when in fact we haven't actually been told this by anyone, quite the opposite in fact .
We are allowed to question things when the team in a precarious position with all around strengthining for the dog fight ahead.

Finchley Seagull

Feb 25, 2004
North London
Tony Meolas Loan Spell said:
He would be one of the applicants that you ignore like the ones who apply because they won the Premier League on Championship Manager.

I said that there would be 3 or 4 GENUINE contenders.

This is definitely getting boring. Go on give us some examples of these great managers who may be interested in a job where after two years of success (remember McGhee took us up and then kept us up) against all the odds, the manager has 'fans' like you calling for his sacking. I am sure they will be queueing but none of the ones who are will be better than McGhee. We should be building for the long term not having short term fixes. So, until Wenger and Mourinho decide to become joint managers, Mark McGhee is our best option.

On the striker issue, it is disappointing that we have not signed someone. However, I would rather we went down with no new striker (which may still not happen as we are fourth bottom and relegation is not guaranteed) than spend money we do not have on a striker and risk further financial problems. Again, long term is more important.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here