Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Striker crisis, it's not looking good

algie

The moaning of life
Jan 8, 2006
In rehab
Mcghee was quoted for looking for an experience front man and not some youth player.

dunno

Old Skool
Jul 6, 2003
At work - probably
I'm getting really hacked off by all of this now - less than a week to go and......no one!! I know we clearly need a 'Target Man' - but surely just someone that could get us say 8 to 10 goals for the rest of the season whether they are a 'number 9' or a 'number 10' would suffice to get us out of trouble???

Beeneys gloves

Jul 7, 2003
Just spoken to someone in the know at Daggers and his review of Chris Moore is that hes a decent skillful striker, who has a lazy style, who could be good enough for the league but definitely not Championship level!

Lets just hope that MM wasnt looking at him

perseus

Broad Blue & White stripe
Jul 5, 2003
Sūþseaxna
Simster said:
I agree with that - CKR does look a quality prospect. For the life of me, I can't understand why McGhee is targetting a striker as top priority. We're desperately short of quality midfield players IMO - and Lynch can't be expected to play every game from now on at left back.

I agree, I cannot understand it. CKR will be a good enough striker. What we need is a hard working midfielder like Matt Bloomfield of Wycombe ?

bailey

Sep 24, 2005
Seafront Brighton
We can't rely on CKR as our main striker, he's too young and it will put too much pressure on the lad. We need an experienced striker, even if just on loan, that can scores goals and CKR can learn from.

Da Man Clay

T'Blades
Dec 16, 2004
BensGrandad said:
Teddy Sheringham will be nothing now till his contract runs out at the end of the season.

What do you mean by will be nothing? That he wont play for West Sham?

Publius Ovidius

Jul 5, 2003
at home
BensGrandad said:
Teddy Sheringham will be nothing now till his contract runs out at the end of the season.

Dont mention Teddy Sherringham FFS, you will have Gritt23 having a go at me for daring to suggest that he would come down here :rolleyes: :rolleyes: :rolleyes:

Did anyone seriously believe we would get anyone in anyway?

BensGrandad

Jul 13, 2003
Haywards Heath
Akinbiyi signed for Sheff Utd £1.75m according to sky sports news.

Sheringham well down the order at West Ham with Ashton signing and BZ signing a new 4 year contract. Doubt if he would come here but would do the job.

algie

The moaning of life
Jan 8, 2006
In rehab
BensGrandad said:
Akinbiyi signed for Sheff Utd £1.75m according to sky sports news.

Sheringham well down the order at West Ham with Ashton signing and BZ signing a new 4 year contract. Doubt if he would come here but would do the job.

Why not?

Ince went to Wolves,Wise is at Coventry

Silent Bob

( ͡° ͜ʖ ͡°)
Dec 6, 2004
Sheringham is undoubted quality and I'm sure we'd have him if we could.... but he's not a target man who leads the line.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here