Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Steward fractured my wrist

Garry Nelson's Left Foot

Jul 7, 2003
tokyo
I'm not getting on my high horse - I thought the invasion was spontaneous and brilliant to watch - I took a picture of it on my phone - but I was genuinely worried about what the FA might do and it's the last think we need right now.

It was a great result - a brilliant and funny pitch invasion - but it worried me yes.

I think maybe you have over-analysed a comment that was merely trying to verbalise why I decided not to run on the pitch.

My post is not necessarily aimed at you, it's a general reaction to a lot of posts.

Although I do think there's nothing to worry about. The lincoln points deduction was as a result of a number of pitch invasions, not the least of which was the york game. And even then the f.a could have deducted three points but chose to only deduct two.

Mar 10, 2006
The stewards at the family stand were actually helping people to get onto the pitch. These people who are getting all high and mighty about it are the reason that Withdean has become as sterile as it is. This is what football is all about. The struggles we have been through for the last 10/12 years have been punctuated by moments like last night thank god. When they come along you make the most of them and enjoy them as there may not be another one for years. Fair enough if you didn't want to go on the pitch but don't criticise those who did. They did nothing wrong except show a huge outlet of emotion which is exactly what this club needs at the moment.

seagullsovergrimsby

#cpfctinpotclub
Aug 21, 2005
Crap Town
In the old days it would have been OB who tugged you. Going on the pitch would have incurred at least a cuff round the head when out of sight of the general public. The steward was only doing his job by attempting to stop fans going on the pitch even if it might have been a futile effort with so many on the pitch already. If a steward stops you and you take umbrage then the steward will have to take appropriate action which might end up in a jostle to the ground and this would be reasonable force.

seagullsovergrimsby

#cpfctinpotclub
Aug 21, 2005
Crap Town
Are stewards actually allowed to rugby tackle kids and pin them to the floor rubbing their faces into the dirt?
Our games master used to do this when we played rugby at school

Jimmy Grimble

Nov 10, 2007
Starting a revolution from my bed
I'm not getting on my high horse - I thought the invasion was spontaneous and brilliant to watch - I took a picture of it on my phone - but I was genuinely worried about what the FA might do and it's the last think we need right now.

It was a great result - a brilliant and funny pitch invasion - but it worried me yes.

I think maybe you have over-analysed a comment that was merely trying to verbalise why I decided not to run on the pitch.

Did it honestly worry you? Did you really think the FA might do something?

FalmerforAll!**

NSC's Most Intelligent
Oct 26, 2005
Burgess Hill
The stewards at the family stand were actually helping people to get onto the pitch. These people who are getting all high and mighty about it are the reason that Withdean has become as sterile as it is. This is what football is all about. The struggles we have been through for the last 10/12 years have been punctuated by moments like last night thank god. When they come along you make the most of them and enjoy them as there may not be another one for years. Fair enough if you didn't want to go on the pitch but don't criticise those who did. They did nothing wrong except show a huge outlet of emotion which is exactly what this club needs at the moment.

I was PUSHED back and told to get back into the stand. Luckily my mate following made a complete cock up of getting over the fence and went into the athletics track head first:lolol: All attention was turned to him which left me a free path onto the pitch.

Fatboy Quim

Jan 27, 2005
oh come on!

For anyone not to have seen the scenes after the whistle yesterday as a fantanstic and spontaneous outpouring of joy is an absolute plum.

The fact that people were excluded from this and in some cases genuinely hurt is not only a great shame but also downright appalling.

I hope the club have seriuos words with people about this fro future occassions, as, i am sure, Dick Knight would have been smiling from ear to ear at the scenes last night and most certainly not have been dissappointed or worried.

Fatboy Quim

Jan 27, 2005
p.s "a most indigestible evening for Man City" was how the Gazzetta dello Sport:ohmy: described our victory last night!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Elder for England

Jan 30, 2008
The F.A are going to do NOTHING about last night. It was a perfectly natural reaction, one that used to be fairly commonplace when football was, you know, fun. If people were steaming onto the pitch with weapons and with the intent to have a go at the man city fans, then yeah, get on your high horses and pompously twat on about how morally outrageous and abhorent it all is. Don't do it for fans celebrating and enjoying themselves with the team.

Jesus wept.

No it's not I didn't feel the need to run on the pitch. The people who stayed in the stands are just as overwhelmed by the occasion, but they manage to stay in their seat and celebrate.

Rowdey

Jul 7, 2003
Herne Hill
It could be true, but more importantly as Beach Hut said his son was rugby tackled twice, that is Child Abuse under child protection rules which is club must leagally have a poilcy for.

As someone who normally writes quite sensible stuff, you've taken leave of all your senses here.

Are we forgetting that 'The Tooth' is actually the second user name of a known <wind up> user on here. Anybody who feels they have to create a second user name to get a contentious issue across, is clearly an utter knob :tosser:

Did it actually happen or have you made this up too ?

blue'n'white

Oct 5, 2005
2nd runway at Gatwick
funny enough I work for childline and i know by law taking someone of an age of 6 yrs old onto a public football pitch filled with Albion fans running towards the players(not just running around like lunatics) is not considered cruel by any way.
What is your problem with the fact i infront of my son have been attacked barely standing on the pitch near the sandpit (long-jump),
if it were you it of course wouldn't happen, why?, because you were not there.

I WAS at the match but I did not invade the pitch.
Why ? Because it's against the law to encroach upon the playing surface and I have never seen the need to do it. Believe me I was as excited as everybody else there but why run on to the pitch ? That's my opinion and also , in my opinion, it was a dangerous thing to do whoever you work for. The steward had every right to try to stop you but apparently went too far

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here