Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Steward fractured my wrist

blue'n'white

Oct 5, 2005
2nd runway at Gatwick
"Dad what would happen if I jumped into the sea from the top of the Brighton Pier on to that speedboat"
"Dunno son - let's take a look"

You should not have been on the pitch I can think of two points why you shouldn't be on the pitch ........Lincoln 1996.

No sympathey let your wrist be a lesson to you

Tit :tosser:

What about the other few thousand who were on the pitch enjoying themselves and having pictures taken etc without any hint of violence of trouble, did they deserve broken bones too?

The Truth

Banned
Sep 11, 2008
None of your buisness
You had a 6 year old with you and wanted to take him on to the pitch where there were hundreds of people charging around - do you not realise how stupid and dangerous that is ?
You should be reported to Childline

funny enough I work for childline and i know by law taking someone of an age of 6 yrs old onto a public football pitch filled with Albion fans running towards the players(not just running around like lunatics) is not considered cruel by any way.
What is your problem with the fact i infront of my son have been attacked barely standing on the pitch near the sandpit (long-jump),
if it were you it of course wouldn't happen, why?, because you were not there.

The Truth

Banned
Sep 11, 2008
None of your buisness
"Dad what would happen if I jumped into the sea from the top of the Brighton Pier on to that speedboat"
"Dunno son - let's take a look"

Is that how you would compare running onto a packed football pitch?

you watch too many films!

The Truth

Banned
Sep 11, 2008
None of your buisness
Why didn't you report the 'incident' to the police before you left the ground?

Police and football fans mix as well as chalk and cheese

Trigger

Jul 4, 2003
Brighton
Whatever the rights and wrongs of going onto the pitch when 1000s more were already on it that 'steward' had no right to fracture a persons arm, hopefully he'll be found, fired and maybe even prosecuted.

Westdene Seagull

aka Cap'n Carl Firecrotch
NSC Patron
Oct 27, 2003
The arse end of Hangleton
funny enough I work for childline and i know by law taking someone of an age of 6 yrs old onto a public football pitch filled with Albion fans running towards the players(not just running around like lunatics) is not considered cruel by any way.

Cruel no but encouraging your child to break the LAW by entering the field of play could be considered irresponsible.

I find it amazing that so many people on here think it's OK to break the law if hundreds of other people already have BUT when Steward 433 tried to justify breaking the law by speeding he got a very rough ride.

Or is it a case of I'll break the laws I want to but critise those that break other laws ??

Elder for England

Jan 30, 2008
Wow you're on your high horse today aren't you miss I'm twenty years old I know everything?

I'd definitely give the club a ring about this, it does sound rather excessively heavy-handed especially as you had a young child with you. Unfortunately many stewards, a bit like traffic wardens, are sad little men who enjoy (ab)using the small amount of power they've got in their meaningless lives as much as possible.

Nope, never claimed to know everything, nobody can know everything silly!

Elder for England

Jan 30, 2008
Cruel no but encouraging your child to break the LAW by entering the field of play could be considered irresponsible.

I find it amazing that so many people on here think it's OK to break the law if hundreds of other people already have BUT when Steward 433 tried to justify breaking the law by speeding he got a very rough ride.

Or is it a case of I'll break the laws I want to but critise those that break other laws ??

I 100% agree, this was my point earlier.

Westdene Seagull

NSC Patron
Oct 27, 2003
Whatever the rights and wrongs of going onto the pitch when 1000s more were already on it that 'steward' had no right to fracture a persons arm, hopefully he'll be found, fired and maybe even prosecuted.

Agreed assault is not on so maybe the Steward should be prosecuted for that and The Truth should be prosecuted for entering the field of play ?

Beach Hut

Brighton Bhuna Boy
Jul 5, 2003
Living In a Box
My elder ran on the pitch and was rugby tackled twice by a steward which we found hilarious from the stands.

Elder for England

Jan 30, 2008
EVER HEARD OF 'WHY NOT WHATS THE WORST THAT COULD HAPPEN.......WHACK!'

NO EXCUSE FOR VIOLENCE IN ANY SITUATION SIMPLE AS THAT!!

No because my respose wouldn't be 'why not' it would be 'no it's not allowed, the pitch is for players and the stands are for fans.'

In my opinion, it slightly ruins it for the rules-abiding people who don't go on the pitch, most of the players are told to go in and you cannot celebrate with them.

The Truth

Banned
Sep 11, 2008
None of your buisness

entering the field of play tends to refer to a field of PLAY not a pitch

Gazwag

5 millionth post poster
Mar 4, 2004
Bexhill-on-Sea
Breaking a bone would come under GBH wouldnt it. Yes you entered private property but the steward is still only allowed to use reasonable force.

If it was done by the police there would be a massive independent enquiry.

Nibble

Jan 3, 2007
Sounds heavy handed to me if your report is accurate but then we only have one side of the story so it is hard to tell. I would imagine yuo would get pretty short shrift if you made a complaint seeing as you were attempting to run onto a pitch you were not supposed to be on and you were taking a 6 yr old with you.

Westdene Seagull

NSC Patron
Oct 27, 2003
entering the field of play tends to refer to a field of PLAY not a pitch

Not quite sure what you mean ? Regardless, once you've stepped foot on the grass you have broken the law.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here