Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Steward fractured my wrist

Pablo

Jul 8, 2003
Worthing
Bit quick to shoot from the hip there Danny. You're young so you probably won't remember this. But in the dark days of 1996 when Brighton were fighting just to stay in the football league and when we had no ground - even one as crappy as Withdean - the Brighton fans ran onto the pitch at Lincoln. The FA deducted 2 points, we appealed and lost.

He's not a tit to suggest that people remember that. The FA could still decide to take action.

Seriously, is that what you were thinking when fans ran onto the pitch...?

Please give me an example of a team getting fined for fans entering the pitch when they have just completed a major cup shock.

SeagullRic

Jan 13, 2008
brighton
After taking one very heavy big thump from a steward during the pitch invasion I later had to go to A&E where it was found i'd fractured my wrist.
Is this is what 'keeping football safe' requires? I want the number of the Steward and want him banned from football, I can't believe I deserved an injury for entering a pitch with already thousands on it. He also pounded my head into the floor after grappling me.
I'm curious into finding out if anyone else had a similar story after such a great night of football?

With fully 2000 people already on the pitch, a Steward chased after me as I entered the fray. f***ing Wanker.

Garry Nelson's Left Foot

Jul 7, 2003
tokyo
There are some people on here who need to get a grip. Comparing a joyous pitch invasion to speeding, comparing last night to the Lincoln games and all the trouble that preceded it, getting high, mighty and very sanctimonious about following the letter of the law.

Last nights result was a major cup upset. We've not done one of them in years. 14 if I remember correctly, and that was only Leicester city. Thousands of people ran on the pitch to celebrate. The stewards should have made a token attempt to stop it then let the people on and manage the situation from there. They shouldn't be beating fans.

The F.A are going to do NOTHING about last night. It was a perfectly natural reaction, one that used to be fairly commonplace when football was, you know, fun. If people were steaming onto the pitch with weapons and with the intent to have a go at the man city fans, then yeah, get on your high horses and pompously twat on about how morally outrageous and abhorent it all is. Don't do it for fans celebrating and enjoying themselves with the team.

Jesus wept.

Tom Hark Preston Park

Will Post For Cash
Jul 6, 2003
After taking one very heavy big thump from a steward during the pitch invasion I later had to go to A&E where it was found i'd fractured my wrist.
Is this is what 'keeping football safe' requires? I want the number of the Steward and want him banned from football, I can't believe I deserved an injury for entering a pitch with already thousands on it. He also pounded my head into the floor after grappling me.
I'm curious into finding out if anyone else had a similar story after such a great night of football?

Do a search on the thread about the pitch invader from the last game of last season at Withdean. There's some photos of a steward using excessive force there. See if its the same bloke. Cos he was gagging to get stuck into H block last night. In fact Dover kept warming some kiddies in the row behind us to sit down for their own safety, cos the skinhead steward seemed to be chomping at the bit to try out his, um, restraint techniques. Not saying it's the same bloke like, but seems a bit of a coincidence... ???

Dick Knights Mumm

Take me Home Falmer Road
Jul 5, 2003
Hither and Thither
Stewarding offers the opportunity for people with personal issues to act like complete plonkers. Absolutely - a token effort and then just ask the less determined not to go on the pitch was the correct approach. Report the idiot - he should not be anywhere near our club - let alone paid by it.

steward 433

Back and better
Nov 4, 2007
Brighton
Stewarding offers the opportunity for people with personal issues to act like complete plonkers.[/U] Absolutely - a token effort and then just ask the less determined not to go on the pitch was the correct approach. Report the idiot - he should not be anywhere near our club - let alone paid by it.

Bit of a generalisation there!!!

The Truth report it to the club as to have fractured your wrist the force would have been way excessive.

vitusvivi

May 30, 2008
yeah hahaha i got rugby tackled by this f***ing fat shit. There was no need! They think with the little power they have they can do anything they want...

Trigger

Jul 4, 2003
Brighton
Are stewards actually allowed to rugby tackle kids and pin them to the floor rubbing their faces into the dirt?

Couldn't Be Hyypia

We've come a long long way together
NSC Patron
Nov 12, 2006
Near Dorchester, Dorset
Jesus wept.

I'm not getting on my high horse - I thought the invasion was spontaneous and brilliant to watch - I took a picture of it on my phone - but I was genuinely worried about what the FA might do and it's the last think we need right now.

It was a great result - a brilliant and funny pitch invasion - but it worried me yes.

I think maybe you have over-analysed a comment that was merely trying to verbalise why I decided not to run on the pitch.

Dick Knights Mumm

Take me Home Falmer Road
Jul 5, 2003
Hither and Thither
Bit of a generalisation there!!!

The Truth report it to the club as to have fractured your wrist the force would have been way excessive.

I didn't say it applied to all stewards - just that it offered the opportunity. I am sure there are different reasons for being a steward - getting paid to watch football being one - but another is the opportunity to act like a billy big-bollocks.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here