Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Steward fractured my wrist

Nibble

Jan 3, 2007
After taking one very heavy big thump from a steward during the pitch invasion I later had to go to A&E where it was found i'd fractured my wrist.
Is this is what 'keeping football safe' requires? I want the number of the Steward and want him banned from football, I can't believe I deserved an injury for entering a pitch with already thousands on it. He also pounded my head into the floor after grappling me.
I'm curious into finding out if anyone else had a similar story after such a great night of football?

dawson-crying.jpg

Lord Large

Keeping the faith
Aug 6, 2008
Out on the floor
Some people on here need to get a grip.

Thousands of people ran on the pitch out of sheer joy and, as one of the people who did not go on the pitch, I have to say it looked bloody brilliant from the back of the South Stand.

I suggest the posters moaning about people running on the pitch chill the HELL out.

As for the guy with the broken wrist - go to the club and if they say you don't have a leg to stand on go to the police.

Yes you probably shouldn't have been going on the pitch as far as the authorities are concerned, but you certainly should not be getting injured like this.

The fact there was not one single arrest made on the night shows the spirit of the evening.

If only someone had told the stewards...

steward 433

Back and better
Nov 4, 2007
Brighton
Some people on here need to get a grip.

Thousands of people ran on the pitch out of sheer joy and, as one of the people who did not go on the pitch, I have to say it looked bloody brilliant from the back of the South Stand.

I suggest the posters moaning about people running on the pitch chill the HELL out.

As for the guy with the broken wrist - go to the club and if they say you don't have a leg to stand on go to the police.

Yes you probably shouldn't have been going on the pitch as far as the authorities are concerned, but you certainly should not be getting injured like this.

The fact there was not one single arrest made on the night shows the spirit of the evening.

If only someone had told the stewards...

There were several arrests actually!

TWOCHOICEStom

Sep 22, 2007
Brighton
You f***ing thick plank. Thats abit like moaning you got aids after raping someone. If you hadn't broken the law you'd be fine.

The worst he could have expected even if he did it by himself was to be restrained with REASONABLE force. The fact that 1000 people were already on the pitch makes the case even more disgraceful

Nibble

Jan 3, 2007
As i put in a thread earlier report it to the club.Also if u don't get anywhere then go to the peelers. I also have a sia badge and if i had broken someones wrist working the doors i would probably be charged with assault as even then it is classed as EXCESSIVE FORCE

That depends. If they were running at the nightclub door trying to barge their way in and you got hold of them, put them on the floor and they broke their wrist as they hit the ground it would be arguable that his own force bought that incident about.

PILTDOWN MAN

NSC Patron
Sep 15, 2004
Hurst Green
I watched from the stands and whilst I commented to my daughter it would just our luck to be charged by the FA over it, my real thought was I was bloody glad the pitch wasn't too wet and become knackered for the rest of the season. The groundsman must have been doing his nut.:)

Falmer Flutter ©

Feb 18, 2004
Petts Wood
The only problem with going to the club or the police is that you will be, effectively, admitting to committing an offence. Now in all likelihood, they would probably turn a blind eye due to the occasion and the fact that 2,000-odd other people also committed the offence, but would you really want to take that risk?

steward 433

Back and better
Nov 4, 2007
Brighton
Are you sure it wasn't just several ejections?
I know there were names taken and people chucked out. One tried to get back in - serves 'em right, missed an amazing night because they had to act like plonkers - but obviously that one must not have been detained either.

Two definates. Did you not hear about the bloke in the family stand ?

PM on it's way

Two definates. Did you not hear about the bloke in the family stand ?

PM on it's way

I heard a lot of stuff about the megafone, (then that same person or their companion lighting a cigarette?) and first getting it confiscated then getting themselves ejected.
There was an incident of racial abuse resulting in an ejection, along with other ejections. Once the old bill take matters into their hands though, it's down to them to detain or not.

We rarely have actual arrests at Withdean (people falling asleep, maybe), but that was a dramatic night and some people were obviously going ott. and breaking the rules.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here