Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Someone throws a bottle at Murray on the pitch

southern_sid

Banned
Aug 5, 2011
If you really want to hurt him, just for playing for a different team, I think you need to get a bit of perspective.

I also hope you never consider moving jobs just because someone offers to pay you more.

I dont want to really hurt him.

Simster

"the man's an arse"
Jul 7, 2003
Surrey
Why is it?
Because you wouldn't have the STONES to do it in the street, one on one.

Much better to throw a bottle at a defenceless player, safe in the knowledge that he would be reprimanded for inciting a riot if he waded in after you, or perhaps the feeling of safety in numbers when you're in amongst your own in the stand.

You really are the worst kind of hoolie apologist. A cowardly gimp, and the sort who talks about firms and such but is nowhere to be seen when Millwall turn up.

DTES

Jul 7, 2003
London
People are taking this to far.

Grassing is wrong, we all know that..

Humour me. Why? Spell it out. Regardless of the individual offence (to keep your wish of it being away from nonces etc), why is it "wrong" to help bring people to justice?

If "we all know that", should be easy to spell out?

southern_sid

Banned
Aug 5, 2011
Because you wouldn't have the STONES to do it in the street, one on one.

Much better to throw a bottle at a defenceless player, safe in the knowledge that he would be reprimanded for inciting a riot if he waded in after you, or perhaps the feeling of safety in numbers when you're in amongst your own in the stand.

You really are the worst kind of hoolie apologist. A cowardly gimp, and the sort who talks about firms and such but is nowhere to be seen when Millwall turn up.

You think throwing a bottle would make you a hooligan.... Jesus.

I never said I am gonna throw a bottle, i said i would love to see him take one in full in the face (hopefully full of ale to).

El Presidente

The ONLY Gay in Brighton
Helpful Moderator
Jul 5, 2003
Pattknull med Haksprut
El Pres, can i ask what your problem is so much with people having absolute hatred for one of our best players leaving us and going straight to our most firece rivals, whether he was wanted here or not?? i dont get your stance on this ....

Fair question.

My stance is

1: The pantomime booing is understandable, but anything advocating physical violence is pathetic.

2: We're all hypocrites, as we would have done the same under his circumstances.

3: Without Murray we would not have been playing Palace this season.

Simster

"the man's an arse"
Jul 7, 2003
Surrey
You think throwing a bottle would make you a hooligan.... Jesus.

I never said I am gonna throw a bottle, i said i would love to see him take one in full in the face (hopefully full of ale to).
No. I think throwing a bottle would make you a COWARD.

As for "Jesus", you're the deluded one FFS. There are about 4 people on here who wouldn't report the incident and about 60 who would.

Seagull over Canaryland

Feb 8, 2011
Norfolk
Hopefully your post is a 'question' - and not a 'suggestion'?

No doubt Mr Murray will receive a 'warm' welcome from the home fans at The Amex. Nothing wrong with healthy banter between fans especially old rivals. However please don't put ideas into anyone's head. The worry is that some of our less gifted newer 'fans' get carried away with the tales of old rivalry and see the Palace game as some sort of rite of passage and try to get a bit 'nawty'. No doubt the even less gifted visiting fans may try to provoke things.

Suggesting violence to a player however unpopular is incitement. This isn't the '70s or '80s. Hooliganism is not welcome at The Amex.

Murray would be naive to think fans will not give him some serious verbals for joining a rival club, but he is a big boy and have to take that on the chin. If his head drops as a result and has a poor game then so be it. That's football. But what if some neanderthal actually hits him with said bottle? This could trigger all sorts of aggro on and off the pitch.

Anyone perpetrating such an incident deserves a life ban from The Amex, if not a criminal record. Would be stupid in the extreme as the perp is very likely to be identified by CCTV if not (rightly) grassed by punters around them. This sort of incident can only cause bigger hurt to B&HA who could get a big fine, or worse case scenario a game behind closed doors etc. all for a moments madness by one weak minded twat.

Far better to create a huge atmosphere to help Gus's boys play CPFC off the park. I am particularly looking forward to seeing the contest between Greer and Murray, that should get the juices flowing (as long as Greer doesn't get a red mist). Then hope it absolutely pisses down with rain so no one feels like hanging around for 'afters'.

El Presidente

The ONLY Gay in Brighton
Helpful Moderator
Jul 5, 2003
Pattknull med Haksprut
People are taking this to far.

Grassing is wrong, we all know that..

Stop trying to pull decent blokes into the gutter by mentioning nonces and that.

Common sense.

Err Sid, you were the first to bring up nonces in this thread.

If someone beat up your mum/wife/sister etc, how would you feel if a witness failed to come forward as they wouldn't want to be a 'grass'?

Acker79

NSC Patron
Nov 15, 2008
Brighton
Why is it?

One steward at every gate, and you think it's impossible to get on the pitch to hurt him? Did you see the blackpool fans get out of their stand after their equaliser? Did you see that guy give the steward the runaround before a player tackled him before getting sent off. Saying it's impossible to get on the pitch at him is an lame excuse so that you can hide your identity in the see of faces of the crowd, and so you can attack him whe he isn't (and shouldn't be) expecting it, and can't defend himself.

That is why it's cowardly.

Brighton till i die

You havin' a bubble?
Jan 31, 2004
On the terraces!!
Fair question.

My stance is

1: The pantomime booing is understandable, but anything advocating physical violence is pathetic.

2: We're all hypocrites, as we would have done the same under his circumstances.

3: Without Murray we would not have been playing Palace this season.

cheers :)

hart's shirt

Jul 8, 2003
Kitbag in Dubai
How about this one - it could lift him over the roof. It also apparently comes with children included.

inflatable%20bottle%20wkd%20blue.jpg

Seriously though, it's a little ironic that someone would consider throwing a bottle at Murray from the relative anonymity of a crowd, but not have the courage to do the same to him face-to-face.

So that's a bottler who's a bottler.

Napper

Jul 9, 2003
Sussex
Fair enough, but it's pantomine hate though, in the same way we wanted Big Daddy to beat Giant Haystacks.

99% of us would have done the same in his situation, in respect of two employers to which you have no emotional connection.

not pantomime to me, I hate Murray and sure thousands of others do as well

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here