Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Singing bye bye Ashley Ashley Barnes...

Mr Burns

Aug 25, 2003
Springfield
Three players miss it including Barnes, but only Barnes gets pilloried for it. The others don't even get a mention.
Because the others are not doing it week in week out for the past two years. Because we haven't got anyone better than the others sitting on the bench not getting a chance, when only probably Brezovan and Cauldron wouldn't have been a much better option than him when you look at the bench today.

Super Steve Earle

Feb 23, 2009
North of Brighton
It didn't 'roll' to CMS, it went behind him then rolled to Orlandi who was being marked and at a much tighter angle.
Ok I'm off. Can't be bothered with the anti Barnes brigade any more. This response says it all - Excuse CMS, excuse Orlandi who incidentally missed the easiest sitter in open play, but bollock Barnes for everything.

Mr Burns

Aug 25, 2003
Springfield
Haha..but let's not forget the chances missed by other players ..I sorry tht doesn't quite fit in with yur post does it
Name me one player who missed an easier chance than a penatly, an open goal when the keeper was laying on the floor, and being clean through and slicing it into the crowd with his weak foot, when he had all the time in the world, and I might agree with you Jamie.

blue2

Apr 21, 2010
Yes not a good game for Ashley however it looks worst as he works so hard for the team but having said tat I think we need to give Hoskins or Dobbie a run

One Teddy Maybank

NSC Patron
Aug 4, 2006
Worthing
Must admit he was poor today. We should have been out of sight and unfortunately Barnes missed at least 3 clear chances. The follow up on the pen was even easier!

You are absolutely right. However, his movement remains amongst the best in the team, the third miss was terrible, but his movement in finding the space was good. He also won the ball that led to the free kick for the goal.

Despite this, Dobbie should've been on much earlier..... Arguably half-time, as Ash's confidence looked shot.

Incidentally CMS should have buried the header, orlandi missed a sitter as did Hoskins.

Mr Burns

Aug 25, 2003
Springfield
For me it is not so much Barnes playing that is frustrating, it is more about the alternatives sat on the bench. Dobbie scored two in two and then is out of the side for Barnes, really do not understand that one.
If I was Dobbie, and Barnes started in front of me Tuesday, I'd ask for a move straight away.

stss30

Apr 24, 2008
Ok I'm off. Can't be bothered with the anti Barnes brigade any more. This response says it all - Excuse CMS, excuse Orlandi who incidentally missed the easiest sitter in open play, but bollock Barnes for everything.

I'm not excusing CMS, the ball rolled behind him :facepalm:

Christ has Ashley Barnes signed up a load of his family and friends to post on here. No matter how utterly FAECES he is people still support him. HOW can Dobbie have been dropped for him? Barnes plays the most useless role I have ever seen an Albion player in all my life. Yes he tracks back and defends but for christ sake when he get on the ball in those wide areas what an utter waste of space he is. Im totally sick of people trying to justify this "total football" role he plays. I for one just do not see what on earth he does in that position. We are in the CHAMPIONSHIP!! It isnt really that much at this level to ask another player to track back, keep the ball moving.. play it SIMPLE like Barnes supposedly does.

The lad is a STRIKER. When he scores he is in a central position. There is absolutely no need for him to be in that position and when you have Dobbie, Lopez on the bench and Lua Lua not even in the squad sometimes it is a joke. I try occasionally to stick up for him but for god sake he was utterly woeful today. And why people feel the need to compare him to CMS, our top goalscorer I have no idea. All this and he decides to pick the ball up and take a penalty. For god sake drop him.

Stat Brother

NSC Patron
Jul 11, 2003
West west west Sussex
If I was Hoskins or Dobbie today I would not be happy sitting on the bench.
How about still on the bench on Tuesday?

Muzzy

Jan 25, 2011
Lewes
As gutted as the other 25k Seagull fans there today but I will take one positive from this game... No way will Gus let Barnes take another pen for us! And yes I like the lad as a rule, but he did not do the biz today.

For me it was the worst result we've had during Gus's reign, and I expect each and every one of our players to be angry with themselves tonight!

I'm gutted as you can tell.

LamieRobertson

Not awoke
Feb 3, 2008
SHOREHAM BY SEA
Name me one player who missed an easier chance than a penatly, an open goal when the keeper was laying on the floor, and being clean through and slicing it into the crowd with his weak foot, when he had all the time in the world, and I might agree with you Jamie.

We're u at the game? Read some if the posts here and u might be reminded of CMS and Orlandi ..but u seem to hav conveniently forgotten them old chap

Mr Burns

Aug 25, 2003
Springfield
Christ has Ashley Barnes signed up a load of his family and friends to post on here. No matter how utterly FAECES he is people still support him. HOW can Dobbie have been dropped for him? Barnes plays the most useless role I have ever seen an Albion player in all my life. Yes he tracks back and defends but for christ sake when he get on the ball in those wide areas what an utter waste of space he is. Im totally sick of people trying to justify this "total football" role he plays. I for one just do not see what on earth he does in that position. We are in the CHAMPIONSHIP!! It isnt really that much at this level to ask another player to track back, keep the ball moving.. play it SIMPLE like Barnes supposedly does.

The lad is a STRIKER. When he scores he is in a central position. There is absolutely no need for him to be in that position and when you have Dobbie, Lopez on the bench and Lua Lua not even in the squad sometimes it is a joke. I try occasionally to stick up for him but for god sake he was utterly woeful today. And why people feel the need to compare him to CMS, our top goalscorer I have no idea. All this and he decides to pick the ball up and take a penalty. For god sake drop him.
You will notice, teh same people that support blidly support Ashley Barnes, will also not have a negative word said about anything Brighton & Hove Albion.

If NSC was around in the dark days of Belltwati and Archer, they probably wouldn't have had a bad word said against those clowns either.

Seriously, anyone who thinks Barnes, belongs in the same squad let alone team as the likes of Kusczazak, Bridge, Bruno, Bridcutt, Buckley, CMS, Dobbie, Hoskins, really need to have a serious word with themselves.

LamieRobertson

Not awoke
Feb 3, 2008
SHOREHAM BY SEA
As gutted as the other 25k Seagull fans there today but I will take one positive from this game... No way will Gus let Barnes take another pen for us! And yes I like the lad as a rule, but he did not do the biz today.

For me it was the worst result we've had during Gus's reign, and I expect each and every one of our players to be angry with themselves tonight!

I'm gutted as you can tell.

Well u might b pleased to hear tht Poyet himself said tht Barnes won't b taking another

bluenitsuj

Listen to me!!!
Feb 26, 2011
Willingdon
Barnes didn't have a good game, so all those that don't understand football are in with their sharpened blades. CMS didn't play well today, but he got a standing ovation. Seriously, WTF?
CMS is not shit nearly every game. IMHO

Acker79

NSC Patron
Nov 15, 2008
Brighton
Just a question to the ones that like Barnes,will you be happy when the team is announced Tuesday when Barnes name is read out in the starting line up.
honest question and honest answer please.

Yes. Because regardless of how anyone viewed his performance today he can, and does, play well for us, contributing something most games either defensively, attacking, or just structurally, and I think anyone who writes off a player before the game has even started is clearly exhibiting a vendetta against said player rather than supporting a team.

If he performs badly when the game has kicked off, that's another matter.

Stat Brother

NSC Patron
Jul 11, 2003
West west west Sussex
That would be air shot that then rolled to CMS who was unable to control it, let alone shot, before it bounced off to another Brighton star who I can't even remember, but also missed it.
Three players miss it including Barnes, but only Barnes gets pilloried for it. The others don't even get a mention.
CMS wouldn't have been expecting the to come to him if I was in Barnes position, and I'm fat.

Last edited:

Papa Lazarou

Living in a De Zerbi wonderland
Jul 7, 2003
Worthing
You are absolutely right. However, his movement remains amongst the best in the team, the third miss was terrible, but his movement in finding the space was good. He also won the ball that led to the free kick for the goal.

Despite this, Dobbie should've been on much earlier..... Arguably half-time, as Ash's confidence looked shot.

Incidentally CMS should have buried the header, orlandi missed a sitter as did Hoskins.

When did Hoskins miss a sitter? Are you referring to the shot which brought a great save from their keeper, at full stretch?

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here