Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Singing bye bye Ashley Ashley Barnes...

Acker79

NSC Patron
Nov 15, 2008
Brighton
Just saw the penalty again on ssn. That follow up was not embarrassing. Bogdan is already diving back across into the open goal, so barnes hit it toward the part of the gol bogdan was moving away from, and unfortunately it caught bogdan's feet. May e could have lifted it over Bogdan, maybe delay a second longer for bogdan to get further across the goal, but it certainly wasn't as bad as people are making out.

brakespear

Doctor Worm
Feb 24, 2009
Sleeping on the roof
One?! ONE!? Are you joking? He's been woeful all season. Seriously, ONE BAD PERFORMANCE?!!
except he hasn't - admittedly he hasn't been knocking the goals in but he has been rather better than 'woeful'.

Mr Burns

Aug 25, 2003
Springfield
Just saw the penalty again on ssn. That follow up was not embarrassing. Bogdan is already diving back across into the open goal, so barnes hit it toward the part of the gol bogdan was moving away from, and unfortunately it caught bogdan's feet. May e could have lifted it over Bogdan, maybe delay a second longer for bogdan to get further across the goal, but it certainly wasn't as bad as people are making out.
What are you talking about. You do come out with some shit, but that tops it all.

The keeper was on the floor. He never got up from the pen save. He hit it straight at the keeper. The keeper never got up!!! He had about 80% of the goal to aim at. Anywhere 3 foot above the keeper, or the entire right hand side of the goal. He was six yards out!! If that was not an embarrassing miss, then I don't know what is.

I know you will defend Barnes until such time Poyet realises he's complete shite and we no longer have to suffer him anymore, but for f*** sake, at least see what happened.

Seriously, we've all seen it live, and on the telly box, and if thats what you really saw, you really need a trip to spec savers.

El Presidente

The ONLY Gay in Brighton
Helpful Moderator
Jul 5, 2003
Pattknull med Haksprut
Why has this thread been moved to this bit of NSC?

Because it ceased to be a discussion about Barnes' diabolical finishing and turned into a personal trade of insults between Mr Burns and Lamie Robertson. Transferring it here takes some of the heat out of the issue, but still allows people to discuss it.

Acker79

NSC Patron
Nov 15, 2008
Brighton
What are you talking about. You do come out with some shit, but that tops it all.

The keeper was on the floor. He never got up from the pen save. He hit it straight at the keeper. The keeper never got up!!! He had about 80% of the goal to aim at. Anywhere 3 foot above the keeper, or the entire right hand side of the goal. He was six yards out!! If that was not an embarrassing miss, then I don't know what is.

I know you will defend Barnes until such time Poyet realises he's complete shite and we no longer have to suffer him anymore, but for f*** sake, at least see what happened.

Seriously, we've all seen it live, and on the telly box, and if thats what you really saw, you really need a trip to spec savers.

Bogdan had got to his knees before barnes got to the rebound, and had started to dive the other way. I'm not saying it was the right, but the thinking behind it wasn't so bizarre, and the term "embarrassing" doesn't apply here.

LamieRobertson

Not awoke
Feb 3, 2008
SHOREHAM BY SEA
Because it ceased to be a discussion about Barnes' diabolical finishing and turned into a personal trade of insults between Mr Burns and Lamie Robertson. Transferring it here takes some of the heat out of the issue, but still allows people to discuss it.

one insult back after several my way but a good move ..next time i will try not to allow myself to be dragged into it

Mr Burns

Aug 25, 2003
Springfield
Bogdan had got to his knees before barnes got to the rebound, and had started to dive the other way. I'm not saying it was the right, but the thinking behind it wasn't so bizarre, and the term "embarrassing" doesn't apply here.
getting to his knees is Slightly different to diving back across his goal isn't it as you stated earlier..... but hey, why bother. If you think the follow up wasn't an embarrassing miss for a professional footballer, then nothing will be

Mr Burns

Aug 25, 2003
Springfield
one insult back after several my way but a good move ..next time i will try not to allow myself to be dragged into it
Several your way. Are you for real. If your going to post in a forum, if you're going to raise points against people, at least answer them back when they raise them back, as 4 times you avoid a direct question, and continue to do so, which suggests to me you haven't the first clue what you are taking about, as I think is quite clear.

Acker79

NSC Patron
Nov 15, 2008
Brighton
getting to his knees is Slightly different to diving back across his goal isn't it as you stated earlier..... but hey, why bother. If you think the follow up wasn't an embarrassing miss for a professional footballer, then nothing will be

Did you read the full sentence? "Bogdan had got to his knees before barnes got to the rebound, and had started to dive the other way."

It's almost exactly the same as "Bogdan is already diving back across into the open goal, so barnes hit it toward the part of the go[a]l bogdan was moving away from" just with the extra clarification that bogdan got to his knees first (which I added after you claimed that bogdan was lying on the floor and hadn't even gotten up from the initial save).

poidy

Aug 3, 2009
Maybe could have lifted it over Bogdan, maybe delay a second longer for bogdan to get further across the goal, but it certainly wasn't as bad as people are making out.

Or maybe he could have just belted the rebound into the empty side of the goal giving the keeper absolutely no chance. Although he would have probably f***ed that up as well

Or maybe he'll turn into a player one day who doesn't require 4-5 chances per game to bag a goal. His goals to chances ratio over the last two years must be absolutely woeful. Not good enough at this level. Anyone who thinks otherwise is deluded with little or no knowledge of the game

poidy

Aug 3, 2009
20 goals in the season we won the league, top scorer for us last season... I wish I was that shit.

A decent player would have had closer to 40 with the amount of chances he had. I'm fairly confident I would have bagged 10 that season and I'm shite

JTR938

Nov 24, 2012
Get him gone ASAP before he does any more damage!! Barnes alone will cost us any chance of making a play off place!!

ali jenkins

Thanks to Guinness Dave
Feb 9, 2006
Southwick
King mistakes.
A decent player would have had closer to 40 with the amount of chances he had. I'm fairly confident I would have bagged 10 that season and I'm shite

So Murray isn't a decent player?

There was 75 minutes left after the game and Barnes wasn't the only one who missed a chance. Did Orlandi not miss a pretty good chance? Did we yet again leave someone unmarked in the box to score? There are 11 people on the pitch and Barnes isn't the only one guilty of making mistakes.

poidy

Aug 3, 2009
King mistakes.

So Murray isn't a decent player?

There was 75 minutes left after the game and Barnes wasn't the only one who missed a chance. Did Orlandi not miss a pretty good chance? Did we yet again leave someone unmarked in the box to score? There are 11 people on the pitch and Barnes isn't the only one guilty of making mistakes.

I dont think anyone can argue what was the most clear cut opportunity. The penalty miss I can accept (it happens) but the follow up where he had three quarters of the net empty yet placed it exactly where the goalie was positioned was unforgivable. Have you seen the highlights? If not have a butchers, it looks worse on second viewing.

ali jenkins

Thanks to Guinness Dave
Feb 9, 2006
Southwick
I dont think anyone can argue what was the most clear cut opportunity. The penalty miss I can accept (it happens) but the follow up where he had three quarters of the net empty yet placed it exactly where the goalie was positioned was unforgivable. Have you seen the highlights? If not have a butchers, it looks worse on second viewing.

I've not said it was a shocking miss, I said so at the time but there were SEVENTY FIVE minutes left after that to score.

00snook

Aug 20, 2007
Southsea

Fairy muff

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here